Have You Ever Met Neil Peart In Person?

_hi_water._

51 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever met Neil Peart in person?

Oh and one more thing! I am glad and proud to be a Rush Maniac.

I know many on the planet have seen Rush over 100 times. I'm at a solid 60.

But it's not always about the numbers.

I am not trying to sound pompous but I am the biggest Rush Fan on the Earth.

I even have proof. lol

I went to the Rush Induction in LA with my EX Wife.

We were walking to the venue and we bumped into Jack Blades from Night Ranger.

Well this is the Rushhead I wanted to be with when I met Neil.

I also totally love Night Ranger and I am friends with Brad Gillis.

So it's funny.

We bumped into Jack and we just started talking like I knew him for many years.

I was wearing my RASH Tee that night.

After I told him my name he's.... "Wow Earl great shirt, I bet you are stoked to see Rush get inducted!"

I said, "Heck yes dude, I am so pumped, it's about f***ing time!"

Jack laughed and said "I know well overdue."

I told Jack that I had seen RUSH 60 times since 1984.

Jack was blown away!

He said to me....

"Wow Earl, you are the world's biggest Rush fan! So I'm going in early right to watch soundcheck! I'm going to tell Geddy, Alex and Neil that their biggest fan is here to watch you get inducted!"

Jack was soooooooooo nice!!!

I will never forget that moment as long as I live!!!

I am very proud that my black California plate with yellow letters says N PEART.

I selected that personal plate over four years ago.

I love that I have Neil on my plate and I am going to keep this on all of my cars going forward.

I have 7 RUSH plates since 1986.

But the N PEART plate is so special to me.

You may think I'm crazy but it's soooooooo positive now. It's a homage to the greatest drummer and lyricist in the world.

When I am in my car people honk at me.

People wave to me. Give me devil horns.

I was at a gas station and a Rush fan couldn't believe my plate. He took a picture of it.

Some Rush fan saw my car parked in front of my brother's house.

She took a picture and put in on Facebook.

Telling everyone that it's an amazing homage.

So judge me all you want.

I know many of you on here love me.

As for those of you hate me and wish 73 would ban me?

That's your fuckking problem.

I'm awesome.

I'm good.

RUSH RULES!!!!!!!!!

Lovers embrace me.

Haters wanna face me?

Let's go?

I'm not scared of any of you bullies.

"The Enemy Within" is you.

I am of peaceful mind. Unless you idiots fuckk with me.

Just be cool and leave me alone. "Leave That Thing Alone."

Take care of yourself and your family.

Take care of your health and your safety.

If you hate me. Please just block me or put me on ignore.

I love my friends on here.

I'm a lucky soul.

I'm not a maniac JB.

I'm a man.

I'm in love again.

I like this guy and his comedic flavors, he's about as crazy as I'm.

Peace

• Like 1

Oh and one more thing! I am glad and proud to be a Rush Maniac.

I know many on the planet have seen Rush over 100 times. I'm at a solid 60.

But it's not always about the numbers.

I am not trying to sound pompous but I am the biggest Rush Fan on the Earth.

I even have proof. lol

I went to the Rush Induction in LA with my EX Wife.

We were walking to the venue and we bumped into Jack Blades from Night Ranger.

Well this is the Rushhead I wanted to be with when I met Neil.

I also totally love Night Ranger and I am friends with Brad Gillis.

So it's funny.

We bumped into Jack and we just started talking like I knew him for many years.

I was wearing my RASH Tee that night.

After I told him my name he's.... "Wow Earl great shirt, I bet you are stoked to see Rush get inducted!"

I said, "Heck yes dude, I am so pumped, it's about f***ing time!"

Jack laughed and said "I know well overdue."

I told Jack that I had seen RUSH 60 times since 1984.

Jack was blown away!

He said to me....

"Wow Earl, you are the world's biggest Rush fan! So I'm going in early right to watch soundcheck! I'm going to tell Geddy, Alex and Neil that their biggest fan is here to watch you get inducted!"

Jack was soooooooooo nice!!!

I will never forget that moment as long as I live!!!

I am very proud that my black California plate with yellow letters says N PEART.

I selected that personal plate over four years ago.

I love that I have Neil on my plate and I am going to keep this on all of my cars going forward.

I have 7 RUSH plates since 1986.

But the N PEART plate is so special to me.

You may think I'm crazy but it's soooooooo positive now. It's a homage to the greatest drummer and lyricist in the world.

