A Song That Always Reminds You Of Someone

Lorraine

Post a song that, whenever you hear it, always reminds you of someone and, if you feel so inclined, tell us why.

Here's a song that, whenever I hear it, I think of one of the girls that was at Mrs. Wilson's Halfway House with me in Morristown, Leslie Fay.

Every time I hear him sing: "Tam bo li de say de moi ya, yeah, jambo jambo"

I can see Leslie singing along and dancing.

• Like 1

"This Is How You Remind Me" always reminds me of this thread. :dweez:

Okay, but seriously folks, "More Than a Feeling" reminds me of the girlfriend I took to my Junior prom; "Do You Feel Like We Do" reminds me of my friend Dave because it always seemed to be playing whenever we drove from Estes down to Boulder; "Life By the Drop" reminds me of my friend Eric because we'd get drunk and sing it (terribly).

Can a song remind me of someone I see everyday? "Cinnamon Girl" always makes me think of my wife.

I could do this for hours -- I tend to associate like that.

Cool thread idea.

• Like 1

I associate various ex`s with the following

Corrs - What Can I Do?, Toploader - Dancing In The Moonlight

Joe Satriani - Flying In A Blue Dream, Side two of 1984

Nirvana - Tourette`s, RATM - Killing In The Name

Tiffany - I Think We`re Alone Now

Alanis M - Under Rug Swept

And my wife with

Karen O - I Shall Rise

Warren Zevon - Empty Handed Heart

It reminds me of wife #1 as we were breaking up.

The song is off 'Bad Luck Streak In Dancing School'. Warren at his heartbreaking best. Linda Ronstadt on descant vocals.

It's worth a listen if you haven't heard it. In fact the whole album is!

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgDhXSl5sp8

To balance things out after last post, here is a song that reminds me of my current wife!! (Only one missing now is wife #2 lol!!)

That also reminded me of someone.
  • Like 1

This song was on the charts and being played a lot when I was in love for the first time, my Sr.. year in high school 74-75. The feelings were reciprocated for a number of months and life was very good.........

http://youtu.be/iU-wXrdh-8U

Unfortunately, and much to my heartache, she gradually fell out of love with me. I tried to pretend it wasn't the case of course. One afternoon the summer after graduation I was at her house, in her spare bedroom with her while she was doing some ironing and this song came on. Her obvious like/enjoyment of the song as she sang along word for word was the moment I knew it was over for good. And it of course played out that way. It never fails to make me sad to this day when I hear it.

http://youtu.be/OtBHfxU2wmc

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

Some good nostalgia goes on with these...

Good, old uni friend used to play the crap out of this [then new] one (as if the radio wasn’t enough). He must’ve explained the lyrics to me and another mutual buddy at least two dozen times. “Yeah, Rick. We know. You told us before.” “I did? Oh.” :lol:

http://youtu.be/YgSPaXgAdzE

All 3 of us are still in contact and we rip Rick for his never ending explanation of the song. :lol:

Next one reminds me of a uni gf, the first gf of consequence really. No nastiness or ill will during or after the break up. (She dumped me.) But yeah she was a cool girl and great singer too. She could sing this to a tee.

http://youtu.be/vGEKW-e_Ge8

Dance at our Wedding Reception with my Ex:

First Song: In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel

Second Song: It's the End of the World as We Know It - REM

The REM song pissed off some of her relatives that didn't have a sense of humor. Good. Too bad there wasn't more to the marriage beyond our shared oddball sense of humor so we divorced 4 years later.

Edited by HemiBeers

Chicago - Saturday in the Park

Senior year in high school, I would meet my friend Tim ( and others ) on Saturday nights to drink beer in the park.

Fast forward 47 years and I still meet Tim but on Fridays and drink beer, at our backyards ( covid safe these days ).

For our high school yearbook senior bios, we both had "Saturday in the Park" beneath our graduation photos.

• Like 1

Senior year in high school, I would meet my friend Tim ( and others ) on Saturday nights to drink beer in the park.

Fast forward 47 years and I still meet Tim but on Fridays and drink beer, at our backyards ( covid safe these days ).

For our high school yearbook senior bios, we both had "Saturday in the Park" beneath our graduation photos.

Great song and great story.

• Like 1

Great song and great story.

http://youtu.be/Cab_XlnJZjc

• Like 1

During a grade 6 graduation party at Suzie's, Frampton's live "Do You Feel" was played as a 15-min kissing contest song. The goal was to kiss nonstop for the whole song.

Anything by Lionel Ritchie reminds me of a super hot but totally nuts girlfriend I had in high school. She used to write me perfumed notes with hand written lyrics. I still have some of those notes, and they still smell like her.

Time Stand Still still gives me chills with memories of my lifelong RUSH superfan friends

• Like 2

Dance at our Wedding Reception with my Ex:

First Song: In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel

Second Song: It's the End of the World as We Know It - REM

The REM song pissed off some of her relatives that didn't have a sense of humor. Good. Too bad there wasn't more to the marriage beyond our shared oddball sense of humor so we divorced 4 years later.

I had a cousin ask me what song he should play at his wedding and I said "Into The Void" (by Sabbath). He literally laughed his ass off but in deference to her, didn't do it.