John Paul Jones Top Ten Basslines!

Entre_Perpetuo

Achilles Last Stand - incredible bass line if you isolate it

As soon as I read the thread title I started playing this song in my head. I'm embarrassed to say I had to pull up the song to be sure I was thinking of the right one/title.

JPJ was once upon a time the underrated Zep member, but history has been very kind to JPJ and I think everyone in rock knows just how critical he was in the song writing and overall sound of the band. (4) premier rock artists who could have carried any band on their own. A true tour de force, which is why we're still talking about them and listening all these years later.

• Like 3

JPJ was once upon a time the underrated Zep member, but history has been very kind to JPJ and I think everyone in rock knows just how critical he was in the song writing and overall sound of the band. (4) premier rock artists who could have carried any band on their own. A true tour de force, which is why we're still talking about them and listening all these years later.

Was Jones underrated or were his bandmates overrated? :o

Fans and the media elevated Plant, Page and Bonham to godlike status. Even today, many fans speak of Bonham with the same reverence. I'm not sure that this is a good thing.

• Like 2

As soon as I read the thread title I started playing this song in my head. I'm embarrassed to say I had to pull up the song to be sure I was thinking of the right one/title.

When he released his solo album Zooma in 1999 he did some live dates in very small venues. Belfast was on the list and I got to see him up close and personal. What a fantastic musician he is!!
  • Like 2

When he released his solo album Zooma in 1999 he did some live dates in very small venues. Belfast was on the list and I got to see him up close and personal. What a fantastic musician he is!!

Zooma is fantastic.

• Like 1