Van Halen Concerts!

Self-Indulgence

I never saw VH, but I saw both Sammy and Dave live. Sammy's Can't Drive 55 show was way better than Dave's Eat Em and Smile...in Spokane anyway.

NO WAY ALLEN!

I saw both too! Dave's "Eat Em An Smile" Tour blew Sammy away!!!! Even the "Skyscraper" Tour blew anything away by Sammy and Van Hagar!!!

Are you kidding me?

Dave

Steve

Billy

Greg

SUPERSTAR BAND!

Dave could only fill 2/3 of the Spokane Colosseum, and it felt like he was just going through the motions. Sammy packed the joint, scaled the riggings, and owned the crowd from the get go. He opened with Bad Motorscooter, as I recall...

I saw Sammy open for someone in Spokane years and years ago. If I had a guess it'd be Foghat in like '75. He did Bad Motor Scooter that night too. Crowd was really into it cuz we of course all had the first Montrose album (on 8-track! LOL).

• Like 2

My third, and final Van Halen show was on Hollywood Blvd for the Jimmy Kimmel Show.

We followed the protocol of the free ticket but ended up so far back that we ditched out an tried to stand on the sidewalk 100ft or so from the stage.

I found a decent spot, but was blocked from seeing Wolfie. I could see Eddie and Alex fine for the whole 9 song set

When Dave smashed his nose, the band kept playing during the opening tune - Panama. Eddie gave us some improvised soloing for a minute. He was unaware of Dave's nose problem until the restart.

maxresdefault.jpg

They had about four of these screens. Good thing.

591513_033015-kabc-van-halen-2-img.jpg?w=1600

1. Panama (take 1, DLR cuts nose during baton twirl)

2. Panama

3. Runnin' With The Devil

4. Hot For Teacher

5. Guitar Solo/Eruption

6. You Really Got Me

7. Dance The Night Away

8. Unchained

9. Ain't talkin' 'bout Love

They were loud and tight.

DLR was not at all effected by his injury. He joked about it. It's all on youtube.