PROG Magazine - The greatest Prog musicians of all time

zepphead

120069330_3375673192471960_1067812507822453490_n-300x300.jpg

The latest edition of PROG magazine arrived in the post today. It contains a top 100 greatest Prog musicians poll voted by the readers of the magazine. Rush have done superbly!!!

No. 9 - Alex Lifeson

No. 4 - Geddy Lee

No. 1 - Neil Peart

When you consider.....

a) This is a UK based magazine

b) All the usual big hitters - Yes, Genesis, Floyd, King Crimson, ELP etc.

...... it is a pretty damn fine result for three boys from Canada!

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 6

Is there an additional write-up on Geddy, Alex, and Neil, or just the list?

Half a page on Alex, one page on Geddy and six pages on Neil.

I haven't read it yet so don't know what the content is like.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

Magazines getting delivered in the mail is still a thing?

Guess I am old school ...... I like the physical act of reading bits of real paper as opposed to looking at it on screen.
  • Like 1

Some, and any groups of people prefer, and are more comfortable to read what's on paper, than on a computer screen. Magazines are still in, and not a thing of the past. They can be bought in stores, and mailed to people. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Some, and any groups of people prefer, and are more comfortable to read what's on paper, than on a computer screen. Magazines are still in, and not a thing of the past. They can be bought in stores, and mailed to people.

When PROG first came out I just bought it at the newsagents as each issue came out. But sometimes the store just didn't bring it in and i missed a couple of issues - so I just set up a subscription and it arrives by mail now.
  • Like 1

£7.99 for a single issue?....they can f**k right off!

Hehehe .... it's only out every 2 months - and it's good for all things prog but yeah, not cheap.

I think there is a significant element of ‘favourite’ trumping “greatest” on some selections, Nick Mason for example, but I’m happy to see all three of Rush in the top 10. Edited by Tony R
  • Like 3

I subscribe to “Readly” get dozens of my favourite mags for £7.99 a month. Digital of course.

https://get.readly.com/

That seems like a pretty good deal. Currently I subscribe to Prog and Classic Rock, but it is the paper versions. I probably should attempt to enter the 21st century and go digital!!
  • Like 1

I think there is a significant element of ‘favourite’ trumping “greatest” on some selections, Nick Mason for example, but I’m happy to see all three of Rush in the top 10.

Yes, it was a pleasant surprise...... especially Alex's performance considering some of the six string competition.