Controversial Rush Opinions

Entre_Perpetuo

XanaConductor was a great idea.

Legit one of the worst ideas in rock history.

i remember i was listening to a bootleg of that period.

i was enjoying Xanadu. Superconductor butts in.

i'm not joking....i shouted FCK YOU at my computer, lol

Worst thing to do to a prog classic ever, lol

Mick

It's highly insulting. Like a slap in the face and a gut punch rolled into one.

I totally understand.

Not sure if you guys were around to see those gigs at the time but nobody in the audience (that I was a part of)opposed it at the time. And actually, the crowd seemed to enjoy Superconductor. Lifeson hammed it up a little bit too.

Well. being there does impair judgement, lol

Mick

XanaConductor was a great idea.

Legit one of the worst ideas in rock history.

i remember i was listening to a bootleg of that period.

i was enjoying Xanadu. Superconductor butts in.

i'm not joking....i shouted FCK YOU at my computer, lol

Worst thing to do to a prog classic ever, lol

Mick

It's highly insulting. Like a slap in the face and a gut punch rolled into one.

I totally understand.

Not sure if you guys were around to see those gigs at the time but nobody in the audience (that I was a part of)opposed it at the time. And actually, the crowd seemed to enjoy Superconductor. Lifeson hammed it up a little bit too.

Well. being there does impair judgement, lol

Mick

Listening to a bootleg, official release, or watching a DVD will never top physically being there. You know that already.

• Like 1

2112 is... meh. Except Temples of Syrinx.

And I mean the track. The album is meh, too. Except for "Something for Nothing," and ToS.

What about the musical you wrote based on 2112?

What about your sn?

I can never trust a TRFer with “2112” in their sn. You’re all nuts!!! :P

I would like to clarify that Freewill in 2112, despite what the title may imply, is NOT based on 2112. It does take place at the same time, and features the Solar Federation, but if it were actually based on the track it would contain a guy committing suicide and would be focused on the Syrinx.

2112 is... meh. Except Temples of Syrinx.

And I mean the track. The album is meh, too. Except for "Something for Nothing," and ToS.

What about the musical you wrote based on 2112?

What about your sn?

I can never trust a TRFer with “2112” in their sn. You’re all nuts!!! :P

I would like to clarify that Freewill in 2112, despite what the title may imply, is NOT based on 2112. It does take place at the same time, and features the Solar Federation, but if it were actually based on the track it would contain a guy committing suicide and would be focused on the Syrinx.

Ok. So “2112 is...meh” just covers your sn, the 2112 timeline, and the Solar Federation. Got it. Meh.

:LOL:

Neil Peart was obsessed with Ayn Rand. Now Neil is a multimillionaire bleeding heart liberal.

Amen Jesus.

Hypocrites Rule!

Aynus Rand was obsessed with herself.

Neil seems more conservative than liberal in what I’ve read of him in interviews and his crappy books (seems rather elitist), but he’s certainly rich. A fat rich American who hates fat Americans! Go figure...

Signed;

A fat Canuck

Ps: I’m pretty sure NP became a US citizen. Neil Young on the other hand is still a Canucklehead, despite living in Californication for years and years.

Hahahahahahaha!! VT!!! You kill me! "Aynus Rand." EPIC!

Excellent knowledge on NY. "Canucklehead"

I LOVE IT!

Signed,

Cinnamon Earl

• Like 1

I really enjoy a few Rush songs everyone else around here love to hate....Superconductor and Half The World. I'd also gladly listen to Dog Years anyday over most of the songs from either Snakes or Clockwork

I don’t particularly like Dog Years but I easily like it more than Bravest Face, Spindrift, Wish Them Well, and The Wreckers. There are more that I think Dog Years beats on those two albums too.

• Like 2

Carve Away The Stone is one of Rush most uplifting songs!!!

Counterparts is Rush worst album!!!

Test For Echo is a really good album!!!

Vapor Trails remix is awful!!!

Far Cry is a decent song, but it's horribly overrated, because the rest of S&A is so unlistenable, it looks good by comparison.
  • Like 2

Neil Peart was obsessed with Ayn Rand. Now Neil is a multimillionaire bleeding heart liberal.

Amen Jesus.

Hypocrites Rule!

Aynus Rand was obsessed with herself.

Neil seems more conservative than liberal in what I’ve read of him in interviews and his crappy books (seems rather elitist), but he’s certainly rich. A fat rich American who hates fat Americans! Go figure...

Signed;

A fat Canuck

Ps: I’m pretty sure NP became a US citizen. Neil Young on the other hand is still a Canucklehead, despite living in Californication for years and years.

Hahahahahahaha!! VT!!! You kill me! "Aynus Rand." EPIC!

Excellent knowledge on NY. "Canucklehead"

I LOVE IT!

Signed,

Cinnamon Earl

:LOL: “Cinnamon Earl”!

As much as Peart bashes religion, he's as dogmatic as they come.

Hasn't he been spotted at a Bhudist temple?Anyway Bhudism is strictly not a religion but a way of being.I got a bit tired of his anti religion rants but i did agree with him to a degree.It's just that i didn't want to be ear bashed about anti Bible bashing.
  • Like 1

Rush will do a Zappa and release an official bootleg every few months entiled "They Won't Be On Stage Anymore"

I enjoy Presto, Roll The Bones, Grace, Hold Your Fire more than any other Rush albums.

Snakes And Arrows is underrated amd proof that an album doesn't need to be perfect to be entertaining.

• Like 4

I enjoy Presto, Roll The Bones, Grace, Hold Your Fire more than any other Rush albums.

Snakes And Arrows is underrated amd proof that an album doesn't need to be perfect to be entertaining.

There you are! Welcome to the hippest spot on the forum!

• Like 1