Favorite American Band (a much tougher choice?)

Rushman2112

Favorite American Band  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one if you dare

• Dream Theater
    • Van Halen
    • Boston
    • Aerosmith
    • Beach Boys
    • The Eagles
    • Metallica
    • Pearl Jam
    • Nirvana
    • Stone Temple Pilots
    • Heart
    • Kansas
    • Foreigner
    • Journey
    • Kiss
    • Guns N' Roses
    • Rage Against the Machine
    • The Doors
    • Grateful Dead
    • Santana
    • Ramones
    • Fleetwood Mac
    • Motley Crue
    • The Cars
    • Soundgarden
    • Alice in Chains
    • ZZ Top
    • CCR
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd
    • Allman Brothers
    • Green Day
    • Cheap Trick
    • REM
    • CSN(&Y)
    • Foo Fighters
    • Talking Heads
    • Megadeth
    • Steely Dan
    • Chicago
    • I'm mad that my choice isn't here and I'm going to tell you why

I only included band names that didn't have an individuals name like Tom Petty. I know Van Halen is a name, but that is two different people not just one. Good luck with this one. I had a tough time trying to figure out who to include and who to leave out. Slayer and Linkin Park are two examples I changed my mind on to include Cheap Trick and Talking Heads. Many people will probably be mad for leaving someone out.

Why is this a much tougher choice? If you'd not come up with such a short list of English bands that one would have been much tougher. You missed out tons of bands

SLAYER and STINKIN PARK SUCK!

"REIGN IN BLOOD" IS GOOD!

I'm a big fan of Linkin Park actually, but I can't see it as something you would ever be in to, lol.

Genesis vs Linkin Park - who you got?

Genesis no question, lol. I said I'm a big fan I didn't say they came anywhere close to my top 5.

Ok then, let's have no more talk of Linkin Park.

I only included band names that didn't have an individuals name like Tom Petty. I know Van Halen is a name, but that is two different people not just one. Good luck with this one. I had a tough time trying to figure out who to include and who to leave out. Slayer and Linkin Park are two examples I changed my mind on to include Cheap Trick and Talking Heads. Many people will probably be mad for leaving someone out.

Why is this a much tougher choice? If you'd not come up with such a short list of English bands that one would have been much tougher. You missed out tons of bands

I'm a big fan of Linkin Park actually, but I can't see it as something you would ever be in to, lol.

Genesis no question, lol. I said I'm a big fan I didn't say they came anywhere close to my top 5.

Why not? They're a great band with a number of great albums.

I decided to rank all the 39 bands mentioned in this poll by order of how much I like them. There are probably some tweaks here and there but overall this is my order of preference.

1. Dream Theater

2. Aerosmith

3. Kansas

4. Green Day

5. Soundgarden

6. Foo Fighters

7. Megadeth

8. Chicago

9. Van Halen

10. Pearl Jam

11. Metallica

12. ZZ Top

13. REM

14. The Cars

15. Kiss

16. Boston

17. Journey

18. Heart

19. Allman Brothers Band

20. The Eagles

21. Guns N’ Roses

22. Foreigner

23. Nirvana

24. Cheap Trick

25. Fleetwood Mac

26. Steely Dan

27. Stone Temple Pilots

28. The Doors

29. Grateful Dead

30. Santana

31. Alice In Chains

32. Creedence Clearwater Revival

33. Talking Heads

34. Lynyrd Skynyrd

35. The Beach Boys

36. Ramones

37. Rage Against The Machine

38. Motley Crue

39. Crosby, Stills, And Nash (And Young)

• Like 1

:LOL:

Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns, and The Hunting Party are all great albums.

Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns, and The Hunting Party are all great albums.

:16ton:

Gotta agree with you on that treeduck, a bit more depth to the list of English bands would have made it equally tough.

I decided to rank all the 39 bands mentioned in this poll by order of how much I like them. There are probably some tweaks here and there but overall this is my order of preference.

1. Dream Theater

2. Aerosmith

3. Kansas

4. Green Day

5. Soundgarden

6. Foo Fighters

7. Megadeth

8. Chicago

9. Van Halen

10. Pearl Jam

11. Metallica

12. ZZ Top

13. REM

14. The Cars

15. Kiss

16. Boston

17. Journey

18. Heart

19. Allman Brothers Band

20. The Eagles

21. Guns N’ Roses

22. Foreigner

23. Nirvana

24. Cheap Trick

25. Fleetwood Mac

26. Steely Dan

27. Stone Temple Pilots

28. The Doors

29. Grateful Dead

30. Santana

31. Alice In Chains

32. Creedence Clearwater Revival

33. Talking Heads

34. Lynyrd Skynyrd

35. The Beach Boys

36. Ramones

37. Rage Against The Machine

38. Motley Crue

39. Crosby, Stills, And Nash (And Young)

Far far too much effort ...... you need to get out into the sunshine!

For me, this question has an answer similar to the British band question. Roth-era VH is my favorite based on their full catalog of songs, which is closer to flawless than any other other band listed.
  • Like 2

My favorite is easily steely Dan.

In terms of the american band with greatest overall legacy it's easily the dead imo.

Their decision to allow shows to be recorded was a great marketing decision and leaves behind a musical legacy like none other

• Like 2

Not my favorite, but I'm still looking for Tom Petty (& The Heartbreakers) on this list?

I really can't vote cuz there 4 or 5 that are too close to single out one unlike the English band voting where there's The BEATLES (even tho I love Sabbath, Zep, Floyd, etc., etc......)

• Like 1

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/zrockstar.gif Of course, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick and KISS are part my DNA by now...

http://www.classicrockreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Aerosmith-1976a.jpg

http://www.rockmusictimeline.com/cheaptrick_77.jpg

401af4e7-73c2-40c2-8ff2-8a85ec6ffa77.jpg

Edited by The Cat 3
  • Like 2