Rolling Stones/Who face off - Who's Better Who's Better You Bet?

treeduck

The Who vs The Stones? Who you got?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like better, or who do you think is better?

• The Rolling Stones
    • The Who
    • It's too close to call, I declare this poll a tie

Wow... I really hated that article. Some of those reasons were outright shameful. The Who win over the Stones in part because they had more fans die at a show? What kind of sadistic logic is that?

• Like 1

Vocals - I've always preferred Daltrey over Jagger

Drums - Moon beats Watts (no pun intended!!)

Bass - Entwistle was one of my all time favourite bass players

Guitar - hmmmm .... pretty close between Townshend and Richards ..... very different styles

Both bands have had massive highs in terms of recordings but I think the Stones have had more lows ... so ....

The Who gets my vote.

I am not one for concept albums. I find them bloated and unnecessary. I never listen to Tommy or The Who Sell Out or Quadrophenia beginning to end. And I think Townshend's biggest weakness is his obsession with concepts. Just give me the songs! Like the Stones do!
  • Like 1

I am not one for concept albums. I find them bloated and unnecessary. I never listen to Tommy or The Who Sell Out or Quadrophenia beginning to end. And I think Townshend's biggest weakness is his obsession with concepts. Just give me the songs! Like the Stones do!

i like the odd concept. but i actually rarely pay attention to the story ANYWAY, lol.

yea. i don't get the obsession TRF seems to have with Quadrophenia in particular.

it's fine i guess.

Mick

• Like 1

i like the odd concept. but i actually rarely pay attention to the story ANYWAY, lol.

yea. i don't get the obsession TRF seems to have with Quadrophenia in particular.

it's fine i guess.

Mick

They're MODS!

• Like 1

it's fine i guess.

Mick

Agreed. I went on a Who binge a few months back. Quadrophenia doesn’t move me at all. They have a number of better albums.

• Like 1