You`re No Fun Anymore - Monty Python, Vol. 3

IbanezJem

31 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Geddy will insist on whistling  :tongue:  some of Duane Eddy's greatest instrumental hits. 

Yes, yes, I will, I'm going to cut your hair, sir. I'm going to start cutting your hair, sir, start cutting now! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Yes, yes, I will, I'm going to cut your hair, sir. I'm going to start cutting your hair, sir, start cutting now! :thumbsup:

Right, you two hermits, stop that sketch. I think it's silly.  :nuts:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Right, you two hermits, stop that sketch. I think it's silly.  :nuts:

Never mind, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Ladies and gentlemen, we give you Ken Jennings and his inflatable knees. :popcorn:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Never mind, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Ladies and gentlemen, we give you Ken Jennings and his inflatable knees. :popcorn:

I'd like to be in SOCN actually, but unfortunately, I've got a degree.  :banghead:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

I'd like to be in SOCN actually, but unfortunately, I've got a degree.  :banghead:

I'm not having my forum filled with filthy perverts, now look, I'm giving you just half a minute then I'm going to call the police, so get out! :blast:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I'm not having my forum filled with filthy perverts, now look, I'm giving you just half a minute then I'm going to call the police, so get out! :blast:

You wouldn't let me join, would you, you blackballing bastards! Well, I wouldn't become an SOCNer now if you went down on your lousy, stinking, pugulant knees and begged me! :rage:

(I have no idea if "pugulant" is the word Cleese uses in the Flying Circus version, that's what it sounds like, and the online scripts don't include that word.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

You wouldn't let me join, would you, you blackballing bastards! Well, I wouldn't become an SOCNer now if you went down on your lousy, stinking, pugulant knees and begged me! :rage:

(I have no idea if "pugulant" is the word Cleese uses in the Flying Circus version, that's what it sounds like, and the online scripts don't include that word.)

I think "purulent", although it doesn`t pertain to what Cleese is saying in the speech. :confused: I could always get the scripts out and check but, you know, they`re over the other side of the room so might as well be in China.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

4 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I think "purulent", although it doesn`t pertain to what Cleese is saying in the speech. :confused: I could always get the scripts out and check but, you know, they`re over the other side of the room so might as well be in China.

I forgot that I have the scripts in book form. :unsure: Just looked it up, and yes, "purulent" is the word used in that script (somehow I heard a "g" in there instead of an "r").

purulent

adjective

1. Containing, discharging, or causing the production of pus.

That certainly fits with the whole "sitting on your spotty behinds squeezing blackheads" bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

I forgot that I have the scripts in book form. :unsure: Just looked it up, and yes, "purulent" is the word used in that script (somehow I heard a "g" in there instead of an "r").

purulent

adjective

1. Containing, discharging, or causing the production of pus.

That certainly fits with the whole "sitting on your spotty behinds squeezing blackheads" bit.

I guess it does; I was wondering how that could describe their knees but as they are lousy and stinking, that could easily be because they are purulent. :unsure:

• Like 1

I guess it does; I was wondering how that could describe their knees but as they are lousy and stinking, that could easily be because they are purulent. :unsure:

This is...always the problem...with directors of film...clips.  :bitchslap:  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

This is...always the problem...with directors of film...clips.  :bitchslap:  

One of the most prolific film directors of this age, or indeed of any age, is Sir Edward Ross, back in his native country for the first time for five years to open a season of his works at the National Film Theatre, and we are indeed fortunate to have him with us in this studio tonight.:wub:

• Like 1

One of the most prolific film directors of this age, or indeed of any age, is Sir Edward Ross, back in his native country for the first time for five years to open a season of his works at the National Film Theatre, and we are indeed fortunate to have him with us in this studio tonight.:wub:

I've just come to say that he's on his way. Um, he's just coming now.  :old:   Here he is.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

That's not Picasso - that's Kandinsky. :monalisa:

I'll lop its back legs off, make good, strip the fur, stick a couple of wings on and staple on a beak of your own choice. No problem.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I'll lop its back legs off, make good, strip the fur, stick a couple of wings on and staple on a beak of your own choice. No problem.  :thumbsup:

And there's a card, sir... from all of us. Sorry about the blood, sir. :laugh:

• Like 1

Hello. Another little ego trip for the feminists. :glare:

:moon:   Mrs. William Pitt the Elder used to have to get up at three o'clock and go burrowing for truffles with the bridge of her nose. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

:moon:   Mrs. William Pitt the Elder used to have to get up at three o'clock and go burrowing for truffles with the bridge of her nose. 

I don't know. I was too busy talking to Big Nose. :geddy:

• Like 1