Battle of the HOLY albums - Dio vs Led Zeppelin - HOLY Diver vs Houses of the HOLY

treeduck

DIO vs Led ZEPPELIN  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Dio's Holy Diver vs Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy

• Holy Diver
    • Houses of the Holy

Houses Of The Holy without question. Zep at their most prog. I enjoy Dio, but I enjoy his work with Sabbath and Rainbow more than what I've heard of his solo stuff.
  • Like 3

I really like Dio's vocals on Holy Diver but I had to go with Houses of the Holy. Over the Hills and Far Away is one of my favoritist Zepp songs ever.

When Robert Plant launches into "Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings, I live for my dream, and a pocket full of gold," it's almost as good as the Immigrant Song.

The rest of the album is alright, too. ;) ;)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Well I don't agree with the poll at all. HOTH is one of the weaker Zeppelin albums with just a couple of good tracks and the rest of it is hard for me to get through, while Holy Diver is a heavy metal monument.
  • Like 1

Well I don't agree with the poll at all. HOTH is one of the weaker Zeppelin albums with just a couple of good tracks and the rest of it is hard for me to get through, while Holy Diver is a heavy metal monument.

Cinglee.jpg

Hard to vote against Led Zep... they never made a bad album. But this is one of my less favorite Zep albums, though Rain Song is remarkable.

But... you also put it up against Holy Diver, some top-grade Dio. Some of these songs were slated to be for the next Sabbath album until the split. Dio wins.

It wins 5 :fury: :fury: :fury: :fury: :fury:

• Like 1