Why haven't Alex or Geddy ever posted here, identified as themselves?

GeminiRising79

There's a good chance they don't even know this place exists.

I'm sure they know it exist.

Why would you be so sure?

TRF fans are too prominent at concerts and other fan events for them not to know about the site. If nothing else, management has brought it up.
  • Like 1

Fine. You know, I was really hoping to avoid this for all the obvious reasons, but I am Alex Lifeson Iron Man Batman Spartacus William Wallace.

I am definitely not Geddy Lee.

Edited by JARG
  • Like 2

If I were in Rush, I would absolutely secretly check out this forum. I'd be far too curious not to. I'd feel bad when everyone hated something I did, I'd feel great when they loved something I did.

But it would be bad for me if I overthought those opinions, and I overthink everything.

So I wouldn't stay, I'd just pop in occasionally. I might appear from time to time for promotional reasons as myself, but otherwise I'd lurk as someone else every once in a while.

All of the posts about how I'm lazy because I won't record another album soon enough, all the posts about how you know someone who met me and said I was awful, all the posts about how I sold out or how I don't bother to try writing a good song anymore- those ignorant posts would annoy me.

All the posts about how everything I ever created is better than anything anyone else every could create, and how I'm the smartest person alive and the greatest musician in history would be almost worse. It would be incredibly uncomfortable both because it sounds delusional and because it's simply false.

Many people, though, would seem great to me. People I'd love to meet. But if I'm a celebrity, I don't have that time. Could we be great friends? Maybe. But I'd meet thousands of people a year, hundreds of whom want to be best friends, and none of whom actually know me at all. So instead of reaching out, I'd just be happy that the majority of my fan base likes my art and seem like cool people. I'd be kind, I'd try to remember that it's my art they love, not me, and I'd allow the picture more often than not when out in public. But I wouldn't mingle in the forum, it's not me that is wanted, it's the idea of me. Remembering that is essential.

Edited by Mosher
  • Like 1

Too beneath them to mingle with the maggotry? Afraid it will cheapen their "rockstar aura" and everything that has a $ attached to it?

No reason for them not to, if not the for above reasons. Your thoughts?

Cuz they've seen your posts?

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

Can you imagine the amount of PMs they would receive? :o

And then would come the posts of "I hate Alex because he didn't answer me/didn't like my post/said my home recording of Xanadu was "okay"/wouldn't commit to jamming with me/etc etc.

It would probably be a shitshow, sadly. TV and the internet have taught me that many people tend to lose their minds when dealing with celebrities/idols/etc. The obsequiousness would be epic.

"Mingle with the maggotry" :LOL:

jeanluc-58b8c54d3df78c353c1fedb7.jpg

• Like 1

Fine. You know, I was really hoping to avoid this for all the obvious reasons, but I am Alex Lifeson Iron Man Batman Spartacus William Wallace.

You're certainly not William Wallace.....I've had many a beer with him and he looks nothing like you

• Like 4

You're certainly not William Wallace.....I've had many a beer with him and he looks nothing like you

Does JARG own a kilt?

Does JARG own a kilt?

Sort of. For reasons I don't understand whenever I'm wearing one of my kilts, my wife says "quit wearing my skirts, you cross-dressing freak!"

• Like 1

Does JARG own a kilt?

Sort of. For reasons I don't understand whenever I'm wearing one of my kilts, my wife says "quit wearing my skirts, you cross-dressing freak!"

Now you've crossed the line....skirts!!!........you're re-education will involve a rusty claymore inserted sideways where the sun doesn't shine.

• Like 2

Does JARG own a kilt?

Now you've crossed the line....skirts!!!........you're re-education will involve a rusty claymore inserted sideways where the sun doesn't shine.

Design-wise, is a belt buckle the only difference between a skirt and kilt? I don’t really know and it’s the only actual difference I can tell. I would say there’s a difference in material but surely some women’s skirts are of the same material as kilts.

I’m too lazy to look it up and would rather ask you anyway. :yes:

• Like 1

Does JARG own a kilt?

Design-wise, is a belt buckle the only difference between a skirt and kilt? I don’t really know and it’s the only actual difference I can tell. I would say there’s a difference in material but surely some women’s skirts are of the same material as kilts.

Kilts are different from skirts in that they are not a one piece material that slides over the hips..they are made from heavy plaid and arranged in folds to be weighty yet allow a wide legged stance (this was essential when wielding the two handed claymore in battle).....the garment is wrapped around the waist, secured with a large kilt pin about four inches from the bottom...the belt would usually double as holder for a scabbard though the claymore was worn on the back....it's actually an evolution from the original plaid which was a one piece garment worn over the body and legs..this served as a blanket as well for when scots were more nomadic and followed herds of cattle......the specific tartans came a bit later and these differentiated the wearers clan.

• Like 4

Does JARG own a kilt?

Kilts are different from skirts in that they are not a one piece material that slides over the hips..they are made from heavy plaid and arranged in folds to be weighty yet allow a wide legged stance (this was essential when wielding the two handed claymore in battle).....the garment is wrapped around the waist, secured with a large kilt pin about four inches from the bottom...the belt would usually double as holder for a scabbard though the claymore was worn on the back....it's actually an evolution from the original plaid which was a one piece garment worn over the body and legs..this served as a blanket as well for when scots were more nomadic and followed herds of cattle......the specific tartans came a bit later and these differentiated the wearers clan.

Informative! I didn’t know like 99% of that.

How many kilts do you have and how often do you wear them?

• Like 1