Fish's new album out today

Laurabw

Fish's new album is out today, Weltschmerz. It's GORGEOUS - his lyrics are just so incredible, every song tells a story, he has no wasted words. And the music is great and he sounds great too. I'm just over the moon, I love it so much!

You can only get it on his site - https://fishmusic.scot/

Here's a link to Garden of Remembrance, one of my favorites from the album. Deals with dementia, it's haunting yet lovely.

But if you need something more upbeat yet ironic at the same time, there's "This Party's Over" - it's hard not to get into it from the get-go!

• Like 4

Fish's new album is out today, Weltschmerz. It's GORGEOUS - his lyrics are just so incredible, every song tells a story, he has no wasted words. And the music is great and he sounds great too. I'm just over the moon, I love it so much!

Here's a link to Garden of Remembrance, one of my favorites from the album. Deals with dementia, it's haunting yet lovely.

But if you need something more upbeat yet ironic at the same time, there's "This Party's Over" - it's hard not to get into it from the get-go!

So, this is Fish`s goodbye record, followed (possibly) by a farewell tour???
  • Like 1

So, this is Fish`s goodbye record, followed (possibly) by a farewell tour???

His goodbye record, yes...and he's got a farewell tour planned, but who's to say if it'll happen, he's taking lockdown and COVID very seriously, so it might not happen for a long time.

• Like 1

My deluxe edition is being shipped next week so I'll probably get to enjoy this in about a week and a half. So behind. Still haven't cracked open the Flying Colors live deluxe edition, and Neal Morse's Solo Gratia and Cover To Cover Anthology.

The Fish on Fridays have been fantastic.

• Like 2

My deluxe edition is being shipped next week so I'll probably get to enjoy this in about a week and a half. So behind. Still haven't cracked open the Flying Colors live deluxe edition, and Neal Morse's Solo Gratia and Cover To Cover Anthology.

yes me too, though I did listen on Apple Music once yesterday.

The FoF are SO much fun, he’s so good at it!

• Like 2

The Flying Colors album is very good indeed! I Haven't heard Morse's album yet - I look forward to it!
  • Like 1

Listened to Weltschmerz for the first time yesterday. My first impressions are - melancholy, moving and really quite beautiful. If this is to be Fish's last album then he is signing off in fine style. Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

Listened to Weltschmerz for the first time yesterday. My first impressions are - melancholy, moving and really quite beautiful. If this is to be Fish's last album then he is signing off in fine style.

Agreed.

It's gorgeous.

• Like 2

Listened to Weltschmerz for the first time yesterday. My first impressions are - melancholy, moving and really quite beautiful. If this is to be Fish's last album then he is signing off in fine style.

Agreed.

It's gorgeous.

I have been listening to this quite a lot - it keeps getting better. Each time I get a little something I hadn't picked up before.
  • Like 2

The Flying Colors album is very good indeed! I Haven't heard Morse's album yet - I look forward to it!

Just need to find the time to listen to them. The Scottish Rush tribute CD will be arrive fairly soon too.

• Like 1

The one before this (Feast Of Consequences is equally as good.) I think all of his solos albums are great except for two or three and one of those was his covers album which was hurried to get out there to raise money.

• Like 1

Agreed.

It's gorgeous.

I have been listening to this quite a lot - it keeps getting better. Each time I get a little something I hadn't picked up before.

Most of my favorite albums are exactly like that.

• Like 2

Agreed.

It's gorgeous.

Most of my favorite albums are exactly like that.

Yeah ... it's great when you play something and suddenly you go 'hey! I didn't pick that up before!' It's what good music is all about!

The one before this (Feast Of Consequences is equally as good.) I think all of his solos albums are great except for two or three and one of those was his covers album which was hurried to get out there to raise money.

Feast of Consequences is very good. I also particularly like Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors, Sunsets on Empire and 13th Star.
  • Like 1

Apparently this is his very last album.

I actually met him once a long time ago and he was rather rude so I kind of doubt I will buying any of this albums anytime soon. Rule number of being a musician: don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I actually met him once a long time ago and he was rather rude so I kind of doubt I will buying any of this albums anytime soon. Rule number of being a musician: don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Sorry to hear that. He's been doing these live facebook broadcasts since April every week for at least 2 hrs, sometimes more, interacting with us, etc. Maybe now he "gets it "

• Like 2

Feast of Consequences is very good. I also particularly like Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors, Sunsets on Empire and 13th Star.

Those are among my favorites of his as well. I'd also add Internal Exile, Raingods With Zippos and all of the live albums.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that. He's been doing these live facebook broadcasts since April every week for at least 2 hrs, sometimes more, interacting with us, etc. Maybe now he "gets it "

He's never been rude the two times I've met him. One of those times was in Philly and he was pissed that he had to sell his merch in a nearby bar before the show because the venue wanted a cut of whatever he sold.

• Like 2

Well, I might eventually get over it. I'm a big fan of Marillion although I prefer the later era with "H."

Got mine today. The book is lovely, with wonderful art and lyrics and all sorts of other stuff to read.
  • Like 1

Got mine today. The book is lovely, with wonderful art and lyrics and all sorts of other stuff to read.

Still waiting on mine which is fine because I have not been able to pry the Flying Colors third live album from the CD/DVD player.

Fish mentions your name at least once a week for months now. This week's rat story was hilarious! So was the McCartney story..

• Like 1