Rush 2010 compilation record called ICON will be released on vinyl record...but only in Canada!

YYZumbi

shit compilation tbh

But oh so beautiful looking record!

true

Looks can be deceiving. Colored vinyl has been shown to sound somewhat inferior to the standard black records. But a lot of people are driven by looks, whether it be cars, pets, or whatever and this will be no different. Also, $25 for a compilation album is ridiculous regardless how "pretty" it is. We've all heard these songs many, many times and this seem like a simple cash grab.

shit compilation tbh

true

Looks can be deceiving. Colored vinyl has been shown to sound somewhat inferior to the standard black records. But a lot of people are driven by looks, whether it be cars, pets, or whatever and this will be no different. Also, $25 for a compilation album is ridiculous regardless how "pretty" it is. We've all heard these songs many, many times and this seem like a simple cash grab.

As a vinyl record collector. I can say that the thing about colored vinyl sound inferior to black vinyl is a big lieing myth! All vinyl records are made of PVC, which is naturally colorless. To turn this clear material into a solid color titanium dioxide and other additives are mixed in. To make the standard black vinyl color, black carbon is often added, which strengthens the PVC mix. To make any other color, dyes are used instead of black carbon. These dyes do not strengthen the vinyl in the same way as black carbon, but the difference is negligible unless mistakes are made in the production process.

shit compilation tbh

true

As a vinyl record collector. I can say that the thing about colored vinyl sound inferior to black vinyl is a big lieing myth! All vinyl records are made of PVC, which is naturally colorless. To turn this clear material into a solid color titanium dioxide and other additives are mixed in. To make the standard black vinyl color, black carbon is often added, which strengthens the PVC mix. To make any other color, dyes are used instead of black carbon. These dyes do not strengthen the vinyl in the same way as black carbon, but the difference is negligible unless mistakes are made in the production process.

Yeah modern colored vinyl is just as good as black vinyl for sound quality. Only possible exceptions are records that try to do radiating bands of color which might cause some popping because of the different plastics involved when the needle goes from one color to the next. There aren’t many of those though.

• Like 2

shit compilation tbh

I like it, it has Fly By Night, Circumstances, Twilight Zone and the Necromancer. Not the usual run of the mill choices.

Just looked at the track listing of this..... very strange indeed ...... with The Necromancer included on the CD version even stranger!!

shit compilation tbh

I like it, it has Fly By Night, Circumstances, Twilight Zone and the Necromancer. Not the usual run of the mill choices.

Just looked at the track listing of this..... very strange indeed ...... with The Necromancer included on the CD version even stranger!!

That's what you want though!

Did you ever buy Rush Through Time? That's a cool compilation with an unusual track listing.

• Like 2

shit compilation tbh

Did you ever buy Rush Through Time? That's a cool compilation with an unusual track listing.

They should release a one song album which compiles every first note of every Rush song ever made. Limited release it on vinyl. Colored, black, gold, whatever. Some would buy it because collectors are collectors.

• Like 4

shit compilation tbh

They should release a one song album which compiles every first note of every Rush song ever made. Limited release it on vinyl. Colored, black, gold, whatever. Some would buy it because collectors are collectors.

There are some folks called "completists" who will buy anything they can find that a particular band puts out. They usually have multiple copies of everything.

• Like 2

shit compilation tbh

:LOL: :P

• Like 1

shit compilation tbh

There are some folks called "completists" who will buy anything they can find that a particular band puts out. They usually have multiple copies of everything.

:oops:

• Like 1

shit compilation tbh

Yeah, a.k.a. - suckers.

They could write down every Rush song title on tiny pieces of paper, tack them all onto a dart board, then blindly throw (say) ten darts at the board. What the ten darts hit would be the ten song compilation for a new album. Again, released on vinyl black, colored, gold, whatever.

Call it "Rush: Darts".

It'll sell.

Stupid?

Yes, it is.

Very stupid. But it'll sell.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 4

shit compilation tbh

Yeah, a.k.a. - suckers.

They could write down every Rush song title on tiny pieces of paper, tack them all onto a dart board, then blindly throw (say) ten darts at the board. What the ten darts hit would be the ten song compilation for a new album. Again, released on vinyl black, colored, gold, whatever.

It'll sell.

Stupid?

Yes, it is.

:hail: :hail: :hail:

• Like 1

shit compilation tbh

Yeah, a.k.a. - suckers.

It'll sell.

Stupid?

Yes, it is.

I'd buy that before S&A.

• Like 2

shit compilation tbh

Yeah, a.k.a. - suckers.

It'll sell.

Stupid?

Yes, it is.

I'd buy that before S&A.

:LOL:

You could be unlucky and have the ten darts hit ten tracks off Snakes!

• Like 3

shit compilation tbh

Yeah, a.k.a. - suckers.

It'll sell.

Stupid?

Yes, it is.

I'd buy that before S&A.

In fact, that’s should be how it’s marketed: have the sucker collector...err I mean, CUSTOMER throw ten darts (some virtual dart board online) and what you hit on the virtual dartboard is the album which is custom made for you! Vinyl black, colored, gold, etc :LOL:

• Like 2

shit compilation tbh

Yeah, a.k.a. - suckers.

It'll sell.

Stupid?

Yes, it is.

I'd buy that before S&A.

In fact, that’s should be how it’s marketed: have the sucker collector...err I mean, CUSTOMER throw ten darts (some virtual dart board online) and what you hit on the virtual dartboard is the album which is custom made for you! Vinyl black, colored, gold, etc :LOL:

omfg I was gone for two hours, and I got 12 notifications (most/all of them from this thread)
  • Like 1

shit compilation tbh

Yeah, a.k.a. - suckers.

It'll sell.

Stupid?

Yes, it is.

I'd buy that before S&A.

Sounds like the Snakes and Arrows tour set.

• Like 3

shit compilation tbh

I remember it ... but I had all the albums to date at that time so didn't buy it. It would have made a great starting point for someone you wanted to show off Rush to for the first time.