Borat

bathory

Man - it SUCKED. I lasted 10 minutes.

10 minutes is about right for Borat, since it's really sketch humor. Python pull off extending sketch-comedy into feature-length with their masterpieces Grail and Brian, but that really is exceptional. What others come to mind? Airplane...anything else?

The Marx Bros. films.

Three Amigos

The Jerk

Spinal Tap

It can be done!

• Like 1

10 minutes is about right for Borat, since it's really sketch humor. Python pull off extending sketch-comedy into feature-length with their masterpieces Grail and Brian, but that really is exceptional. What others come to mind? Airplane...anything else?

The Marx Bros. films.

Three Amigos

The Jerk

Spinal Tap

It can be done!

I’d include Naked Gun (the first one). I put Spinal Tap as the best of the best. That’s followed by the Monty Python gang. Then, there are a bunch of other excellent ones, some of which you just stated

• Like 1

I was disappointed. I thought the first one was hysterical at times. I also enjoyed his Who Is America? series from a couple summers ago. This one had some moments, but overall I thought it was a big drop off from the first one. Part of the reason was actually illustrated at the beginning

when he was in Galveston Texas and people were coming up to him and saying "I'm a Borat, High Five!"

The "Giuliani" footage with the girl everyone is talking about is pretty obviously not him. So all you're left with are some pretty pedestrian comments from Trump's lawyer and advisor.

If you have Amazon Prime its not a bad way to kill 95 minutes. I'm glad I didn't directly pay $20 to see it.

I watched a little bit of it and didn't find very funny. More of the same. I stopped at...

the fertility dance. That was beyond crass, imo.

I had to get up and walk out for that, to be honest. It was beyond cringey.

What is "cringey" is that there are people in this great (your word) country that act as and maybe employed as, debutante coaches. WTF?

Sorry, that's less cringey than the scene. By miles.

I was disappointed. I thought the first one was hysterical at times. I also enjoyed his Who Is America? series from a couple summers ago. This one had some moments, but overall I thought it was a big drop off from the first one. Part of the reason was actually illustrated at the beginning

when he was in Galveston Texas and people were coming up to him and saying "I'm a Borat, High Five!"

The "Giuliani" footage with the girl everyone is talking about is pretty obviously not him. So all you're left with are some pretty pedestrian comments from Trump's lawyer and advisor.

If you have Amazon Prime its not a bad way to kill 95 minutes. I'm glad I didn't directly pay $20 to see it.

I watched a little bit of it and didn't find very funny. More of the same. I stopped at...

the fertility dance. That was beyond crass, imo.

I had to get up and walk out for that, to be honest. It was beyond cringey.

What is "cringey" is that there are people in this great (your word) country that act as and maybe employed as, debutante coaches. WTF?

Sorry, that's less cringey than the scene. By miles.

I didn't think it was all that funny, but imagining what the audience was thinking was worth it.

One of the Hot Shots?

• Like 2

One of the Hot Shots?

That first one is pretty funny.
  • Like 2