When I am in my car people honk at me.

People wave to me. Give me devil horns.

I was at a gas station and a Rush fan couldn't believe my plate. He took a picture of it.

Some Rush fan saw my car parked in front of my brother's house.

She took a picture and put in on Facebook.

Telling everyone that it's an amazing homage.

So judge me all you want.

I know many of you on here love me.

As for those of you hate me and wish 73 would ban me?

That's your fuckking problem.

I'm awesome.

I'm good.

RUSH RULES!!!!!!!!!

Lovers embrace me.

Haters wanna face me?

Let's go?

I'm not scared of any of you bullies.

"The Enemy Within" is you.

I am of peaceful mind. Unless you idiots fuckk with me.

Just be cool and leave me alone. "Leave That Thing Alone."

Take care of yourself and your family.

Take care of your health and your safety.

If you hate me. Please just block me or put me on ignore.

I love my friends on here.

I'm a lucky soul.

I'm not a maniac JB.

I'm a man.

I'm in love again.

I like this guy and his comedic flavors, he's about as crazy as I'm.

Peace

Hahahaha! Thanks g under p!!!!! I wouldn't want to be any other way!!! Life would be boring!!!!

Peace and RUSH ON!

Earl

• Like 2

What does Motley Crüe have to do with meeting Neil. What happened here? How come we can never stay on track? Another hijacked thread...

The guy in post #74 started with the Motley Crue. Go back and read that and you’ll see how it detoured.

Hijacking is what I do. Been doing it since 2006!!! God Bless The Children Of The Beast! God Bless Nikki Sixx! LOL! A poem for you all.

• Like 3

Met him in an intimate setting the night after first of 2 shows at the Watergate hotel, in DC, May 1981. He was all smiles, as were the other two. Was really surreal and exciting. Had only ever saw them on album covers and magazines before. Wanted to go pass out somewhere after that.

Hiya, Gem!

Maybe I have you confused with another member, but I thought you were the one who was mad at Neil because he either ran away from you, or wasn't nice to you, or hid somewhere, when you approached him?

Met him in an intimate setting the night after first of 2 shows at the Watergate hotel, in DC, May 1981. He was all smiles, as were the other two. Was really surreal and exciting. Had only ever saw them on album covers and magazines before. Wanted to go pass out somewhere after that.

Hiya, Gem!

Maybe I have you confused with another member, but I thought you were the one who was mad at Neil because he either ran away from you, or wasn't nice to you, or hid somewhere, when you approached him?

Hiya Lorraine! There was a time he blew past me on his bmw, as going to backstage parking. Was just standing there, leaning against my Suzuki Hayabusa. Didnt even get a nod. Crazy timing to see him and his security friend racing into the venue. Did not expect. I do admit to feeling the pain of being ignored.

• Like 1

Hiya, Gem!

Hiya Lorraine! There was a time he blew past me on his bmw, as going to backstage parking. Was just standing there, leaning against my Suzuki Hayabusa. Didnt even get a nod. Crazy timing to see him and his security friend racing into the venue. Did not expect. I do admit to feeling the pain of being ignored.

That's right - I remember now.

In any event, it is good to see you here again. :)

• Like 1

Yep, I have, and it was totally unexpected.

My old lady and I are pass baggers. No, it has nothing to do with kidney stones - we love to visit mountain pass roads, both normal and 4x4, and smoke a fat joint there while reverently listening to an elite song (Natural Science, My God, Dogs, Pareidolla, Spiral Architect, Octavarium, 7empest, L'Enfant Sauvage, Are You Receiving Me?, The Kentucky Meat Shower, Heart of the Sunrise, etc.). Depending on the status of that particular state or province, other cool things may occur. A bit more on that below. Once, in a big hurry, we had to resort to a roach and Scuttle Buttin'. Many things are simply better at a mountain pass, I always say.

So, one lovely day earlier this century we were on Colorado 114, a great road we've named the Blaze Bayley Memorial Highway (yeah, I know...Blaze ain't dead, but that's what we bloody call it) that connects US 50 E of Gunnison with Saguache and the top of the exquisite San Luis Valley, the largest alpine valley on Earth. It's kick-ass country, to put it mildly. CO 114 crests the Continental Divide at North Cochetopa pass, and that's where my unexpected brush with uber-greatness occurred.

