Alex Trebek has died

Fordgalaxy

Richards is a fantastic choice. The smear campaign going on against him is despicable, and people should be ashamed for parroting it without actually looking into the facts. (Richards literally did nothing wrong, and the court dismissed all of the accusations against him.) And there's also the nonsense notion that he "hired himself", when it's been clear that this is Sony picture's decision.

He won the job by being a great choice. Lose the politics and get over the fact that it's not your guy.

Edited by KenJennings

C'mon, ya fckkin dummies get your right foot right. Buzzy Cohen for permanent host.

He would be my choice also! I think Richards was right to step down; his reputation was becoming a distraction from the game. Buzzy would be great! Hopefully, whoever it is, they will do a little background checking first.

• Like 1

Alex Trebek is the Charlemagne of modern game shows. Very shortly after he passed, his kids destroyed the Empire.
  • Like 1

That guy Richards delivered a classic non-apology.

Is there any high profile douchebag who hasn't done a non apology? That DINO punk Cuomo did this same crap recently as well as Louis CK a few years ago. Good riddance to that industry schmuck. Lesson be learned, LISTEN.TO.THE.FANS.

TLJj3f7.gif

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Richards is a fantastic choice. The smear campaign going on against him is despicable, and people should be ashamed for parroting it without actually looking into the facts. (Richards literally did nothing wrong, and the court dismissed all of the accusations against him.) And there's also the nonsense notion that he "hired himself", when it's been clear that this is Sony picture's decision.

He won the job by being a great choice. Lose the politics and get over the fact that it's not your guy.

Have to disagree with you, it is a bit awkward that he is the executive producer for the show and then just happens to get the job over all the other contenders (especially since he didn't reveal his interest in the job when they began auditions).

Mr. Richards stepped down on Friday after revelations of offensive and sexist comments he made on a podcast several years ago, just nine days after Sony announced his new role with great fanfare. He wrote in a staff memo that “moving forward as host would be too much of a distraction for our fans and not the right move for the show.”https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/20/business/mike-richards-quits-jeopardy.html?searchResultPosition=2

It is just sad that they botched this so badly and Sony doesn't seem to get why it is a big deal. Poor Alex would be mortified by this circus. So now they start over and Mayim Bialik is left as host of prime time specials for Jeopardy (whatever that means).

• Like 1

Have to disagree with you, it is a bit awkward that he is the executive producer for the show and then just happens to get the job over all the other contenders (especially since he didn't reveal his interest in the job when they began auditions).

Mr. Richards stepped down on Friday after revelations of offensive and sexist comments he made on a podcast several years ago, just nine days after Sony announced his new role with great fanfare. He wrote in a staff memo that “moving forward as host would be too much of a distraction for our fans and not the right move for the show.”https://www.nytimes....esultPosition=2

It is just sad that they botched this so badly and Sony doesn't seem to get why it is a big deal. Poor Alex would be mortified by this circus. So now they start over and Mayim Bialik is left as host of prime time specials for Jeopardy (whatever that means).

He gets points for stepping down so quickly and acknowledging it would have been a distraction and the show is bigger than he is. And also for not bragging about what he did or said.

He'll likely never be a politician with that kind of thinking.

Mr. Richards stepped down on Friday after revelations of offensive and sexist comments he made on a podcast several years ago, just nine days after Sony announced his new role with great fanfare. He wrote in a staff memo that “moving forward as host would be too much of a distraction for our fans and not the right move for the show.”https://www.nytimes....esultPosition=2

He gets points for stepping down so quickly and acknowledging it would have been a distraction and the show is bigger than he is. And also for not bragging about what he did or said.

He'll likely never be a politician with that kind of thinking.

In answer to your avatar's question..........NO!

• Like 2

William Shatner was recently asked about the troubles and scandals that the game show Jeopardy! is currently facing:

I'd just like to say....get a life, will you, people? For crying out loud, it's just a TV show!

There's a whole world out there! When I was your age, I didn't watch television. I LIVED!

http://trekmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/getalife-16.jpg

• Like 1

This is not a done deal, Richards is back pedaling about the allegations of sex discrimination and it looks pretty sleazy to let him have a pass but get all worked up about some old tweets of Ken Jennings. It also smells that it's him basically giving himself the job. LeVar Burton should get it IMHO.

LeVar was too enthusiastic and it didn't fit the game. If he gets it he would need to button it up a bit. (I wouldn't be opposed to him getting it if he did).

I'd have to know more about the sex discrimination allegations to make a determination but while he was good he wasn't my favorite. I think David Faber was about the best but all were pretty good, with the possible exception of Dr. Oz and probably the smug Joe Buck. Jennings started out slow but was pretty good by the end. Or they could "go off the board".

241059726_4485106294885483_814477299343088419_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=itQ6xtnyKp4AX8OddQ6&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=1dd2b52522d30292ebad0a54b61a3f5b&oe=61599C57

• Like 4

Jennings and Bialik named the permanent hosts.

Through the end of the year.

This is correct. Supposedly they're still looking for a "permanent" host. Seems to me it would just behoove them to go with these 2 and call them co-hosts. They're good at hosting. Why keep searching?

• Like 1

This is correct. Supposedly they're still looking for a "permanent" host. Seems to me it would just behoove them to go with these 2 and call them co-hosts. They're good at hosting. Why keep searching?

Throw some LeVar Burton into the mix.

Throw some LeVar Burton into the mix.

LeVar seemed like he had trouble relaxing and gettin' into the role, I thought. I keep thinking Jeff Probst would be good, the Survivor host. He's a little on the cheesy side but I bet he could tone it down.

It seems LaVar has soured on the idea and doesn't want to be on Jeopardy now. I can't blame him, they were just going through the motions of picking a host. It was a hot mess from the get go. Richards was a devious jerk and Sony has made themselves look tone deaf. I am less inclined to watch now (not that I watched that regularly before) killing the goose that laid the golden egg IMHO.

http://variety.com/2...ost-1235067378/

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

It seems LaVar has soured on the idea and doesn't want to be on Jeopardy now. I can't blame him, they were just going through the motions of picking a host. It was a hot mess from the get go. Richards was a devious jerk and Sony has made themselves look tone deaf. I am less inclined to watch now (not that I watched that regularly before) killing the goose that laid the golden egg IMHO.

http://variety.com/2...ost-1235067378/

To me and a lot of avid watchers (which you obviously aren't), the host is secondary. Alex said the same. It's about the game itself. But you're right that Richards effed this up from the get go.

• Like 1