23 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite James Bond?

• Sean Connery
    • George Lazenby
    • Roger Moore
    • Timothy Dalton
    • Pierce Brosnan

Sean Connery was the best Bond, IMHO.

I thought Roger Moore was way too soft; George Lazenby was an undeserved Bond; Dalton should have shared the same fate as Lazenby; and Brosnan was quite good.

So here's my lineup in order of preference:

Sean Connery

Pierce Brosnan

Ahem, the other three all sucked. They couldn't carry Bond's Walther PPK, let alone his jockstrap. I thought all of them sucked equally. The only real Bonds were Connery and Brosnan. The other guys are sissies.

Edited by war2112

QUOTE (Stickman @ Oct 29 2005, 03:34 AM)
It has to be Roger Moore. biggrin.gif

No, say it isn't so.

Alas, you have said that your favorite Bond is Roger Moore.

At least you didn't vote for Dalton or that erstwhile Bond.. Lazenby.

Fair enough.

QUOTE (war2112 @ Oct 29 2005, 03:57 AM)
QUOTE (Stickman @ Oct 29 2005, 03:34 AM)
It has to be Roger Moore. biggrin.gif

No, say it isn't so.

Alas, you have said that your favorite Bond is Roger Moore.

At least you didn't vote for Dalton or that erstwhile Bond.. Lazenby.

Fair enough.

Only because of Moonraker i choose him as in that film he was as cool as ice.

Roger Moore.

I really dislike Connery. He comes over as a very big-headed smug ar*ehole.

I really like all the Bond Movies up to For Your Eyes Only after that they were just

OK. Here my choice's and my Favorite movies from each Bond.

1.Sean Connery Dr. NO, Thunderball,From Russia With Love,You Only Live Twice

Then

2.Roger Moore Live and Let Die,Moonraker,For Your Eyes Only

Then

3.Pierce Brosnan The World is not Enough, Tommorrow Never Dies,Die Another Day

Then

4.George Lazenby On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Then

5.Tim Dalton I am not sure if it was him or just awful scripts but I can't watch either

of his Bond movies

Connery definatly, but Brosnon is very very very close behind. Roger Moore was good, but seemed too much like a playboy then a secret agent. Timothy Dalton on the other hand seemed way too much a serious secret agent, and very little playboy. Its kind of a fine line, but Connery and Brosnon seemed to be able to pull the persona off. Lazenby didnt get the chance to develop his character in my opinion, I did like him but it was just bad timing for him to jump in as Bond.

GoldenEye was probably my favorite Bond movie though, I really liked that darker, moodier feel it had to it, and unlike the preceeding Bond movies with Brosnon, it wasnt overproduced with special effects and over the top action sequences in lue of a decent storyline. Trevelyen was the last decent Bond villain in my opinion.

Edited by Moonraker

I believe that when you are young, whoever is playing the role at the time is who you believe is the best one for the role. Therefore, since Brosnan was Bond in the 90s/2000s, then I think he is Bond. But Sean Connery is also good.

Good posts everyone.

I'm surprised at the number of you who liked Lazenby in the role of Bond. Perhaps I (and Broccoli) did not give him a chance. I agree that On Her Majesty's Secret Service was a good Bond flick. This was the George Lazenby one.

I think it was Moonraker who said it best about Roger Moore. He was too much the playboy and too little "license to kill". Frankly, if I was a woman, I would think he is repulsive. His so-called charm would come across as being smarmy and he's pretty ugly anyway. He looked too old even in his younger years. He just looks like a sugar-daddy.

Plodder thought Sean Connery was too arrogant. Admittedly, that's a fine line when an actor is playing Bond. The actor has to convey at least SOME arrogance or the whole picture falls. Bond is supposed to be sure of himself both with the ladies and with his mission.

Indy, I'm surprised at you, buddy. I would have thought you were a Sean Connery man.

biggrin.gif

I had to go with Pierce Brosnan. I believe that he one of the best, next to Sean Connery, followed by Roger Moore. But its very difficult to pick who your fav Bond is, because they were all form different times. But eventhough the new Bond is a blond i will go see the movie.

I think im the only one that dont care for bond flicks unsure.gif

The one that stands out in my head, is the one with "Jaws" and he hooks up with some weird blond chik that has pony tails or something in her hair, at some costum party?

I think , mind u, i saw this like YEARSSS ago and barely remember it..

Anyhowz , Ill pass on any bond movie schla03.gif