Have You Ever Met Neil Peart In Person?

_hi_water._

51 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever met Neil Peart in person?

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Earl met him and begged for an autographed picture but all he got was a fistful of Neil shirt that he ripped off him...

Don’t forget some Neil chest hairs that he got during that shirt ripping!

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Make Neil sensitive again

Earl has the hair collected in a little bag. He sniffs it twice a day, it's like his cocaine!

From what Earl is saying about his recent good fortunes in the romance stakes, it's more than that he's sniffing!!

Earl doesn't like them to smell though, he prefers them smelling of roses.

Hahahaha! You guys are killing me. So funny! Thanks for the laughs! I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Yes Pat, it's true. Lisa does smell like roses. She's sweet from head to toe. Cotton Candy Sugar.

Bliss.

Lisa? Is that another new one??

Blimey! I'm losing track! Earl must be sprinkling powdered rhino horn on his cornflakes!

HAHAHAHAHA! "Powdered rhino horn!" Never heard that one! Could you imagine the power of powdered unicorn horn? LOL!!!

You’d blow in about 6 seconds!!!

And from what you’ve said in the past, that’s about twice as long as your usual!

For me buddy it's all about "TEN SECONDS TO LOVE!"

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

She kickstarts my heart every time!

"Dr. Feelgood"

No Earl, there's only two good CRUE albums and that's Shout at the Devil and one of the ones either side of it, Theatre of Pain I think. Dr Feelgood should be called Dr Soundsbad!

• Like 1

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Earl met him and begged for an autographed picture but all he got was a fistful of Neil shirt that he ripped off him...

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Earl has the hair collected in a little bag. He sniffs it twice a day, it's like his cocaine!

From what Earl is saying about his recent good fortunes in the romance stakes, it's more than that he's sniffing!!

Hahahaha! You guys are killing me. So funny! Thanks for the laughs! I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Yes Pat, it's true. Lisa does smell like roses. She's sweet from head to toe. Cotton Candy Sugar.

Bliss.

Blimey! I'm losing track! Earl must be sprinkling powdered rhino horn on his cornflakes!

HAHAHAHAHA! "Powdered rhino horn!" Never heard that one! Could you imagine the power of powdered unicorn horn? LOL!!!

And from what you’ve said in the past, that’s about twice as long as your usual!

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

Crue are f***ing mince.....saw them once way back in the 80s...gawdz, they were terrible, even back then Vince sounded like a strangled cat.

• Like 3

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

Crue and their always thoughtful lyrics which make you use your head...just not the one on your shoulders.

Hahahaha!!! I love it! I am a Motley Fool! I'm always thinking with my other head anyway. I love MOTLEY CRUE!

• Like 1

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

Crue and their always thoughtful lyrics which make you use your head...just not the one on your shoulders.

Hahahaha!!! I love it! I am a Motley Fool! I'm always thinking with my other head anyway. I love MOTLEY CRUE!

Motley Tool?

• Like 2

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

No Earl, there's only two good CRUE albums and that's Shout at the Devil and one of the ones either side of it, Theatre of Pain I think. Dr Feelgood should be called Dr Soundsbad!

Wait Pat! What? I love the production of "Feelgood!" Dude! Of course!! "Too Fast For Love" "Shout At The Devil" and "Theatre Of Pain" are KILLER!!! I love "Dr. Feelgood." I get that it was more of an MTV polished sound, but I love that record!!

Yes! After that it's hit or miss. I can't stand that CRUE record with Corabi. Yuck!! I can't stand "Generation Swine." Horrific album. The St. Anger Crue album.

Now I did like "New Tattoo." Randy Castillo on drums! I believe the drummer from HOLE played in Crue during that tour. She did a great job!

"Saints From Los Angeles" is excellent!!! Come on Pat!

• Like 1

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

Motley Tool?

Motley Cool!

• Like 2

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

Crue are f***ing mince.....saw them once way back in the 80s...gawdz, they were terrible, even back then Vince sounded like a strangled cat.

That’s when they’re on their A-game!

• Like 2

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

Oh come on Fridge! Chill out! Get it? LOL!

You are lucky you saw them in the early 80's!!!

I know Vince has always been getting shit for his vocals. Even Nikki said.... "Vince doesn't have the best voice in the world but he gets us all the chicks." Crue was a fuckking Sweet Pussy Machine.

Party Animals. "The Dirt" is a great read and an incredible flick! Seen it four times.

Ok all you Motley Crue Haters!

Here is a story for you all!! Even yours truly crushed Vince's Ego once.

So I was in Las Vegas with my ex wife. She was in a CPA seminar with her mom all morning long. Well I got my ass up at 1 pm after a wonderful night of gambling, partying and f**k--ing like a rock star.

