Controversial Rush Opinions

Entre_Perpetuo

I think Alex's best guitar work was on the '80s "synth" albums.

You know what....I think you may be right.

Alex's work in the "sythn" years really captivated me as a young guitarist.

IMO Alex was the arpeggio master back in those days.

• Like 3

2112, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves... are the 5 worst Rush albums.

Dang...I mean I know I said controversial but that opinion there isn't gone make you a lot of friends around here. Those three are pretty much the most publicly renowned albums in their discography, and you'll be hard pressed to find many others who don't think they're among the bands best works, especially PeW and MP...I mean idk if I've ever heard anyone around here say they didn't like those two.

If we were all standing at the North Pole in shorts and tank tops, Nate would probably say “Why are you guys cold? It’s warm out here” just to get a reaction.

Even if I was "looking for a reaction", you were dumb enough to contribute to it.

Except I wasn't. I've maintained that belief regarding my least favorite Rush albums since I joined.

Right right, you never look for a reaction with your posts. Tell us some more bullshit.

Fine, MP, PeW, and 2112 are your least favorites.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Dang...I mean I know I said controversial but that opinion there isn't gone make you a lot of friends around here. Those three are pretty much the most publicly renowned albums in their discography, and you'll be hard pressed to find many others who don't think they're among the bands best works, especially PeW and MP...I mean idk if I've ever heard anyone around here say they didn't like those two.

If we were all standing at the North Pole in shorts and tank tops, Nate would probably say “Why are you guys cold? It’s warm out here” just to get a reaction.

Even if I was "looking for a reaction", you were dumb enough to contribute to it.

Except I wasn't. I've maintained that belief regarding my least favorite Rush albums since I joined.

Right right, you never look for a reaction with your posts. Tell us some more bullshit.

Not sure why you're getting heated over this, but I fear for you man. Hopefully your wife and children don't see you when you're this upset.

But in any case, I'm sure loads of people who don't call The Wall or Dark side of the moon as their favorite Floyd albums are just looking for attention. My mistake

Not sure why you're getting heated over this, but I fear for you man. Hopefully your wife and children don't see you when you're this upset.

But in any case, I'm sure loads of people who don't call The Wall or Dark side of the moon as their favorite Floyd albums are just looking for attention. My mistake

Chill dood

• Like 2

There was no need to mention his private life. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm sorry I brought up how much I disagreed with it if this kind of arguing is the result.

Maybe tell us what your favorite Rush albums are so we might get an idea of where you're coming from and what your taste is?

• Like 3

To be fair, there's a big difference between "these five albums are not among my favorites" and "these albums are their five worst."

Despite my username, 2112, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Clockwork Angels and Roll the Bones are the 5 worst Rush albums.

As for Blaze's assessment of your posting style, he's accurately describing at least some of your posts. You do make posts designed to get a rise out of people. And that's what trolls do. Are you a troll, Nate?

• Like 1

Who’s heated? Who’s upset? I’m replying like everyone else.

I made a simple North Pole tease and you did your thing and went with the name calling as usual. And now you’re going with attempts at ripping my life (as you often do with other TRFers).

• Like 1

^Many American Rush fans are berks.

If u have nothing nice to say then don't say it at all mate.

What a boring world it would be if we all subscribed to that opinion.........mate.

Lmao well in a boring world, it should exist that rule.

What he said was rude, n it was directed towards me, n Ik it was towards me bc of the ^ n my comment was above it.

Is English your first language?

Yes it is mate, n Spanish is my 2nd.

P-R, some friendly advice. This is a message board consisting of mostly adults. It's not Twitter, Instagram or a text conversation with one of your friends. You're better off writing in complete sentences on sites like this. And don't say, "This is my style, this is who I am," or some such thing. People here are having trouble understanding you, so give them some proper English, and in turn, give them one less thing to make fun of you for.

Okie mate, will do!! :cheers:

Stop that, please, w/ the "mate" thing. Jesus H. that's annoying.

What a boring world it would be if we all subscribed to that opinion.........mate.

What he said was rude, n it was directed towards me, n Ik it was towards me bc of the ^ n my comment was above it.

P-R, some friendly advice. This is a message board consisting of mostly adults. It's not Twitter, Instagram or a text conversation with one of your friends. You're better off writing in complete sentences on sites like this. And don't say, "This is my style, this is who I am," or some such thing. People here are having trouble understanding you, so give them some proper English, and in turn, give them one less thing to make fun of you for.

I call everyone mate!!

• Like 1

I call everyone mate!!

Since when?! This thread?

I call everyone mate!!

P-R, this "mate" thing of yours is just that, your latest "thing." You find these things that you latch onto for a few weeks, you use them to the point where they overstay their welcome, then you find something else. Not even people from Australia use "mate" in every sentence.

• Like 2

A Passage To Bangkok is overrated and barely passes as a song about drugs when you look at most of the lyrics.

Now I didn't say it was bad, but definitely overrated.

• Like 2

To be fair, there's a big difference between "these five albums are not among my favorites" and "these albums are their five worst."

Despite my username, 2112, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Clockwork Angels and Roll the Bones are the 5 worst Rush albums.

As for Blaze's assessment of your posting style, he's accurately describing at least some of your posts. You do make posts designed to get a rise out of people. And that's what trolls do. Are you a troll, Nate?

This whole "doing it to make a rise out of it" is paranoia. It's a nice fabrication. I'll leave it at that.

And no, I'm not a "troll" seeing as it's not 2010 and the term is often used by middle aged men trying to describe someone who's online presence is purposely provocative. I'm not trying to be provocative, either you're paranoid, or easily provoked. Doesnt matter either way.

Anyways

This whole "doing it to make a rise out of it" is paranoia. It's a nice fabrication. I'll leave it at that.

And no, I'm not a "troll" seeing as it's not 2010 and the term is often used by middle aged men trying to describe someone who's online presence is purposely provocative. I'm not trying to be provocative, either you're paranoid, or easily provoked. Doesnt matter either way.

Anyways

"Troll" isn't an antiquated term in the message board/blog world, as much as you'd like it to be. It means the same thing now as it did ten years ago. And adopting a Hitler avatar and spouting racist comments is the very definition of provocative posting, and you did that recently. That's on you, and it's not middle-aged paranoia or whatever bullshit terms you want to use.

• Like 2

Anyways

"Troll" isn't an antiquated term in the message board/blog world, as much as you'd like it to be. It means the same thing now as it did ten years ago. And adopting a Hitler avatar and spouting racist comments is the very definition of provocative posting, and you did that recently. That's on you, and it's not middle-aged paranoia or whatever bullshit terms you want to use.

In this case, considering the alternatives, trolling is the best case scenario.

• Like 1

I call everyone mate!!

Since last month miss.

I call everyone mate!!

Since last month miss.

If I was a stickler for proper grammar that'd be Ms. not Miss, since I'm old enough to be your mother.

But,

No mate, no miss...

No noun or pronoun necessary.

You can just say

"Since last month"

and leave it at that.

Edited by Alien Girl

I call everyone mate!!

Since last month miss.

If I was a stickler for proper grammar that'd be Ms. not Miss, since I'm old enough to be your mother.

But,

No mate, no miss...

No noun or pronoun necessary.

You can just say

"Since last month"

and leave it at that.

:P

• Like 2