• The Who
    • The Beatles
    • Rolling Stones
    • Pink Floyd
    • Jethro Tull
    • Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
    • King Crimson
    • Other (please explain)

Aww...who am I kidding. Full catalogue of songs, beginning to end? Zeppelin, easy. Tull and the Who have songs I like better, but song for song no other band comes close to the Mighty Zep.
  • Like 1

Porcupine Tree or XTC depending on my mood. Maybe even The Smiths/Morrissey too. Also, where's the Basement Jaxx love?

With your new avatar, I thought our beloved Janie had returned for a minute.
  • Like 1

But I can tell you which one I like the least. In fact, I loathe them.

A band or your child? :huh: If it's a band, spill.

Porcupine Tree or XTC depending on my mood. Maybe even The Smiths/Morrissey too. Also, where's the Basement Jaxx love?

I don't know who that is.

Edited by Fordgalaxy

The Beatles. Followed closely by Sabbath and The Stones.

I don't think I've ever given the Stones a real chance you know. Where is a good place to begin?

I don't think I've ever given the Stones a real chance you know. Where is a good place to begin?

I would say either Let it Bleed, for some good old fashioned blues rock, or Some Girls, which is a little bit of a glam rock album. If you like those two, I recommend you check out Beggars Banquet, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street and Tattoo You. They have other good ones, but that’s the teeth of their discography IMO.

• Like 1

I would say either Let it Bleed, for some good old fashioned blues rock, or Some Girls, which is a little bit of a glam rock album. If you like those two, I recommend you check out Beggars Banquet, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street and Tattoo You. They have other good ones, but that’s the teeth of their discography IMO.

Play Gimme Shelter first.
  • Like 1

Fans of The Beatles early hits will probably also enjoy The Stones' early hits. Get Off Of My Cloud, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Mother's Little Helper, As Tears Go By....

• Like 1

Wasn't The Police started in England even though those two sons of the CIA man began it?

In any event, I can't possibly choose. It's like asking which child you love the most.

It's like how Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers are a "Florida" band even though they formed in L.A. and are heavily influenced by the Laurel Canyon sound. Lot of bands in big cities like L.A. have members from other areas like Jim Morrison from Florida and Henley and Frey from Texas and Detroit.

Wasn't The Police started in England even though those two sons of the CIA man began it?

In any event, I can't possibly choose. It's like asking which child you love the most.

It's like how Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers are a "Florida" band even though they formed in L.A. and are heavily influenced by the Laurel Canyon sound. Lot of bands in big cities like L.A. have members from other areas like Jim Morrison from Florida and Henley and Frey from Texas and Detroit.

Axl Rose from Indiana!

I miss her. I've written to her several times and get no response. Do you know what happened to her?

I'm just confused as to how this list was conceived without Judas Priest as an immediate option
  • Like 2

I can't use the excuse that Judas Priest was "too gay" to be on the list since I included Queen, so I will just say that it didn't occur to me. Sorry. Edit: Please excuse my lame attempt at a joke. It wasn't meant to offend anyone except Judas Priest fans :D Edited by Rushman2112

I can't use the excuse that Judas Priest was "too gay" to be on the list since I included Queen, so I will just say that it didn't occur to me. Sorry.

As a gay person, I wouldn't allow it as an excuse anyway.

• Like 1

I was going to attempt an American band version of this poll, but there are just too many. Do I include Soundgarden or Heart? Alice in Chains or Kansas? ZZ Top or Kiss? There is only room for 18 choices + 1 for "other". Edit: There is room for 40 choices! Back to plan A. Edited by Rushman2112

I was going to attempt an American band version of this poll, but there are just too many. Do I include Soundgarden or Heart? Alice in Chains or Kansas? ZZ Top or Kiss?

Canadian poll but leave out the obvious. Has there been a recent one?

Edited by Steevo