Boasting "Do You See My Ring?" - Doesn't Work With Cops

Principled Man

Do you see my ring?

I’m a Hall of Famer baseball person.

I’m legit. I’m a Hall of Famer, brother.

Your [sic] trying to embarrass me.

-- Tony LaRussa

(While being arrested for drunk driving the day before the White Sox announced his hiring as their new manager.)

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

Do you see my ring?

-- Tony Larussa

(While being arrested for drunk driving the day before the White Sox announced his hiring as their new manager.)

Is the LaRussa hire the worst one this century? I sure don't get it.

• Like 1

It’s just more proof that there is a finite number of smart pro sports executives. The White Sox are obviously trying to recapture the long dead LaRussa magic. Big mistake.

• Like 5

It’s just more proof that there is a finite number of smart pro sports executives. The White Sox are obviously trying to recapture the long dead LaRussa magic. Big mistake.

Not only finite, but less than the total number of teams. Given where the White Sox are in their competitive window I can't think of anyone less suited to the roster.

Do you see my ring?

-- Tony LaRussa

Seriously? Doesn't bode well for his new run with the White Sox. Although Billy Martin did all right for a few comebacks with the Yankees while tearing it up at the bars. Until he didn't.

Edited by blueschica

Jose Abreau of the White Sox, the newly minted AL MVP made comments yesterday supporting the ousted manager Rick Renteria. Guessing there will be problems with LaRussa and the young players from day one. Edited by driventotheedge

Do you see my ring?

-- Tony LaRussa

Seriously? Doesn't bode well for his new run with the White Sox. Although Billy Martin did all right for a few comebacks with the Yankees while tearing it up at the bars. Until he didn't.

My god. Billy Martin. What a character.

• Like 1

After the season, Martin got into a fight with

marshmallow

salesman Joseph Cooper at a hotel in Minneapolis. Cooper alleged that he said that Martin should not have won his American League Manager of the Year award, which he believed should have gone to

Dick Williams

or

Earl Weaver

. Martin, in his autobiography, replied by mocking Cooper's profession and in the process angered him to the point where Cooper challenged Martin to a fight. Martin responded by wagering $500 that he could beat Cooper and proceeded to do so.

[143]

Facing pressure from the commissioner's office to do something about Martin's off-field conduct, Steinbrenner fired Martin five days later.

[144][145]

:laughing guy:

• Like 1