What was Tom Sawyer Originally Called When Presented To NP by Pye Dubois?

Tony R

When Neil brought it to Dubois? Dubois already had a pre-existing poem/lyric about "Louis the Lawyer/Warrior," so did they graft that idea with something else Neil brought in? I thought the poem came first, then the change to "Tom Sawyer," but mebbe not.

When Neil brought it to Dubois? Dubois already had a pre-existing poem/lyric about "Louis the Lawyer/Warrior," so did they graft that idea with something else Neil brought in? I thought the poem came first, then the change to "Tom Sawyer," but mebbe not.

Pretty certain it’s Louis the Lawyer. I’m positive it’s not Louis the Warrior. Can’t remember where I read that though.

• Like 1

According to the (sometimes flawed) Rush: Song by Song, by Alex Body, "Louis the Lawyer (sometimes referred to as 'Louis the Warrior') described a self-assured individual . . ."

p. 53.

Here it says Louis the Warrior is incorrect:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Sawyer_(song)

I’m still not sure where I originally read it though. But I did see it as Louis the Lawyer then.

According to the (sometimes flawed) Rush: Song by Song, by Alex Body, "Louis the Lawyer (sometimes referred to as 'Louis the Warrior') described a self-assured individual . . ."

p. 53.

Here it says Louis the Warrior is incorrect:

https://en.m.wikiped...om_Sawyer_(song)

I’m still not sure where I originally read it though. But I did see it as Louis the Lawyer then.

Then we should settle on "Louis the Lawyer" as our answer to Tony's question!

• Like 1

I see now that I misread the thread title, which does, in fact, suggest it was Dubois who brought it to Peart, and not the other way 'round, as I had thought. Apologies for my haste and consequent nonsense post.

But the answer is the same!