Fish's new album out today

Laurabw

Got mine today. The book is lovely, with wonderful art and lyrics and all sorts of other stuff to read.

Still waiting on mine which is fine because I have not been able to pry the Flying Colors third live album from the CD/DVD player.

Fish mentions your name at least once a week for months now. This week's rat story was hilarious! So was the McCartney story..

What can I say, he luvs me, lol. Though I don't have a "corner" like Simon Farqhuar!

Those first two stories, I was dying. The weapons. The scratching noises.

And then Macca speaking Spanish. Too much.

I'm listening to the album now. It astounds me that he can sit there and tell us these profanity-laden stories of killing rats with spears yet write these brilliant poetic lyrics and create these songs.

Edited by Laurabw

Got mine today. The book is lovely, with wonderful art and lyrics and all sorts of other stuff to read.

Still waiting on mine which is fine because I have not been able to pry the Flying Colors third live album from the CD/DVD player.

Fish mentions your name at least once a week for months now. This week's rat story was hilarious! So was the McCartney story..

What can I say, he luvs me, lol. Though I don't have a "corner" like Simon Farqhuar!

Those first two stories, I was dying. The weapons. The scratching noises.

And then Macca speaking Spanish. Too much.

I'm listening to the album now. It astounds me that he can sit there and tell us these profanity-laden stories of killing rats with spears yet write these brilliant poetic lyrics and create these songs.

Mine finally came yesterday. Was hoping to find time to dig into it a little later today It looks great. Final illustration is a nice touch too.

• Like 1

Got mine! The beautiful box is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! Love the artwork too!!!

Still reading it. I'll start listening when I'm done. Mark Wilkinson did his usual fine job.

• Like 1

Disco Bogs dancing and an Indian headress. Who knew? I think the pandemic has finally gotten to him. "Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the world of Rock and Roll!"

I guess you're referring to a bit from Fish on Fridays? It's during work for me, so I can only join sporadically. It's really cool of him to do that and be so open - you really get a feel for the guy.

btw, I absolutely love this album. Faced some stiff competition, but probably my favorite album of the last year. It doesn't hurt that my drum teacher plays on it! :-)

• Like 2

Disco Bogs dancing and an Indian headress. Who knew? I think the pandemic has finally gotten to him. "Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the world of Rock and Roll!"

I guess you're referring to a bit from Fish on Fridays? It's during work for me, so I can only join sporadically. It's really cool of him to do that and be so open - you really get a feel for the guy.

btw, I absolutely love this album. Faced some stiff competition, but probably my favorite album of the last year. It doesn't hurt that my drum teacher plays on it! :-)

yes, fof. You can see on his fb page and he’s starting to post them on his fishscot page too, and maybe YT? But yeah, it’s amazing, the stuff he shares with us, and I have a good laugh at least once during every show.

wait, your DRUM TEACHER???

• Like 2

yes, fof. You can see on his fb page and he’s starting to post them on his fishscot page too, and maybe YT? But yeah, it’s amazing, the stuff he shares with us, and I have a good laugh at least once during every show.

Yes indeed! Mr. Craig Blundell does all-sorts of online teaching work. Once all of his touring was axed by the pandemic (still waiting for the Hackett tour to come back!) he started giving weekly masterclasses online. Basically, they're 2 1/2 hour lessons full of great exercises and challenge tracks which he demos and sends us the audio tracks and charts for after the class. He always performs a track or two for us as well (including Steven Wilson, Hackett, Lonely Robot, Frost, The Backstage, etc among his great work.) It's been quite a challenge for me; my last previous lessons were 33 years ago! (lol!) but I have noticeably improved various aspects of my playing. I think we're up to masterclass #38 now? (I've lost count; since last April with a couple weeks off here and there.) We've developed an online community made up of his students around the world - with skill levels ranging from beginners to pros. Anyway, he talked to us a bit about his experience working with Fish and is ecstatic to have played on such an artistically rewarding project.

• Like 2

Yes indeed! Mr. Craig Blundell does all-sorts of online teaching work. Once all of his touring was axed by the pandemic (still waiting for the Hackett tour to come back!) he started giving weekly masterclasses online. Basically, they're 2 1/2 hour lessons full of great exercises and challenge tracks which he demos and sends us the audio tracks and charts for after the class. He always performs a track or two for us as well (including Steven Wilson, Hackett, Lonely Robot, Frost, The Backstage, etc among his great work.) It's been quite a challenge for me; my last previous lessons were 33 years ago! (lol!) but I have noticeably improved various aspects of my playing. I think we're up to masterclass #38 now? (I've lost count; since last April with a couple weeks off here and there.) We've developed an online community made up of his students around the world - with skill levels ranging from beginners to pros. Anyway, he talked to us a bit about his experience working with Fish and is ecstatic to have played on such an artistically rewarding project.

Wow, that is SO cool!!! Such long lessons! I was taking drum lessons for a while (there's just too many instruments, not enough hours in a day) and it was only 30 minutes, which is nothing. SO neat that he plays you stuff too!

The album is just so amazing.

• Like 1

I've only ever caught it live twice (Christmas and New Year's) The rest I catch either later on Friday or Saturday. He was pretty open yesterday.I have a newly found appreciation for Cliche and I really loved it before.

Pretty cool your drum teacher plays on it. I'll bet he has some stories too.

• Like 1

This is not news, but I’m listening to the vinyl and it really is just so amazing, it’s so intricate and his lyrics are just beyond incredible. 

• Like 1