• Time And Motion
  2. 2. Favorite Side B Song?

3. 3. Own This Album?

• On CD.
    • On Vinyl.
    • On both CD and Vinyl.
    • Planning to get it...
    • Not at this moment.

From this, my top one, and two favorite songs have been "Resist", and "Carve Away the Stone". For third, has been "Half the World". Other songs worth mentions are: "the Color of Right", "Driven", "Virtuality", "Time and Motion", and "Totem". I have this on original c.d. Edited by Derek19

This one has only been released officially on double vinyl (with music on 3 sides.) on the 2015 pressing. The picture disc from 2009 is a bootleg, not a official release. So this listing is once again incorrect!

This listing is incorrect, so I wont vote.

But I have this on the original first pressing vinyl record. The one released in 2015, since it is the first ever released officially vinyl record. It makes it the original first pressing vinyl record. The picture disc released in 2009 was not a official release. It was a bootleg, a unofficial release!

Test For Echo

Totem

CD Only

Even though "Different Stages" wasn't a topic thread, I'll do it in this one because it was a part of the "Test For Echo Tour". From that, my top one, and two favorite songs have been the entire suite of "2112", which was performed for the first time on that tour, and "Natural Science". If the 1978 concert was included, too, then it's "Xanadu". I have that on original c.d. Edited by Derek19

Interesting here -- Alex loves TFE.

"I feel like we arrived with this record. There’s a particular feel that I don’t think we had before—a nice groove and a lot of really good Rush songs. I feel like we were all really together on this album."

https://www.guitarworld.com/features/interview-alex-lifeson-dissects-11-key-rush-songs

Weird.

I've read Ged saying the opposite in the 2010s, that he felt they were running creatively empty at that time.

"I feel like we arrived with this record. There’s a particular feel that I don’t think we had before—a nice groove and a lot of really good Rush songs. I feel like we were all really together on this album."

https://www.guitarwo...-key-rush-songs

Weird.

I've read Ged saying the opposite in the 2010s, that he felt they were running creatively empty at that time.

Geddy I'd say was running dry, as was Neil in the lyrics department. A lot of mildly cringey or forgettable lyrics set to unmemorable melodies woven into unspectacular songs. Alex on the other hand whips out a flurry of heavy guitars and plays his heart out pretty much the whole way through. It's definitely a great record for Lifeson.

This is the weakest of the nineties albums. Nice clean crystal sound which dovetails nicely with the album cover. I think of a nice sunny crisp cold winter's day when I think of T4E. Some cringy lyrics in Virtuality and Dog Years. Colour of Right is a bit limp. Rest of the album is good but no home runs

https://www.guitarwo...-key-rush-songs

Weird.

Geddy I'd say was running dry, as was Neil in the lyrics department. A lot of mildly cringey or forgettable lyrics set to unmemorable melodies woven into unspectacular songs. Alex on the other hand whips out a flurry of heavy guitars and plays his heart out pretty much the whole way through. It's definitely a great record for Lifeson.

Alex is on fire. And Neil's drumming is pretty creative as well. The latter is lost a bit on the recording, but if you watch "A Work In Progress" it's evident.
  • Like 1

But I have this on the original first pressing vinyl record. The one released in 2015, since it is the first ever released officially vinyl record. It makes it the original first pressing vinyl record. The picture disc released in 2009 was not a official release. It was a bootleg, a unofficial release!

so what is Side A, Side B, and whatever else?

so what is Side A, Side B, and whatever else?

It goes

A side:

Test For Echo

Driven

Half The World

The Color Of Right

B side:

Time And Motion

Totem

Dog Years

C side:

Virtuality

Resist

Limbo

Carve Away The Stone

Here is a good site for vinyl geeks: https://www.discogs.com/Rush-Test-For-Echo/release/7684234

Edited by YYZumbi