Queen: Hot Space (1982) - Favorite Song? (Least Bad Song?)

_hi_water._

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite?/Least Bad?

• Staying Power
    • Dancer
    • Back Chat
    • Body Language
    • Action This Day
    • Put Out The Fire
    • Life Is Real (Song For Lennon)
    • Calling All Girls
    • Las Palabras De Amor
    • Cool Cat
    • Under Pressure
    • Soul Brother

Anyway, back to topic ..... a completely sh*te album .... you need one more poll option ...... all crap ...... I choose this option.
  • Like 2

I have just realised the real meaning of the title Hot Space ....

It's not actually Hot Space ...... but in fact an interactive treat for the fans .... Hot ______ (please fill in space to create your very own album title)

I get first choice ..... Hot Steaming Doggie Doings

Anyway, back to topic ..... a completely sh*te album .... you need one more poll option ...... all crap ...... I choose this option.

In all honesty, probably the worst album I've ever heard. I include shitty hip hop, pop, nu metal and self produced efforts too.

I played it yesterday with Mick (we had a fun discussion about it) and it actually put me in a really bad mood.

Dreadful album, one of only three I've ever given 0/10 too.

• Like 1

Is "Under Pressure" that bad a song? I agree it wouldn't "save" this album, but that's actually a moment of quality, isn't it? Have I been deluding myself lo these many years? (Judging on the poll results, no . . .)

I ended up voting for it because the rest of the stuff was pitiful.
  • Like 1

Is "Under Pressure" that bad a song? I agree it wouldn't "save" this album, but that's actually a moment of quality, isn't it? Have I been deluding myself lo these many years? (Judging on the poll results, no . . .)

I ended up voting for it because the rest of the stuff was pitiful.

*sniff* Life Is Real... *sniff* Las Palabras De Amor
  • Like 2

From Queen's Hot Space, "Life Is Real (Song For Lennon)" because of Freddie sharing lead vocals on the songs "Las Palabras De Amor (the Words of Love)" with Brian, and "Under Pressure" with David. If it wasn't for the Flash Gordon (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), then I would say this is Queen's bad studio c.d., and album. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

From Queen's Hot Space, "Life Is Real (Song For Lennon)" because of Freddie sharing lead vocals on the songs "Las Palabras De Amor (the Words of Love)" with Brian, and "Under Pressure" with David. If it wasn't for the Flash Motion Picture Soundtrack, then I would say this is Queen's bad studio c.d., and album.

Life Is Real is the only song that competes with Under Pressure for the top spot in my book. A couple others I really love, but nothing so much as Life Is Real and Under Pressure. If you consider the fact that Under Pressure was released a long time ahead of the album as a standalone single, perhaps before the album sessions proper even began, then Life Is Real is my favorite song actually recorded for Hot Space.

• Like 1

Again, the bonus tracks are not part of the album proper. Soul Brother is a bonus track and shouldn't be included.

It's not a big issue. Most times I would include all songs of any respective album era. It's not your poll, chill out ������

To me it feels like slapping Hey Jude on the end of The White Album in a poll. It's just not accurate. But it doesn't really matter. Not like anyone's going to actually vote for the bonus tracks.

Well they will if that's their favourite song lol

Again, the bonus tracks are not part of the album proper. Soul Brother is a bonus track and shouldn't be included.

It's not a big issue. Most times I would include all songs of any respective album era. It's not your poll, chill out ������

To me it feels like slapping Hey Jude on the end of The White Album in a poll. It's just not accurate. But it doesn't really matter. Not like anyone's going to actually vote for the bonus tracks.

Well they will if that's their favourite song lol

Let me rephrase that. It's highly unlikely anyone's favorite song from pretty much any of these albums is one of the bonus tracks. Queen were usually very good at getting the best stuff on the album and leaving the fluff on the cutting room floor or on B-sides if it was well-developed enough.