Driving a tiny RV, we pulled over at the pass and got royally baked on weapons-grade nugg, in this case Cinderella 99. She grabbed the camera and hobbled, injured from a car wreck, up the trail from the parking area in search of anything interesting to shoot. It turned out that the parking area was, at the moment, the local epicenter of interesting.

I looked to my left and noticed a lone fellow removing his motorcycle helmet and revealing an amusingly red, road-battered, happy face as he pulled a pack of smokes from his jacket pocket.

Strolling that way to say hey and check out the big, green pass sign, the leather-clad chap nodded an earnest greeting-with-smile and I did same. I immediately noticed the BMW logo on his bike, for my longtime best friend is a BMW fanatic (the 4-wheel variety - on a bike I suspect he'd be loudly and bloodily off to the Land of Wind and Ghosts within seconds).

The guy seemed familiar to me as I mentioned that the previous time I'd driven that pass, a truly harrowing experience, conditions were nowhere near as hospitable as we enjoyed that day. He replied, "Oh, really? Well, glad ya made it through." The earnest, pleasant smile remained.

BAM! It was like a mule kicked me in the nose, then shoved a drumstick up each nostril. Yeah, I recognized the face and another minute would have brought realization, but the voice is what did it.

I was standing next to Neil Peart, stoned off my ass, at a scenic, otherwise-deserted mountain pass. It's true, and it rhymes.

He clearly noticed that I'd recognized him and his aura, for lack of a better term, went from placid to guarded. It was quite interesting, really. I, generally unflappable and effective, was rendered utterly, uh, flapped and infantile. What to do? Even though it was far from my first brush with greatness in a rock and roll rampage dating to the late '70's, I felt like I was going to pass out. How should I handle handle such a diamond-studded, cold fusion-lookin' moment? T'was truly the mess and the magic. I was the mess, in case you were wondering.

First I turned to my right 90 degrees, toward the pass sign, and took a sidestep away, giving him more personal space. What to say? "The Continental Divide....ya gotta love that, man!" "Indeed," he elegantly and succinctly replied.

I looked over my shoulder for my girlfriend, hoping she could get in on the action. He followed my gaze, seemingly concerned that some more long non-awaited non-friends were about to burst from the treeline. Our RV was small, but one could stuff a bunch of redneck hippie stoner rock and roll degenerates like us in there. The seconds rolled by and a pregnant pause hung over us. Neil began to prepare to saddle up and I, most fortunately, figured out what in the hell to say.

Amazingly calmly and staring at the sign, not at him, I announced, "It is my carefully reasoned opinion that the lyrics to Natural Science rank as one of mankind's greatest artistic achievements. It's the Sistene Chapel in words on an album sleeve. The Krakatoa of allegory. 'Living in their pools they soon forget about the sea.' " I avoided second-person pronouns, keeping it indirect.

He seemed a bit surprised and suddenly more relaxed. With a wry, smoky grin he replied, "I'm sure the author appreciates that."

I thought of something else - "BUT, next to the sheer glory of side one of Hemispheres, it almost sucks, if that's even possible. Impressive." I did my best imitation of the nekkid, hedonistic feller standing on the brain, one leg cocked out and its same-side arm extended to him. "OH, WAIT! I goss-ta entirely disrobe!" I reached for the front of my jeans.

He laughed heartily in a little cloud of mountain breath. I can still see the shape of the cloud. It's funny how acute senses can sometimes be.

He snuffed his cigarette, conscientiously, of course, in a little container he carried, just as I always have (litterbugs suck) and grabbed his helmet. I made note of his responsible smoking and quipped "I bet that ain't how Axl Rose woulda done it." More laughter.

Frantically scanning my memory banks for one last thing to say, I gently pointed at him and said "Two final things." He stopped his preparations, paying attention like a gentleman. "One, you've made a real difference. Well done, sir! Two, I totally loved you on Gilligan's Island."

He laughed even harder. YOWZA! I scored! Laughter, my secret weapon, saves the day yet again. The odds of me being a dumbass there were surely about equal, at best, to being a boss. Good thing the stars were aligned and the gods weren't malign.

"Have a safe, wonderful trip," I blurted, voice still trembling a bit. "Same to you and whoever you have stashed in the forest," he replied.

I turned and walked away, wondering if I should turn and look back or just play it cool. There was no hope for the latter - next thing I knew I was close to the ground, knees bent in a full squat and arms over my head in a pose remarkably like that of the great Basil Fawlty after suffering vast, humiliating despair.

https://thiswastv.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/basil_hopping_mad.png

I was plain freakin' out.

