RIP Eddie Van Halen, 65

laughedatbytime

Gonna have to spin the debut album tonight in his memory.

We knew he was battling cancer yet still I am also devastated. More tears are falling today.

I will spin the first six Van Halen albums tonight!!!

First Neil and now Eddie.

My two favorite musicians are gone.

This year sucks!!! 73!!! How are you feeling today? I know we've been typing about Eddie a lot on here since I joined 14 years ago.

"The Brown Sound" Legend is gone. But his guitar riffs and solos will live on forever. RIP EVH!

You may have been the first person I thought of in terms of this board.

I will be joining you in your listening binge.

I don't always listen to Van Halen, but when I do so do the neighbors!

Hello my friend!!! Thank you for making me laugh a bit with you kind text. I love your line.... "I don't always listen to Van Halen, but when I do so do the neighbors" It's T SHIRT WORTHY! LOL!!!

• Like 1

My wife just called me and said she was doing a mental health check.

I'm so glad I got to see him when he was at his peak. Of course, everyone who ever saw him live saw him at his peak.

Thank God I saw the 1984 Van Halen Tour at the Cow Palace. I saw RUSH for the first time that same year same venue.

My two favorite bands in the world!!! Now Neil and Eddie jamming together. I am soooooooo sad!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I mean we knew he wasnt doing well but... goddamn that was quick.

Another Name to add to the legends weve lost this year. We miss you already, Eddie.

He's been battling cancer for years. It never really goes away. Just isolates itself and returns with a vengeance in another part of the body.

Edited by Lorraine

Another punch in the face sponsored by the year 2020!!! I'm running out of cheeks here!

EVH - :sundog: "LIGHT UP THE SKY". :rose: RIP :sundog:

Edited by librarian

Sorry everyone, but this is, to me, worse than Neil's death.

No need to say sorry sweetheart.

I have chills and tears again. My two favorite musicians are gone.

It's rough, but with each passing death I feel the need to get stronger within myself.

I'm still crying it out but nothing like the loss of Neil.

I think over time the more we age and get wiser we realize that death is sad and can affect us. But we must remain intact and in control of ourselves. Mourn. Cry. Listen to the entire catalogs of our fallen music heroes and move on.

• Like 1

I mean we knew he wasnt doing well but... goddamn that was quick.

Another Name to add to the legends weve lost this year. We miss you already, Eddie.

He's been battling cancer for years. It never really goes away. Just isolates itself and returns with a vengeance in another part of the body.

Time just goes by so fast it seems

• Like 1

Speaking of bands I grew up listening to:

Can’t believe Eddie Van Halen died.

I saw them on the VH2, Women and Children First, Fair Warning, and Diver Down tours. Also when they came back with Dave. I started playing guitar about a year after Van Halen I came out. It sounded like Eddie was from another planet and the energy from Van Halen was undeniable. Amazing songs too. Romeo Delight, On Fire, Unchained, Mean Street, DOA, Light up The Sky, Ain’t Talkin' bout Love, Eruption, Atomic Punk, Everybody wants some, on and on I can go...

Tim Dijulio and I would skip school and wait in line all day for Van Halen back in the day. Eddie was like Mozart for guitar. Changed everything and he played with Soul.

RIP EVH. - Mike McCready

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 5

I will be wearing my shirt that I bought on the 1984 tour tomorrow in Eddie's honor. It's still fits, kinda

50428958081_9071621e07_o.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 5