A new book from Neil was in the works?

Alexmai

Hi everybody.

In my opinion, our beloved Neil had in the works at least one book after R40... probably two, one being about what was happening to him.

Maybe a memoir for his daughter.

Could it be, in your opinion?

Geddy or Alex said anything about this possibility?

I miss the Professor. Very much.

• Like 1

Guessing from the way he lived life, probably not a formal book but a posthumous collection of unreleased writing could end up getting released.

As we all know his wife helped him with projects so if she wanted to release such a book, it could be done.

Unfortunately a problem with the cancer he had is it destroys one's ability to think and write coherently so anything in the works would probably pre-date his illness.

Just my 2 cents....It would be a gift to see anything he left writing wise.

• Like 2

I highly doubt it. When Far and Wide was released, I got the distinct impression it was his farewell - not from life, but from a life as a revered rock musician. I am guessing he received the incredibly sad diagnosis coupled with incredibly unfortunate timing not long after it was published. He essentially waved goodbye in Los Angeles and might have had a year with his family. Then he got sick.
  • Like 3

Hi everybody.

In my opinion, our beloved Neil had in the works at least one book after R40... probably two, one being about what was happening to him.

Maybe a memoir for his daughter.

Could it be, in your opinion?

Geddy or Alex said anything about this possibility?

I miss the Professor. Very much.

Peart's possible posthumous book is briefly mentioned in this 2019 interview with Geddy Lee here.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 3

I read recently there is something to come early next year about putting his lyrics to artwork, the same folks that did the Farewell To Kings graphic novel - Fantoons.

Apparently "Neil approved". I can't recall the reference, it started when I was searching out 2020 Grammy Awards tributes.

Let the inter-web searching begin!