RIP Eddie Van Halen, 65

laughedatbytime

Wolfie`s new record is certainly not like VH and all power to him for that, I guess. It`s got a very Jimmy Eat World sound, the few songs I `ve listened to at least. The video for Don`t Back Down is funny, but Think It Over doesn`t grab me... however, You`re To Blame demonstrates that he`s a talented musician and is more my thing -

• Like 2

I was absent from this board when I heard the news that my idol had passed away....Not gonna lie, this was a really rough one. On par with Neil Peart and MJ....

Van Halen changed my life, full stop. I've loved them ever since I was 3 years old, it was my first exposure to electric guitar and it blew my mind...And it started a lifelong love affair for all things hard rock and heavy metal, so when Eddie Van Halen passed away, it feels like a part of me went with him.

What sucks is that there was so much other shit going on in my life that October, with my auntie being hospitalized with severe covid (she survived, thank God) to my nanna (who tragically ended up passing away in February at the ripe of old age of 94) being diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer and having to go on hospice....It feels like I couldn't properly "mourn" EVH, even though I never knew him :( His music still played such a huge role in my life that I can't help but feel sadness when I listen to VH now,,,,

• Like 3

https://www.iheart.com/content/2021-10-12-eddie-van-halens-hometown-unveils-touching-memorial-plaque-in-his-honor/?mid=722872&rid=21439296&sc=email&pname=newsletter&cid=NATIONAL&keyid=National%20iHeart%20Daily%20Classic%20Rock&campid=headline1

Pasadena, CA unveils a memorial plaque for Eddie, has plans for other memorials including naming a street after him and having a mural painted at a local high school.

Touching... but frankly I feel a statue is in order. Chuck Berry has one, Phil Lynott has one, and of course Freddie Mercury has one as well. In my mind it's the ultimate physical tribute to someone.

• Like 1

Wolfie`s new record is certainly not like VH and all power to him for that, I guess. It`s got a very Jimmy Eat World sound, the few songs I `ve listened to at least. The video for Don`t Back Down is funny, but Think It Over doesn`t grab me... however, You`re To Blame demonstrates that he`s a talented musician and is more my thing -

I’ve download the Mammoth WVH a few weeks ago

and quite like it ... current fav track is Ephipany.

As a side note I also recently , in tribute to Eddie ,

purchased from the ‘ guitar, guitar ‘ store in Brum

an EVH Wolfgang Std in ‘ baked Zirico ‘ finish

it plays really well and I’m really chuffed with it :-)

Currently have it set up in Eb tuning so I can just grab it

and instantly jam along to most of the ‘78-‘84 era ! :-)

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSrMrGfxPtc

I’ve download the Mammoth WVH a few weeks ago

and quite like it ... current fav track is Ephipany.

As a side note I also recently , in tribute to Eddie ,

purchased from the ‘ guitar, guitar ‘ store in Brum

an EVH Wolfgang Std in ‘ baked Zirico ‘ finish

it plays really well and I’m really chuffed with it :-)

Currently have it set up in Eb tuning so I can just grab it

and instantly jam along to most of the ‘78-‘84 era ! :-)

Wolfgang`s play very well. Almost like the designer had a clue :notworthy: I have a Black Cherry EVH and it`s a beautiful thing.
  • Like 2