Which of these latter day Rolling Stones albums is the best?

treeduck

Latter Day Stones albums?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these later years Stones albums is your favourite?

• Undercover
    • Dirty Work
    • Voodoo Lounge
    • Bridges to Babylon
    • A Bigger Bang
    • Blue and Lonesome

A Bigger Bang followed by Undercover. Undercover because of the song Too Tough...fantastic tune.

I enjoyed A Bigger Bang so much that I saw them in concert 13 times that tour. Well, the tour did last two years.

Songs 1-4 are fantastic

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

You forgot Steel Wheels. That's the album after Dirty Work.

That would have gotten my vote. From the available list it's Voodoo Lounge followed by A Bigger Bang.

That's why it's not there, I wanted to know about the albums other than Steel Wheels.

I've heard Voodoo Lounge and Undercover. Undercover is more interesting, but Voodoo Lounge is probably the better album, though longer.
  • Like 2

Blue And Lonesome is their best in years even if it is a covers album.

It's a covers album so it shouldn't be ranked alongside their original material. If I were to rank Metallica's albums, Garage Inc wouldn't be in it. Cover albums should just be put off to the side. There's nothing impressive about a professional musician being able to perform someone else's song.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

It's a covers so it shouldn't be ranked alongside their original material. If I were to rank Metallica's albums, Garage Inc wouldn't be in it. Cover albums should just be put off to the side. There's nothing impressive about a professional musician being able to perform someone else's song.

cover albums are literally my least fav thing an artist could release. if an artist i love does it. automatic skip from me, lol

Mick

• Like 1

It's a covers so it shouldn't be ranked alongside their original material. If I were to rank Metallica's albums, Garage Inc wouldn't be in it. Cover albums should just be put off to the side. There's nothing impressive about a professional musician being able to perform someone else's song.

cover albums are literally my least fav thing an artist could release. if an artist i love does it. automatic skip from me, lol

Mick

In a way they came full circle, they started their career doing cover albums full of songs from the likes of Willie Dixon, and they eventually returned to making an album of covers of blues artists, including, once again, Willie Dixon. Maybe this was the purpose of the album, the end of the journey?

• Like 2

It's a covers album so it shouldn't be ranked alongside their original material. If I were to rank Metallica's albums, Garage Inc wouldn't be in it. Cover albums should just be put off to the side. There's nothing impressive about a professional musician being able to perform someone else's song.

Rock music's foundation was built on musicians performing someone else's songs. The Stones came full circle with Blue and Lonesome.

• Like 2

Rock music's foundation was built on musicians performing someone else's songs. The Stones came full circle with Blue and Lonesome.

As I pointed out earlier. ;)