• Freeze
    • Out Of The Cradle
  3. 3. Own This Album?

• On CD.
    • On Vinyl.
    • On both CD and Vinyl.
    • Planning to get it...
    • Not at this moment...

From the remixed of this, my top one, and two favorite songs have been "Nocturne", and "Out of the Cradle". Tied for third, have been "How It Is", and "Sweet Miracle". Other songs worth mentions are: "Vapor Trail", "Secret Touch", "Earthshine", and "the Stars Look Down". I have both the remixed released in 2013, and when it was first released in 2002, on original c.ds. Were "Different Stages", and "Rush In Rio" being skipped? Edited by Derek19

Vapor Trails was an important album for me -

- A restoration of my faith in the band

- A return to a more traditional, less commercial rock sound

- Neil back and sounding great.

The downside was a pretty drastic mix - compressed to within an inch of it's life!

But the boys were back and thankfully not giving us the 'Police meets U2' chops (I know some of you forum members like those vibes - just not for an old-timer fan like myself).

So I voted -

Side 1 One Little Victory, with Ceiling Unlimited a close second

Side 2 Earthshine, with Secret Touch second.

• Like 1

I love every single one of these songs...

Me too, though I can't sit through the album as a whole due to the headache-inducing mastering. The songs are fantastic, with Neil doing some of his best writing on them.

I love every single one of these songs...

Me too, though I can't sit through the album as a whole due to the headache-inducing mastering. The songs are fantastic, with Neil doing some of his best writing on them.

Although the remix is flawed I find the errors forgivable and very much enjoy listening to it from start to finish like a proper old-style record album.

• Like 1

On record one, my vote is Ghost Rider and on record two, my vote is Secret Touch.

I have this on the remixed version only on vinyl record. Two of them, one still sealed. The Europe pressing.

On CD, I have the original version and the remixed CD version, the standard release and also the one that came in the "The Studio Albums - 1989-2007" box set.

Vapor Trail

Nocturne

CD Only

Even though "Rush In Rio" wasn't a topic thread, I'll do it in this one because it was a part of the "Vapor Trails Tour". From that, my top eight favorite songs have been "Tom Sawyer", "Yyz", "Closer to the Heart", "Natural Science", "Leave that Thing Alone", "O Baterista", "La Villa Strangiato (An Exercise In Self-Indulgence)", and "Vital Signs". I have that on original c.d. Edited by Derek19