Favorite American Band (a much tougher choice?)

Rushman2112

Favorite American Band  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one if you dare

• Dream Theater
    • Van Halen
    • Boston
    • Aerosmith
    • Beach Boys
    • The Eagles
    • Metallica
    • Pearl Jam
    • Nirvana
    • Stone Temple Pilots
    • Heart
    • Kansas
    • Foreigner
    • Journey
    • Kiss
    • Guns N' Roses
    • Rage Against the Machine
    • The Doors
    • Grateful Dead
    • Santana
    • Ramones
    • Fleetwood Mac
    • Motley Crue
    • The Cars
    • Soundgarden
    • Alice in Chains
    • ZZ Top
    • CCR
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd
    • Allman Brothers
    • Green Day
    • Cheap Trick
    • REM
    • CSN(&Y)
    • Foo Fighters
    • Talking Heads
    • Megadeth
    • Steely Dan
    • Chicago
    • I'm mad that my choice isn't here and I'm going to tell you why

I only included band names that didn't have an individuals name like Tom Petty. I know Van Halen is a name, but that is two different people not just one. Good luck with this one. I had a tough time trying to figure out who to include and who to leave out. Slayer and Linkin Park are two examples I changed my mind on to include Cheap Trick and Talking Heads. Many people will probably be mad for leaving someone out.
  • Like 1

I only included band names that didn't have an individuals name like Tom Petty. I know Van Halen is a name, but that is two different people not just one. Good luck with this one. I had a tough time trying to figure out who to include and who to leave out. Slayer and Linkin Park are two examples I changed my mind on to include Cheap Trick and Talking Heads. Many people will probably be mad for leaving someone out.

Why is this a much tougher choice? If you'd not come up with such a short list of English bands that one would have been much tougher. You missed out tons of bands

• Like 2

Why is this a much tougher choice? If you'd not come up with such a short list of English bands that one would have been much tougher. You missed out tons of bands

SLAYER and STINKIN PARK SUCK!

"REIGN IN BLOOD" IS GOOD!

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Linkin Park actually, but I can't see it as something you would ever be in to, lol.

I'm a big fan of Linkin Park actually, but I can't see it as something you would ever be in to, lol.

Genesis vs Linkin Park - who you got?

Okay there are a number of bands on here that would vie for my top spot:

Dream Theater

Aerosmith

Soundgarden

Van Halen

Kansas

Chicago

Megadeth

Green Day

Foo Fighters

But there's one that should definitely be on here with Journey, Foreigner, and Boston that has not been mentioned and I can't fathom why.

STYX!

I know a lot of folks love to hate on them but no more than they love to hate on Green Day or Journey, so I really don't see why they wouldn't be included. I think I'll pick the last category because Styx may very well be my favorite American band. Probably either them or DT.

• Like 1

LOL!!!

If someone on the planet really takes Stinking Fart over Genesis, I'm going to "Fly By Night" and never come back.

• Like 1

Genesis no question, lol. I said I'm a big fan I didn't say they came anywhere close to my top 5.

• Like 2

Dream Theater

Aerosmith

Soundgarden

Van Halen

Kansas

Chicago

Megadeth

Green Day

Foo Fighters

But there's one that should definitely be on here with Journey, Foreigner, and Boston that has not been mentioned and I can't fathom why.

STYX!

I know a lot of folks love to hate on them but no more than they love to hate on Green Day or Journey, so I really don't see why they wouldn't be included. I think I'll pick the last category because Styx may very well be my favorite American band. Probably either them or DT.

I love this Forum!! Opinions are like assholes! We all have one!!

Pat HATES STYNX! I LOVE STYX!

I HATE GREED LAY!!! JUNK FAKE POP PUNK POSERS!! BAY AREA FAKES!

• Like 1

Very easy!! VAN HALEN! ROTH YEARS!!!

They're very close behind PJ and my favorite from my state. Fitting that Mike McCready commented on how EVH was an influence on him in a Rolling Stone list of greatest guitarists years ago. I know Tom Petty is regarded solo but he's often listed with his band so I'll add him for those not on the list.

Dream Theater

Aerosmith

Soundgarden

Van Halen

Kansas

Chicago

Megadeth

Green Day

Foo Fighters

STYX!

I love this Forum!! Opinions are like assholes! We all have one!!

Pat HATES STYNX! I LOVE STYX!

I HATE GREED LAY!!! JUNK FAKE POP PUNK POSERS!! BAY AREA FAKES!

Dead Kennedys blow them out of the water when it comes to bay area punk rock. Green Day have become the Aerosmith of punk rock and it's sad.