Controversial Rush Opinions

Entre_Perpetuo

Neil Peart was obsessed with Ayn Rand. Now Neil is a multimillionaire bleeding heart liberal.

Amen Jesus.

Hypocrites Rule!

Aynus Rand was obsessed with herself.

Neil seems more conservative than liberal in what I’ve read of him in interviews and his crappy books (seems rather elitist), but he’s certainly rich. A fat rich American who hates fat Americans! Go figure...

Signed;

A fat Canuck

Ps: I’m pretty sure NP became a US citizen. Neil Young on the other hand is still a Canucklehead, despite living in Californication for years and years.

Hahahahahahaha!! VT!!! You kill me! "Aynus Rand." EPIC!

Excellent knowledge on NY. "Canucklehead"

I LOVE IT!

Signed,

Cinnamon Earl

:LOL: “Cinnamon Earl”!

LOL! I couldn't "Resist."

I enjoy Presto, Roll The Bones, Grace, Hold Your Fire more than any other Rush albums.

Snakes And Arrows is underrated amd proof that an album doesn't need to be perfect to be entertaining.

Two of those, Presto and HYF, are widely and rightly considered to be their worst albums. And Presto blows HYF away.

Tbh Rush doesn't seem like a good live band n Neil, is kinda a jerk sometimes, n not bc he doesn't meet fans.

What?

"Seem like?"

Rush is one of the best live bands you'll find anywhere. Even as Geddy's voice has struggled to keep up with the demands of longer tours as they've aged, their instrumentation, their technical prowess, and their performing energy is second to none.

I've never been to, nor heard tell of, a bad Rush concert- even when there are some issues.

• Like 2

I enjoy Presto, Roll The Bones, Grace, Hold Your Fire more than any other Rush albums.

Snakes And Arrows is underrated amd proof that an album doesn't need to be perfect to be entertaining.

Two of those, Presto and HYF, are widely and rightly considered to be their worst albums. And Presto blows HYF away.

Sooo close to a like. Presto doesn't blow away anything, and Snakes is as putrid as anything they've done.

Tbh Rush doesn't seem like a good live band

What makes you say that?

My guesses are: oppositional defiant disorder or your every day, run of the mill case of insanity. :poke:

Seriously, “doesn’t seem like a good live band”?! Opinions are opinions and all that but this is like saying “Siberia doesn’t seem like a cold place in winter.” :P

• Like 3

What makes you say that?

My guesses are: oppositional defiant disorder or your every day, run of the mill case of insanity. :poke:

Seriously, “doesn’t seem like a good live band”?! Opinions are opinions and all that but this is like saying “Siberia doesn’t seem like a cold place in winter.” :P

Well everyone it's my opinion sorry if I offended anyone but it's my opnion.

What makes you say that?

Who in your opinion is a good live band?

What makes you say that?

Who in your opinion is a good live band?

The Cure among some :heart: :heart:

Edited by Permanent-Rush

The Necromancer and Fountain of Lamneth are 2 of Rush's best longer pieces ever. and Ged should NEVER even attempted the vocals on Hemispheres book II. to high dude!!!!! it hurts, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

What makes you say that?

Not offended at all. Just genuinely curious if you could expand on that. I don't know what I expected.

What makes you say that?

Not offended at all. Just genuinely curious if you could expand on that. I don't know what I expected.

I've seen a lot of concerts on tv/you tube back when I was a Rush stan. I always felt as if they weren't really a good live band ever since I first saw Rush In Rio on dvd.

What makes you say that?

Have you ever seen the band live in person and had the live Rush experience?

If not....your opinion is null and void.

If you have....well, then that's your opinion.

The Necromancer and Fountain of Lamneth are 2 of Rush's best longer pieces ever. and Ged should NEVER even attempted the vocals on Hemispheres book II. to high dude!!!!! it hurts, lol

Mick

I never understood Geddy's complaining about the high vocals on Hemispheres. They didn't sound much higher or screechier than anything else they recorded on the previous 5 albums....

• Like 1

Tbh Rush doesn't seem like a good live band n Neil, is kinda a jerk sometimes, n not bc he doesn't meet fans.

What?

"Seem like?"

Rush is one of the best live bands you'll find anywhere. Even as Geddy's voice has struggled to keep up with the demands of longer tours as they've aged, their instrumentation, their technical prowess, and their performing energy is second to none.

I've never been to, nor heard tell of, a bad Rush concert- even when there are some issues.

There is one concert from R30 tour I think where Geddy forged on despite having larangitis of all things and he said the aftermath on his throat post show was pure hell for days. There's a clip of it on Youtube. I totally forget what venue or date and I may have the tour wrong.He sounded as you can probably guess horrid vocally

Edited by jnoble

What?

"Seem like?"

There is one concert from R30 tour I think where Geddy forged on despite having larangitis of all things and he said the aftermath on his throat post show was pure hell for days. There's a clip of it on Youtube. I totally forget what venue or date and I may have the tour wrong.He sounded as you can probably guess horrid vocally

I've heard of that show yesyes, that is one of the factors of my reasoning, but not really a big factor as Ik he wasn't feeling well that day n such.

I think there needs to be a differentiation between "controversial" Rush opinions, and "stupid" Rush opinions...

What do u mean?? Are u saying my opinion is stupid??

Everyone is intitled to there own opinions, I have my own just like everyone else, n I respect everyone's whether is something I agree or disagree with

Edited by Permanent-Rush

I think there needs to be a differentiation between "controversial" Rush opinions, and "stupid" Rush opinions...

Everyone is intiled to there own opinions, I have my own just like everyone else, n I respect everyone's whether is something I agree or disagree with.

Did I say anything about you?

Everyone is intiled to there own opinions, I have my own just like everyone else, n I respect everyone's whether is something I agree or disagree with.

No but I could tell u were referring to me mate.

How so? I've gone back and double checked my post.

How so? I've gone back and double checked my post.

u dissed me for my opinion:

What makes you say that?

Experience from all her live shows? Oh wait...