If Alex asked you to criticize any part of his work..

GeminiRising79

Lets say you attended a Rock Awards event that, in part, honoured Alex under the category of most underrated rhythm guitarist. After the pretentious and drawn-out ceremony, you get a drink at the VIP bar with the other guests in an intimate setting. Curiously, you notice Maple leaf and Fleur-de-lis brooches on many of the guests, and fail to make the connection between plants and a rock awards ceremony.

After a few moments, you look to your left and are quite surprised to see Alex Lifeson standing there, ordering a 1 litre box of wine. You waste no time and spontaneously blurt out "Hello Mr. Lifeson!" He turns, looks at you, smiles and says "Um, hello, eh".

"I admire your choice of beverage..... but why boxed wine?", you say.

"Well, I dont harbour any ill-will towards bottled wine, but just doing my part to minimize its carbon footprint. Plus its lighter, more economic to me, and preserves the flavours, as its hermetically-sealed in an anoxic environment".

"Well, that's very respectable and earth-responsible of you".

"Thanks. Just doing my part to save Terra Mater"

"Well, I just really wanted to say that i love your work in much of the vast Rush encyclopedia. I know you take a lot of heat for some of the chords or riffs you seemingly have "slept on", as the experts say, on the interwebs. BUT, we both know most of them are just trolls like, for instance, that Gemini-ass on TRF".

"I honestly think some of those guys are the Van Halens. They've been assholes to us because we don't sing about chicks. They think we're effiminate".

He then takes a vigourous sip through the straw, looks inquisitively at you and says "If you could critique the architecture, cords, or riffs of any song or album of mine, which of them would you choose, and why?"

• Like 4

Lets say you attended a Rock Awards event that, in part, honoured Alex under the category of most underrated rhythm guitarist. After the pretentious and drawn-out ceremony, you get a drink at the VIP bar with the other guests in an intimate setting. Curiously, you notice Maple leaf and Fleur-de-lis brooches on many of the guests, and fail to make the connection between plants and a rock awards ceremony.

After a few moments, you look to your left and are quite surprised to see Alex Lifeson standing there, ordering a 1 litre box of wine. You waste no time and spontaneously blurt out "Hello Mr. Lifeson!" He turns, looks at you, smiles and says "Um, hello, eh".

"Well, I dont harbour any ill-will towards bottled wine, but just doing my part to minimize its carbon footprint. Plus its lighter, more economic to me, and preserves the flavours, as its hermetically-sealed in an anoxic environment".

"Well, I just really wanted to say that i love your work in much of the vast Rush encyclopedia. I know you take a lot of heat for some of the chords or riffs you seemingly have "slept on", as the experts say, on the interwebs. BUT, we both know most of them are just trolls like, for instance, that Gemini-ass on TRF".

"I honestly think some of those guys are the Van Halens. They've been assholes to us because we don't sing about chicks. They think we're effiminate".

He then takes a vigourous sip through the straw, looks inquisitively at you and says "If you could critique the architecture, cords, or riffs of any song or album of mine, which of them would you choose, and why?"

Hahaha! RISING! You are anything but a Troll. Fuckk the idiots on here who rip you apart for being you.

I've been bullied on here since 2006, but I've been very cool lately.

Just be yourself and the fuckking real trolls will vanish.

Most of this tits haven't even seen RUSH.

They are just bored at home drinking Pepsi 2 liters, eating Cheetos and jacking off to Call Of Duty 666. LOL!!

This is pre-Covid by the way.

Poor lost souls.

I have always loved your wit and your threads. This one is amazing.

I can dish it out and take it too Gemini. Never back down to the true assholes. We all have one.

So I actually met Alex a few times in 2018 at the Wine Train Tour GUP IV.

He was so nice and funny. So sweet and humble.

The last thing in my mind was to critique his guitar work.

I really can't thing of anything but one thing does come to mind.

There are two RUSH songs and I believe one is on "Roll The Bones" and the other one is on "Clockwork Angels."

Both riffs are right from THE BYRDS.

So I would ask Alex right to his face, "Hey Alex, are you a big Byrds fan? I hear a few riffs in two songs in the RUSH Canon that sound just like "Turn Turn Turn."

I think I'm right.

I can probably prove it. But not tonight.

Time to watch a horror flick and hit they hay!

