1. 1. Favorite Side A Song?

2. 2. Favorite Side B Song?

3. 3. Own This Album?

• On CD.
    • On Vinyl.
    • On both CD and Vinyl.
    • Planning to get it...
    • Not at this moment...

From this, my top third favorite song has been "the Camera Eye", only from this, second favorite has been "Vital Signs", and for third, "Yyz". I have this both on original vinyl, album, and c.d. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I voted for Limelight from side 1 and Vital Signs from side 2. But it's hard to decide!

I have this on the 2015 vinyl record reissue, and a 1981 Scandinavian original pressing, which is the only Moving Pictures pressing which has a gatefold, also sounds amazing good!

On CD, I have the 2011 version which is a part of the Sector Box Set. And also the 2011 Deluxe Edition which is the CD + a bonus DVD which has the 5.1 audio + a few music videos (Tom Sawyer, Limelight and Vital Signs). I have two of this CD, one still sealed! (Don't ask me why! It's the only sealed CD I got, I do not collect CDs the same way as vinyl records).

Limelight and Vital Signs (Could have easily chosen Red Barchetta instead)

Side One is perfection, Side two marginally let down for me by the New York and London sections of The Camera Eye being a little too repetitive.

Some powerful lyrics from Neil on this album, that helped to shape my world view as an adolescent. It saddens me that forces of bigotry and division seem to be in the ascendency on the world stage once again.

They say there are strangers who threaten us

Our immigrants and infidels

They say there is strangeness to danger us

In our theaters and bookstore shelves

That those who know what's best for us

Must rise and save us from ourselves

Quick to judge

Quick to anger

Slow to understand

Ignorance and prejudice

And fear walk hand in hand

• Like 2

Side One is perfection, Side two marginally let down for me by the New York and London sections of The Camera Eye being a little too repetitive.

Some powerful lyrics from Neil on this album, that helped to shape my world view as an adolescent. It saddens me that forces of bigotry and division seem to be in the ascendency on the world stage once again.

Those lyrics apply pretty universally to all political factions, these days especially.
  • Like 2

Those lyrics apply pretty universally to all political factions, these days especially.

Exactly goose. :cheers:

Agree with the poster that says Side 1 is perfection. really is one of the best sides of any single record that I can think of.

I bought the cassette of this around the time of release and never got another copy until cds became a thing.

eventually got in on vinyl with the latest vinyl reissues

• Like 1

Red Barchetta

The Camera Eye

Both CD an Vinyl (my first Rush Vinyl)