After that sad-yet-valid spectacle, I somehow managed to get my cervical spine vertical again and looked at Neil. He was taking my picture with a flip phone, it seemed. Well, either that or he was looking at something on the display - my tenuous hold on consciousness made discerning which roundly impossible.

A minute later he was gone. Just after that another rider, similarly clad and equipped, whizzed by without stopping. I've no clue if they were associated. A few minutes later, my better half emerged from the woods to find me in a tizzy.

The notion that he photographed me sure added some zazz to reading those 3 relevant books - each time I turned the page I wondered if a photo of me doing the Basil Fawlty squat would explode onto my retinas. That occurred not. Bummer. I've still only made it a short way into the so-far-fantastic Traveling Music, so I guess there's still hope of a mention, somehow, but I ain't holdin' my breath. I guess the odds are better than they were in that scary Africa bicycle book, tho.

I've met many devil music dignitaries, even partying with a few. This oh-so brief crossing of paths, however, ranks at the top, no question. Neil Peart is arguably the most important individual in rock history, for he single-handedly changed things to an extent very close to singularly exclusive. EVH would be in that class as a guitarist, but he lacks the multifaceted might of The Professor, who just as an author was a monster.

The tiny taste of his personality was fascinating. He was so content in the crisp alpine air before stiffening up when he got "made," yet he still eased into a plenty affable state when the interaction moved in a cool direction. It couldn't have lasted more than 100 seconds, yet was staggeringly rich in nuance and cool vibe, kind of like....wow....Neil's drumming. And lyrics. And writing. Go figure, eh?

On subsequent trips to Colorado and anywhere else that potentially crossed paths with Neil's shunpiking, I was a few times able to position us in places between shows that at least increased the odds of a repeat near-coronary. I even wore the same clothes and hat and I've no doubt that scalpel-sharp guy would have recognized me, especially after I quickly stripped and did the Hemispheres thing for him proper-like.

Due to low odds of success and logistical concerns, I stopped short of bringing a big brain on which to stand.

Alas, that never happened, but one guy who looked a lot like Neil and rode a similar bike sure was rattled when he happened to pull into our scenic stakeout spot only to have my large frame dashing at him, mouth agape, eyes immense, arms outstretched, and skin pale as toilet paper from shock. "Sorry, dude.....I thought you wuz someone else."

We're on a quest to have me experience 10 cool things guys like me fancy in each of the 50 USA states and 13 Canadian provinces and territories. Of 630 boxes to check we've managed just under 300 in what may be the coolest mission in history. It started with 1 thing and snowballed to 10. I suggested adding an 11th thing - accidently dumbstumble into meeting Neil Peart - but we decided that a tad farfetched and just stuck with the already-demanding 10.

Nunavut is gonna be interesting.

R.I.P. Neil. Thanks.

• Like 8

My old lady and I are pass baggers. No, it has nothing to do with kidney stones - we love to visit mountain pass roads, both normal and 4x4, and smoke a fat joint there while reverently listening to an elite song (Natural Science, My God, Dogs, Pareidolla, Spiral Architect, Octavarium, 7empest, L'Enfant Sauvage, Are You Receiving Me?, The Kentucky Meat Shower, Heart of the Sunrise, etc.). Depending on the status of that particular state or province, other cool things may occur. A bit more on that below. Once, in a big hurry, we had to resort to a roach and Scuttle Buttin'. Many things are simply better at a mountain pass, I always say.

So, one lovely day earlier this century we were on Colorado 114, a great road we've named the Blaze Bayley Memorial Highway (yeah, I know...Blaze ain't dead, but that's what we bloody call it) that connects US 50 E of Gunnison with Saguache and the top of the exquisite San Luis Valley, the largest alpine valley on Earth. It's kick-ass country, to put it mildly. CO 114 crests the Continental Divide at North Cochetopa pass, and that's where my unexpected brush with uber-greatness occurred.

Driving a tiny RV, we pulled over at the pass and got royally baked on weapons-grade nugg, in this case Cinderella 99. She grabbed the camera and hobbled, injured from a car wreck, up the trail from the parking area in search of anything interesting to shoot. It turned out that the parking area was, at the moment, the local epicenter of interesting.

