Working Man vs. Fight The Good Fight

Entre_Perpetuo

choose one  

26 members have voted

1. 1. song

• Working Man - Rush
    • Fight The Good Fight - Triumph

I like Working Man well enough as a song, and it was always great to see live, but it doesn't mean anything special to me. Fight The Good Fight, on the other hand, has personal significance to me. As such, it is my choice in this poll.
  • Like 2

As much as I like "Fight the Good Fight," I'm surprised this poll is tied (9-9 at the mo). "Working Man" looms so large in the Rush canon -- maybe because of the blistering live versions, but also because of WMMS and the origin story.

"Working Man"

Fight The Good Fight easily.

It's not a derivative song.

Sarcasm, right? :unsure:

Nope.

I just don't get it. They sound so ordinary and derivative. Oh well, to each his own.

Rush in 1974 really sounded primitive and derivative as hell. Do you realize Rush would be Greta Van Fleet of the 70's if visionary Mr. Peart hasn't joined the band?

I have no idea. I am not privy to what would have happened if Neil Peart did not join Rush. I only know what actually happened.

This.

So much this.

And Fight The Good Fight actually sounds derivative of the first Rush album to me.

Which is why I pitted it against Working Man!

Also if I had pitted it against something more contemporary from Rush, like Limelight or TS, we all know Rush would've won outright. This is a far more balanced matchup as displayed by the poll.

I like it better than Limelight. Tom Sawyer would be much closer.

I like Working Man well enough as a song, and it was always great to see live, but it doesn't mean anything special to me. Fight The Good Fight, on the other hand, has personal significance to me. As such, it is my choice in this poll.

Like Rush, Triumph has some very inspiring lyrics. At least Rik's stuff anyway.

As much as I like "Fight the Good Fight," I'm surprised this poll is tied (9-9 at the mo). "Working Man" looms so large in the Rush canon -- maybe because of the blistering live versions, but also because of WMMS and the origin story.

"Working Man"

I don't consider Working Man to be all that great (better recently live) but I get the historical significance of which you alluded.

Triumph is a decent band. Allied Forces is their Moving Pictures, or Eliminator, or 90125, or HI InFIdelity, where they just put it all together. It's a great album. Fight the Good Fight is their Tom Sawyer.

My money is on Magic Power.

Triumph is a decent band. Allied Forces is their Moving Pictures, or Eliminator, or 90125, or HI InFIdelity, where they just put it all together. It's a great album. Fight the Good Fight is their Tom Sawyer.

I'd say Lay It On The Line is their Tom Sawyer, but Fight The Good Fight is their Limelight for sure!