You know you're a Rush fan when...

Flavia2112

Nobody posts in the old one anymore, so I made a new one.

You know you're a Rush fan when:

1. You can recite every Rush album in order, with the years of release. (I do this all the time and it annoys the heck out of my friends.)

2. You're in a car and you see a license plate that says YYZ. You freak out and scare the driver so much she swerves the car into the next lane.

3. You start writing a diary about the election, but end up writing about Rush half the time.

4. 9/12 is more important to you than 9/11.

5. You have to fight not to squeal when you realize your friend has a Zoom background of a red Ferrari (a Barchetta is a kind of Ferrari).

6. You actually squeal when you realize your friend has a Zoom background of a red Ferrari.

7. You watch The Twilight Zone, own every book by Ayn Rand, and have read "A Nice Morning Drive."

8. You take a chemistry class and sing the song Chemistry throughout the whole thing.

9. You convince your teacher to let you write a book report on Rush lyrics instead of an actual book.

10. You're late for work/school because you stayed up half the night listening to Rush.

11. You are shocked when your friend turns off YYZ after the part with the Morse code (you made them look up what -.---.----.. meant).

12. You're reading this.

Most of these are based on things that actually happened to me.

Someone else please post in this so I don't look silly. Let's get some funny ones!

Edited by Flavia2112
  • Like 3

15. They're the first thing that comes to mind regarding July 14.

I must not be a very big Rush fan, because it took me a couple of weeks to figure out what the heck you were talking about.

Edited by Flavia2112
  • Like 1

HAhaha my 50th post was about Roll The Bones and the "Restless Young Rushmantic" picture is of the kid kicking the skull! I swear that wasn't on purpose! Edited by Flavia2112
  • Like 2

When looking for something else about Rush on Youtube, the automatic suggestions are composed of Rush stuff.

From before.

From the other times you looked on Youtube for...Rush stuff :)

(And there is so much of it!).

• Like 3

When you're at a REO Speedwagon concert about 7-8 years ago and afterwards you realize you liked Freewill when it was played over the PA before the show better than any of the songs the band performed that night and on top of it, you like REO.
  • Like 4

When anything anyone says reminds you of Rush, no matter what the, er...

...circumstances.

*Randomly sings*

... and you say "Plus ca change..." knowingly to almost any applicable event in your life.
  • Like 3

When anything anyone says reminds you of Rush, no matter what the, er...

...circumstances.

*Randomly sings*

... and you say "Plus ca change..." knowingly to almost any applicable event in your life.

I should start doing that

• Like 1

When you just got into them this year and unofficially win a Rush trivia competition with someone who's been a fan since he was 13.

(But then again, beating someone who mixed up A Passage to Bangkok and Working Man may not be the best teller of how much random Rush trivia I know.)

Edited by Flavia2112
  • Like 2

@Flavia2112

The trivia contest - was it a matter of another player being so familiar with different albums but they mixed up something in their mind about themes or other factoids? I am thinking of a scenario whereby too much love of a band or its history could cause a sort of short-circuit in the memory banks. After all, they are two completely different albums! Different members of the group, even; although, it came upon Neil's shoulders to tour the first album that he didn't write.

Interesting to know if you recall the trivia question.

Let me guess? "Which song better describes the time to imbibe after a long day? A nice cold beer at five o'clock, or, wreathed in smoke about a quarter after nine?" Ha ha :rfl:

You have been very conscientious and thorough in your Rush journey (on these forums) and perhaps your quick wit won you the prize?