BU2B

Clockwork Angels

Carnies

Side B

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

The Garden

I don't get the dislike for Carnies. It was one of the tracks I immediately latched onto.

I dig Carnies......the song.

Wasn't that a movie with Jodi Foster?

Roman Polanski

It was a movie with Roman Polanski? Huh. He was cute as a button.

If CA was a single LP ... Hmmm...

Side A

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

Carnies

Side B

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

The Garden

I don't get the dislike for Carnies. It was one of the tracks I immediately latched onto.

Roman Polanski

It was called Carnage, not Carnies. I thought you were joking.

Side A

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

Carnies

Side B

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

The Garden

Roman Polanski

Ha ha ha . . . ha . . . ha . . .

No, seriously. I think there might be a movie called Carnies starring Jodie Foster.

Edit: my mistake: "Carny"

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Side A

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

Carnies

Side B

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

The Garden

Roman Polanski

Ha ha ha . . . ha . . . ha . . .

No, seriously. I think there might be a movie called Carnies starring Jodie Foster.

Edit: my mistake: "Carny"

:LOL:

She did that too!

She’s done it all! Carny, Carnage, and she’s in a 1978 made-for-tv movie called Carnivorous.

:LOL:

• Like 1

Clockwork Angels is fantastic. Great tunes, not wearing on the ears.

Agreed. Only tracks I skip are Halo Effect and Wish Them Well.

So it's Goodbye instead of Halo?

:laughing guy: :LMAO: :laughing guy: :LMAO: :laughing guy: :LMAO: :laughing guy: :LMAO: :laughing guy: :LMAO: :laughing guy: :LMAO: :laughing guy: :LMAO: :laughing guy: :LMAO:

Haha! :laughing guy:

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 1

RTB is by far Alex's worst guitar album. His playing itself is fine, but his jangly tone and presence on that album are sooooooooo effin' weaksauce :facepalm:

Yes, even more so than HYF and PW and Presto. Some songs it almost sounds like he forgot to turn on his amp and effects (You Bet Your Life for example)

That's one of the two Rush albums were the sound and mix is so bad that it takes away almost any of my enjoyment of the songs themselves. (The other is Clockwork which is so cluttered and dense sounding that it's unlistenable )

Fortunatly, RTB does have Dreamline/Bravado/RTB/Ghost/WMT? which makes it (production aside) one of the strongest albums they ever made song writing-wise

Edited by jnoble
  • Like 1

Despite my username, 2112, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Clockwork Angels and Roll the Bones are the 5 worst Rush albums. Out of that list, A Passage to Bangkok, Red Barchetta, Camera Eye, Natural Science and Jacob's Ladder are the only good tracks. Everything else is mediocre at best

2112, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves... are the 5 worst Rush albums.

Dang...I mean I know I said controversial but that opinion there isn't gone make you a lot of friends around here. Those three are pretty much the most publicly renowned albums in their discography, and you'll be hard pressed to find many others who don't think they're among the bands best works, especially PeW and MP...I mean idk if I've ever heard anyone around here say they didn't like those two.

• Like 6

Dang...I mean I know I said controversial but that opinion there isn't gone make you a lot of friends around here. Those three are pretty much the most publicly renowned albums in their discography, and you'll be hard pressed to find many others who don't think they're among the bands best works, especially PeW and MP...I mean idk if I've ever heard anyone around here say they didn't like those two.

If we were all standing at the North Pole in shorts and tank tops, Nate would probably say “Why are you guys cold? It’s warm out here” just to get a reaction.

• Like 3

Despite my username, 2112, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Clockwork Angels and Roll the Bones are the 5 worst Rush albums. Out of that list, A Passage to Bangkok, Red Barchetta, Camera Eye, Natural Science and Jacob's Ladder are the only good tracks. Everything else is mediocre at best

This post brought to you by bathtub crank.

• Like 2

Not sure how controversial these are, but I'll give it a shot:

2112 the song is overrated. It has some good moments, but it's not as awesome as many Rush fan thinks it is. Hemispheres is a far better song.

Neils drum solos got less interesting over the years, particularly once he started doing the "big band" part as the climax (beginning on the VT tour I believe). Thus, it was a relief when he divided the solos for the CA and R40 tours

It would have been nice to see them give TS and TSOR a break for at least one tour.

Alien Shore should have become a live staple.

I would like to have seen Rush try an acoustic version of Subdivisions

The extended live jam on CTTR got boring after a few tours.

Edited by CrimsonE

I think Geddy should hold the mic more when singing (though how he plays the Bass anymore would of course be a problem). In fact has Geddy ever held a mic? What even made me think of this at this particular moment??
  • Like 1

Permanent Waves might be the best Rush album(and it's absolutely my fave Rush album), but 2112 and Moving Pictures are their landmark albums, their two biggest classics among music fans. Being a big Rush fan and considering both of these two albums to be among Rush's worst is beyond me, really.

• Like 4

i'm not a big fan of moving pictures. except for limelight which is one of my favorite rush songs.

If we were all standing at the North Pole in shorts and tank tops, Nate would probably say “Why are you guys cold? It’s warm out here” just to get a reaction.

Even if I was "looking for a reaction", you were dumb enough to contribute to it.

Except I wasn't. I've maintained that belief regarding my least favorite Rush albums since I joined.

Permanent Waves might be the best Rush album(and it's absolutely my fave Rush album), but 2112 and Moving Pictures are their landmark albums, their two biggest classics among music fans. Being a big Rush fan and considering both of these two albums to be among Rush's worst is beyond me, really.

Here's the thing. I never said they weren't landmark, because they were. I cannot change that, I just get better vibes and stronger musicianship on AF2K and Hemispheres than I do on MP. They aren't bad albums, just out of Rush's discography, they land flat to me.

Geddy and Alex stopped being able to compose really good coherant songs around the time of Test For Echo. They were great at coming up with RIFFS and parts but making a decent flowing song out of them with lyrics that matched and a memorable melody was far and few inbetween. Snakes and Clockwork are the two best examples of albums that sound more like song parts cobbled and duct taped together for 4 or 5 minutes with singing over the top instead an actual "song" if that makes sense.

Headlong Flight is a perfect example. I wouldve liked it more as an instrumental which is what it started out as.

Edited by jnoble

^Many American Rush fans are berks.

If u have nothing nice to say then don't say it at all mate.

What a boring world it would be if we all subscribed to that opinion.........mate.

Lmao well in a boring world, it should exist that rule.

What he said was rude, n it was directed towards me, n Ik it was towards me bc of the ^ n my comment was above it.

Learn to banter

Here's the thing. I never said they weren't landmark, because they were. I cannot change that, I just get better vibes and stronger musicianship on AF2K and Hemispheres than I do on MP. They aren't bad albums, just out of Rush's discography, they land flat to me.

But flatter than CP or Presto or T4E even?

i'm not a big fan of moving pictures. except for limelight which is one of my favorite rush songs.

I can kinda understand not being a huge fan, I mean, when I first heard MP it didn't quite live up to the hype for me even, especially considering I'd already heard most of the best tracks before. But actively disliking it more than all of their other albums just seems like a stretch to me.

• Like 2