• Hand Over Fist
    • Available Light
  3. 3. Own This Album?

• On CD.
    • On Vinyl.
    • On both CD and Vinyl.
    • Planning to get it...
    • Not at this moment...

Bought it on CD. Which was much better than buying it on vinyl, that coaster would take up the entire table. At least with a CD there's still room for a lamp and some pictures in addition to the drink holder.
  • Like 1

Do we have to vote? - one bloody awful album. I was actually given the CD as a present .... that person really hated me lol!! Possibly my lowest point with Rush at the time.
  • Like 2

From this, my top one, and two favorite songs have been "Available Light", and "Show Don't Tell". For third, has been "the Pass". I have this on original c.d. Edited by Derek19

They printed this on vinyl?

I guess it was still the 80s.

they printed Presto, Roll The Bones, Counterparts and Test For Echo on vinyl. They were just not as good selling as perhaps the first 12

they printed Presto, Roll The Bones, Counterparts and Test For Echo on vinyl. They were just not as good selling as perhaps the first 12

Sales not being as good has nothing to do with it. Vinyl was not a mainstream format at this point. They printed far less copies of them. The main outlets did not carry vinyl anymore. You had to go to a small local record store that still stocked them.

Sales not being as good has nothing to do with it. Vinyl was not a mainstream format at this point. They printed far less copies of them. The main outlets did not carry vinyl anymore. You had to go to a small local record store that still stocked them.

They have all the albums on Vinyl. In fact, theres an alternate cover for Vinyl Clockwork

They have all the albums on Vinyl. In fact, theres an alternate cover for Vinyl Clockwork

so where do I find Different Stages Live on vinyl?

so where do I find Different Stages Live on vinyl?

Nowhere did I say Live Albums

On side 1 I voted for The Pass and on side 2 I voted for Available Light.

I have this on the 2015 reissue vinyl record and on a US original first pressing vinyl record.

On CD, I have the 2013 version which was part of "The Studio Albums - 1989 - 2007" Box Set and also on the 2014 SACD (my only SACD, I just bought it to compare to my 2013 CD. Could not hear any different at all, totally pointless with SACD)

Edited by YYZumbi

Either Presto or Secret Touch is my favorite Rush song.

I assume you mean either Show Don't Tell, Scars, or Superconductor

Don't ask me. Can't you see I radiate more heat than light?

Are you talking about Rush song off Presto, or just in general?

An improvement on HYF.

Having searched high and low (but mostly high) Alex at last discovers where Geddy had hidden his acoustic guitar for most of the decade...

During an interview at the time promoting the release of Presto, he recalled

"How could I have been so blind, there it was all this time hiding in plain sight, behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in my hands... it was beautiful"...

He continues

"Geddy was livid at my discovery! I played him some ideas I'd come up with, but he just said it was nothing new, just a waste of time, we had no need of ancient ways and our world was doing fine. A massive argument ensued, harsh words exchanged... Neil, ever the peacemaker, eventually intervened after we nearly came to blows and by way of a compromise, I was permitted to play it on a few songs. My solo classical guitar composition however, didn't make the final cut... "

Edited by Enemy Within

The song Presto. It's usually in a tie with Secret Touch for my favorite Rush song.

The song Presto. It's usually in a tie with Secret Touch for my favorite Rush song.

Oh ok, I misunderstood

Presto

Available Light

Both CD and Vinyl