Alex Trebek has died

Fordgalaxy

I remember the original man who did Jeopardy (in fact, I'm so old I remember when Jeopardy first came on the air), still ... it's sad to hear about Alex. He did it for so long.

I remember Art too Lorraine, rather well actually. The fact that we remember him points to one irrefutable truth, we fukking old!

RIP Alex. You will be greatly, greatly missed.

Executive producer Mike Richards will replace Alex Trebeck as the shows permanent host.

They chose some corporate schmuck executive who looks like a Ralph Reed Look-alike contest winner. :facepalm:

• Like 3

Executive producer Mike Richards will replace Alex Trebeck as the shows permanent host.

I was anticipating this Michael Richards (Kramer) instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYX-6IVH53w

After that heckling incident years ago, that wouldn't be a good idea either. Should have been Ken Jennings or Levar.

• Like 3

This is not a done deal, Richards is back pedaling about the allegations of sex discrimination and it looks pretty sleazy to let him have a pass but get all worked up about some old tweets of Ken Jennings. It also smells that it's him basically giving himself the job. LeVar Burton should get it IMHO.
  • Like 3

This is not a done deal, Richards is back pedaling about the allegations of sex discrimination and it looks pretty sleazy to let him have a pass but get all worked up about some old tweets of Ken Jennings. It also smells that it's him basically giving himself the job. LeVar Burton should get it IMHO.

LeVar was too enthusiastic and it didn't fit the game. If he gets it he would need to button it up a bit. (I wouldn't be opposed to him getting it if he did).

I'd have to know more about the sex discrimination allegations to make a determination but while he was good he wasn't my favorite. I think David Faber was about the best but all were pretty good, with the possible exception of Dr. Oz and probably the smug Joe Buck. Jennings started out slow but was pretty good by the end. Or they could "go off the board".

• Like 2

LeVar was too enthusiastic and it didn't fit the game. If he gets it he would need to button it up a bit. (I wouldn't be opposed to him getting it if he did).

I'd have to know more about the sex discrimination allegations to make a determination but while he was good he wasn't my favorite. I think David Faber was about the best but all were pretty good, with the possible exception of Dr. Oz and probably the smug Joe Buck. Jennings started out slow but was pretty good by the end. Or they could "go off the board".

Yeah, David Faber was good. Aaron Rodgers was good too, but we all know that's not gonna happen. I wouldn't mind Jeff Probst; he used to host a weird thing on MTV called Rock n Roll Jeopardy.

I (maybe strangely) think that Drew Carey would be great! Seriously! He has been hosting The Price Is Right for 14 years. I rarely watch, but he has been good when I have seen it and he has the kind of wry sense of humor that Alex Trebek had. He actually is very intelligent- he was a Field Radio Operator in the Marines for 6 years; something where you have to deal with electronics, physics, math etc., and he gives off such a pleasant vibe.

• Like 1

Yeah, David Faber was good. Aaron Rodgers was good too, but we all know that's not gonna happen. I wouldn't mind Jeff Probst; he used to host a weird thing on MTV called Rock n Roll Jeopardy.

I (maybe strangely) think that Drew Carey would be great! Seriously! He has been hosting The Price Is Right for 14 years. I rarely watch, but he has been good when I have seen it and he has the kind of wry sense of humor that Alex Trebek had. He actually is very intelligent- he was a Field Radio Operator in the Marines for 6 years; something where you have to deal with electronics, physics, math etc., and he gives off such a pleasant vibe.

I remember Rock and Roll Jeopardy, the brother of a good friend was on that show (he finished second).

I don't know what was more amazing, Andy Richter being the Celebrity Jeopardy GOAT, or CC DeVille being the Celebrity Rock and Roll Jeopardy GOAT.

• Like 2

I missed that R&R show on VH1. I've actually been on Price Is Right twice in 2000 and 2002 when Barker was on. I never got to "come on down" but someone from my group did in 2000. Agreed on Drew as well.

To make matters worse with Jeopardy, Joe Suck is guest hosting this week.

• Like 2

I remember Rock and Roll Jeopardy, the brother of a good friend was on that show (he finished second).

I don't know what was more amazing, Andy Richter being the Celebrity Jeopardy GOAT, or CC DeVille being the Celebrity Rock and Roll Jeopardy GOAT.

Mark McGrath was another surprisingly good one.

• Like 1

I missed that R&R show on VH1. I've actually been on Price Is Right twice in 2000 and 2002 when Barker was on. I never got to "come on down" but someone from my group did in 2000. Agreed on Drew as well.

To make matters worse with Jeopardy, Joe Suck is guest hosting this week.

Yeah, my mom is a big Jeopardy fan and doesn't know Joe Buck from a hole in the wall! She called me tonight, though, and said "Who is this guy? I can't stand him!" :lol:

• Like 1

Joe is actually watchable! You just mute the sound and turn on captioning. And with Matt beatin' ass like he is, it'll be a quick week.

Yeah, that guy is rackin' up some big bucks! Makes you wonder how long he will be on??!!

• Like 1