I would rather talk about golf with Alex than his guitar playing.

I've learned in life.

When you meet a famous musician, athlete or movie star the las thing you want to talk about is there current employment.

I've met them all.

You must play smart. Think outside the box.

Think like a fox and the chicken coup is yours for the taking.

Some prefer staying home and baking.

I prefer to mow the lawn and start raking.

Stop forsaking.

Get out there and ROCK AND ROLL THE BONES!!!!

RUSH FUCKKING RULES!!

IDIOTS RULE!!!

I will never name names on here, but there are so many FAKE RUSH FANS ON HERE! LOL!!!

It's ok.

Posers are on here Rising. They are everywhere in life.

Live for you.

"ANTHEM"

• Like 3

I’d tell him, “Stop f***ing with me and pour me another glass, Lifeson!”

:blaze:

Yeah, I'd be saying lets stop this boring guitar talk and get drunk!

Exactly. He’d probably rather talk about his grandkids anyway. And, to be honest, that’d seem more real to me than me giving him sub-amateur musical composition advice to a rock guitar legend.

• Like 1

If I met Alex Lifeson I would be your typical gob-smacked, speechless fan-boy!

Really? You wouldn’t be able to even muster a half-way decent “Hello. Nice to meet you?” :LOL:

emoji-starstruck-face-stars-instead-260nw-1181030008.jpg
  • Like 1

You can retire now since your post received the Earl Seal of Approval

"Hi! My name is Earl and I approve of this thread!" :)

• Like 2

Hahaha! RISING! You are anything but a Troll. Fuckk the idiots on here who rip you apart for being you.

I've been bullied on here since 2006, but I've been very cool lately.

Just be yourself and the fuckking real trolls will vanish.

Most of this tits haven't even seen RUSH.

They are just bored at home drinking Pepsi 2 liters, eating Cheetos and jacking off to Call Of Duty 666. LOL!!

This is pre-Covid by the way.

Poor lost souls.

I have always loved your wit and your threads. This one is amazing.

I can dish it out and take it too Gemini. Never back down to the true assholes. We all have one.

So I actually met Alex a few times in 2018 at the Wine Train Tour GUP IV.

He was so nice and funny. So sweet and humble.

The last thing in my mind was to critique his guitar work.

I really can't thing of anything but one thing does come to mind.

There are two RUSH songs and I believe one is on "Roll The Bones" and the other one is on "Clockwork Angels."

Both riffs are right from THE BYRDS.

So I would ask Alex right to his face, "Hey Alex, are you a big Byrds fan? I hear a few riffs in two songs in the RUSH Canon that sound just like "Turn Turn Turn."

I think I'm right.

I can probably prove it. But not tonight.

Time to watch a horror flick and hit they hay!

I would rather talk about golf with Alex than his guitar playing.

I've learned in life.

When you meet a famous musician, athlete or movie star the las thing you want to talk about is there current employment.

I've met them all.

You must play smart. Think outside the box.

Think like a fox and the chicken coup is yours for the taking.

Some prefer staying home and baking.

I prefer to mow the lawn and start raking.

Stop forsaking.

Get out there and ROCK AND ROLL THE BONES!!!!

RUSH FUCKKING RULES!!

IDIOTS RULE!!!

I will never name names on here, but there are so many FAKE RUSH FANS ON HERE! LOL!!!

It's ok.

Posers are on here Rising. They are everywhere in life.

Live for you.

"ANTHEM"

:goodone:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Like 1

Really? You wouldn’t be able to even muster a half-way decent “Hello. Nice to meet you?” :LOL:

http://image.shutterstock.com/image-vector/emoji-starstruck-face-stars-instead-260nw-1181030008.jpg

Paul?

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/24900000/Paul-starchild-78-paul-stanley-24925882-699-1024.jpg

• Like 1

http://image.shutterstock.com/image-vector/emoji-starstruck-face-stars-instead-260nw-1181030008.jpg

Paul?

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/24900000/Paul-starchild-78-paul-stanley-24925882-699-1024.jpg

You called?

You can retire now since your post received the Earl Seal of Approval

"Hi! My name is Earl and I approve of this thread!" :)

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! Classic Lorraine!!!! Hope you are well!!! Everything is groovy here minus the current Glass Fire in Napa County!! UGH!!!