I looked to my left and noticed a lone fellow removing his motorcycle helmet and revealing an amusingly red, road-battered, happy face as he pulled a pack of smokes from his jacket pocket.

Strolling that way to say hey and check out the big, green pass sign, the leather-clad chap nodded an earnest greeting-with-smile and I did same. I immediately noticed the BMW logo on his bike, for my longtime best friend is a BMW fanatic (the 4-wheel variety - on a bike I suspect he'd be loudly and bloodily off to the Land of Wind and Ghosts within seconds).

The guy seemed familiar to me as I mentioned that the previous time I'd driven that pass, a truly harrowing experience, conditions were nowhere near as hospitable as we enjoyed that day. He replied, "Oh, really? Well, glad ya made it through." The earnest, pleasant smile remained.

BAM! It was like a mule kicked me in the nose, then shoved a drumstick up each nostril. Yeah, I recognized the face and another minute would have brought realization, but the voice is what did it.

I was standing next to Neil Peart, stoned off my ass, at a scenic, otherwise-deserted mountain pass. It's true, and it rhymes.

He clearly noticed that I'd recognized him and his aura, for lack of a better term, went from placid to guarded. It was quite interesting, really. I, generally unflappable and effective, was rendered utterly, uh, flapped and infantile. What to do? Even though it was far from my first brush with greatness in a rock and roll rampage dating to the late '70's, I felt like I was going to pass out. How should I handle handle such a diamond-studded, cold fusion-lookin' moment? T'was truly the mess and the magic. I was the mess, in case you were wondering.

First I turned to my right 90 degrees, toward the pass sign, and took a sidestep away, giving him more personal space. What to say? "The Continental Divide....ya gotta love that, man!" "Indeed," he elegantly and succinctly replied.

I looked over my shoulder for my girlfriend, hoping she could get in on the action. He followed my gaze, seemingly concerned that some more long non-awaited non-friends were about to burst from the treeline. Our RV was small, but one could stuff a bunch of redneck hippie stoner rock and roll degenerates like us in there. The seconds rolled by and a pregnant pause hung over us. Neil began to prepare to saddle up and I, most fortunately, figured out what in the hell to say.

Amazingly calmly and staring at the sign, not at him, I announced, "It is my carefully reasoned opinion that the lyrics to Natural Science rank as one of mankind's greatest artistic achievements. It's the Sistene Chapel in words on an album sleeve. The Krakatoa of allegory. 'Living in their pools they soon forget about the sea.' " I avoided second-person pronouns, keeping it indirect.

He seemed a bit surprised and suddenly more relaxed. With a wry, smoky grin he replied, "I'm sure the author appreciates that."

I thought of something else - "BUT, next to the sheer glory of side one of Hemispheres, it almost sucks, if that's even possible. Impressive." I did my best imitation of the nekkid, hedonistic feller standing on the brain, one leg cocked out and its same-side arm extended to him. "OH, WAIT! I goss-ta entirely disrobe!" I reached for the front of my jeans.

He laughed heartily in a little cloud of mountain breath. I can still see the shape of the cloud. It's funny how acute senses can sometimes be.

He snuffed his cigarette, conscientiously, of course, in a little container he carried, just as I always have (litterbugs suck) and grabbed his helmet. I made note of his responsible smoking and quipped "I bet that ain't how Axl Rose woulda done it." More laughter.

Frantically scanning my memory banks for one last thing to say, I gently pointed at him and said "Two final things." He stopped his preparations, paying attention like a gentleman. "One, you've made a real difference. Well done, sir! Two, I totally loved you on Gilligan's Island."

He laughed even harder. YOWZA! I scored! Laughter, my secret weapon, saves the day yet again. The odds of me being a dumbass there were surely about equal, at best, to being a boss. Good thing the stars were aligned and the gods weren't malign.

"Have a safe, wonderful trip," I blurted, voice still trembling a bit. "Same to you and whoever you have stashed in the forest," he replied.

I turned and walked away, wondering if I should turn and look back or just play it cool. There was no hope for the latter - next thing I knew I was close to the ground, knees bent in a full squat and arms over my head in a pose remarkably like that of the great Basil Fawlty after suffering vast, humiliating despair.

https://thiswastv.fi...hopping_mad.png

After that sad-yet-valid spectacle, I somehow managed to get my cervical spine vertical again and looked at Neil. He was taking my picture with a flip phone, it seemed. Well, either that or he was looking at something on the display - my tenuous hold on consciousness made discerning which roundly impossible.

