Needle and spoon VS Needle and the damage done

tangy

Two real gems, both songs I`ve known for most of my life. Needle & Spoon was the first song I learnt to play on guitar and first time I played natural harmonics too. So I`m just going for Skynyrd, also for the wah-wah solo.
  • Like 3

Needle & the Damage Done summons up warm memories of Saturday night gatherings after the bars closed, singing to this while whoever brought a guitar played along.
  • Like 1

Gotta go with The Needle and the Spoon. I had a roommate in college who played the Second Helping album over and over so the song is firmly fixed in my head.

Love the guitar solo by Allen Collins.

Both great tunes but LS gets my vote.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2

I love and respect both tunes. LS pre crash is a top 5 band for me and were a few years before I got into neil.

My fave is the version from one more from the road.

Neil is a tremendous talent. Probably my favorite singer/ songwriter on acoustic guitar and harmonica. Then I love the rust never sleeps with crazy horse era.

And I reallly loved what he added to CSN

What about

Simple man vs old man?

I love and respect both tunes. LS pre crash is a top 5 band for me and were a few years before I got into neil.

Neil is a tremendous talent. Probably my favorite singer/ songwriter on acoustic guitar and harmonica. Then I love the rust never sleeps with crazy horse era.

What about

Simple man vs old man?

I've been to a bunch of weddings over the years, and more than a few times the song for the mother/son dance was Simple Man. So sick of that song now. Old Man is a better song anyway.

For the poll at the top, I chose Skynyrd. Good guitar song.

• Like 1

What about

Simple man vs old man?

I've been to a bunch of weddings over the years, and more than a few times the song for the mother/son dance was Simple Man. So sick of that song now. Old Man is a better song anyway.

For the poll at the top, I chose Skynyrd. Good guitar song.

Yeah, old man is a fantastic tune and probably my fave by him. I remembered that james Taylor played banjo on that tune. I did not know until today that he and Linda ronstadt did the backing vocals.

Great stuff.

• Like 1

The Needle and the Spoon is possibly my favorite Skynyrd song. And they wipe the floor with Neil Young.

It's a great tune. Crazy energy. I really like working for mca too.

I love neil too and disagree about wiping the floor though.