A minute later he was gone. Just after that another rider, similarly clad and equipped, whizzed by without stopping. I've no clue if they were associated. A few minutes later, my better half emerged from the woods to find me in a tizzy.

The notion that he photographed me sure added some zazz to reading those 3 relevant books - each time I turned the page I wondered if a photo of me doing the Basil Fawlty squat would explode onto my retinas. That occurred not. Bummer. I've still only made it a short way into the so-far-fantastic Traveling Music, so I guess there's still hope of a mention, somehow, but I ain't holdin' my breath. I guess the odds are better than they were in that scary Africa bicycle book, tho.

I've met many devil music dignitaries, even partying with a few. This oh-so brief crossing of paths, however, ranks at the top, no question. Neil Peart is arguably the most important individual in rock history, for he single-handedly changed things to an extent very close to singularly exclusive. EVH would be in that class as a guitarist, but he lacks the multifaceted might of The Professor, who just as an author was a monster.

The tiny taste of his personality was fascinating. He was so content in the crisp alpine air before stiffening up when he got "made," yet he still eased into a plenty affable state when the interaction moved in a cool direction. It couldn't have lasted more than 100 seconds, yet was staggeringly rich in nuance and cool vibe, kind of like....wow....Neil's drumming. And lyrics. And writing. Go figure, eh?

On subsequent trips to Colorado and anywhere else that potentially crossed paths with Neil's shunpiking, I was a few times able to position us in places between shows that at least increased the odds of a repeat near-coronary. I even wore the same clothes and hat and I've no doubt that scalpel-sharp guy would have recognized me, especially after I quickly stripped and did the Hemispheres thing for him proper-like.

Due to low odds of success and logistical concerns, I stopped short of bringing a big brain on which to stand.

Alas, that never happened, but one guy who looked a lot like Neil and rode a similar bike sure was rattled when he happened to pull into our scenic stakeout spot only to have my large frame dashing at him, mouth agape, eyes immense, arms outstretched, and skin pale as toilet paper from shock. "Sorry, dude.....I thought you wuz someone else."

We're on a quest to have me experience 10 cool things guys like me fancy in each of the 50 USA states and 13 Canadian provinces and territories. Of 630 boxes to check we've managed just under 300 in what may be the coolest mission in history. It started with 1 thing and snowballed to 10. I suggested adding an 11th thing - accidently dumbstumble into meeting Neil Peart - but we decided that a tad farfetched and just stuck with the already-demanding 10.

R.I.P. Neil. Thanks.

Hahahaha! Welcome! I love your sense of humor!!! "Pass Baggers... No nothing to do with kidney stones." Classic!

Haha! The Professor on Gilligan's Island. Love it.

Incredible story!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

RUSH ON!!

R.I.P. Neil. Thanks.

Hahahaha! Welcome! I love your sense of humor!!! "Pass Baggers... No nothing to do with kidney stones." Classic!

RUSH ON!!

Earl did you ever meet Ozzy and Gary Moore when they were feuding in the 80's? Ozzy said that Gary had a face like a welder's bench!

R.I.P. Neil. Thanks.

RUSH ON!!

Earl did you ever meet Ozzy and Gary Moore when they were feuding in the 80's? Ozzy said that Gary had a face like a welder's bench!

Well to be fair, he did......

Thanks, Earl, glad you liked it.

As for the Ozzy/Gary Moore thing, I was just talking about that the other day, recalling a blurb in a magazine like Hit Parader back then that read, I believe, "John Sykes says Gary Moore is the greatest guitarist who ever lived. Ozzy says he's an ugly, nasty kunt."

While I suppose both can be true, that seems to be quite the difference in perspective. When Moore died, Ozzy was nothing but respectful and complimentary. Life is often a trip.

• Like 1

R.I.P. Neil. Thanks.

RUSH ON!!

Well to be fair, he did......

If only he hadn't been hit with that bottle...

Thanks, Earl, glad you liked it.

As for the Ozzy/Gary Moore thing, I was just talking about that the other day, recalling a blurb in a magazine like Hit Parader back then that read, I believe, "John Sykes says Gary Moore is the greatest guitarist who ever lived. Ozzy says he's an ugly, nasty kunt."

While I suppose both can be true, that seems to be quite the difference in perspective. When Moore died, Ozzy was nothing but respectful and complimentary. Life is often a trip.

Welcome!!!