I'm bored and slightly hung over.

I text the Ex to skip out of the seminar and meet me for lunch.

She did.

After that we went over to The Wynn to hit some slot machines. The Wynn was brand new back then. I still love going there.

Anyway I hit a 500 dollar jackpot on a machine called the Avalanche.

So we went downstairs to the bar to celebrate. We had an ice cold beer outside by this big fake lake in 110 degree heat.

Upon coming back into the bar my ex says.... "Earl look! It's Vince Neil over by the bar!"

I was like "Holy Shit!" Vince looked good back then. Not the Butterball Turkey he resembles today. He was tan and wearing a Hawaiian short sleeve button up shirt.

So you know me. I have balls. (Well except when I couldn't speak when I met Neil.)

I walk up to Vince and I say...... "Vince!! Earl Ramer! Great to meet you! I fuckking love Motley Crue! Always have from day one!" Vince smiled, shook my hand and said "Thanks dude."

I then said.... "Vince! I don't give a shit what anyone says! I still think your vocals kick ass!!!!!!!!"

Well that was foolish. Vince looked at me, then looked down at the floor and shook his head. I had damaged his fragile EGO.

I said.... "Oh shit Vince, I didn't mean it like that! I am so sorry!"

I went up to him and gave Vince a hug. He hugged me back and said "Don't worry about it dude."

I said "Thanks!" Then Ex and I walked away!

I felt bad, but Vince was still very cool.

• Like 2

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

Exactly!!!!! I'm jealous!!!

I was too damn young to see Motley in the beginning live!

I remember Motley Crue opened up for Y&T out here at the Concord Pavilion at the HALLOWEEN BASH!!! I missed it!

Then the next HALLOWEEN BASH at the Concord Pavilion Y&T opened for Motley Crue! LOL!

I was supposed to go to the "Theatre Of Pain" gig in Oakland but I had to work at Safeway!!! I made a lot of money when I was very young but I missed 100s of concerts back then during my Safeway Daze.

I've made up for since though.

I've seen every Crue Tour from "Dr. Feelgood" until the so called end. I had tix to see Crue this summer. SF and San Diego. Hoping the can play next September!!! I do worry about Vince and Mick.

The Motley rhythm section is fine!

• Like 1

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

I remember Motley Crue opened up for Y&T out here at the Concord Pavilion at the HALLOWEEN BASH!!! I missed it!

Then the next HALLOWEEN BASH at the Concord Pavilion Y&T opened for Motley Crue! LOL!

I was supposed to go to the "Theatre Of Pain" gig in Oakland but I had to work at Safeway!!! I made a lot of money when I was very young but I missed 100s of concerts back then during my Safeway Daze.

I've seen every Crue Tour from "Dr. Feelgood" until the so called end. I had tix to see Crue this summer. SF and San Diego. Hoping the can play next September!!! I do worry about Vince and Mick.

You misread what I wrote, Earl. I was agreeing with Fridge in that they were terrible - - when they were on their A-game! :LOL:

• Like 4

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

I know Vince has always been getting shit for his vocals. Even Nikki said.... "Vince doesn't have the best voice in the world but he gets us all the chicks." Crue was a fuckking Sweet Pussy Machine.

Party Animals. "The Dirt" is a great read and an incredible flick! Seen it four times.

So I was in Las Vegas with my ex wife. She was in a CPA seminar with her mom all morning long. Well I got my ass up at 1 pm after a wonderful night of gambling, partying and f**k--ing like a rock star.

She did.

After that we went over to The Wynn to hit some slot machines. The Wynn was brand new back then. I still love going there.

So we went downstairs to the bar to celebrate. We had an ice cold beer outside by this big fake lake in 110 degree heat.

Upon coming back into the bar my ex says.... "Earl look! It's Vince Neil over by the bar!"

I was like "Holy Shit!" Vince looked good back then. Not the Butterball Turkey he resembles today. He was tan and wearing a Hawaiian short sleeve button up shirt.

So you know me. I have balls. (Well except when I couldn't speak when I met Neil.)

I walk up to Vince and I say...... "Vince!! Earl Ramer! Great to meet you! I fuckking love Motley Crue! Always have from day one!" Vince smiled, shook my hand and said "Thanks dude."

I then said.... "Vince! I don't give a shit what anyone says! I still think your vocals kick ass!!!!!!!!"

Well that was foolish. Vince looked at me, then looked down at the floor and shook his head. I had damaged his fragile EGO.

I went up to him and gave Vince a hug. He hugged me back and said "Don't worry about it dude."

A good buddy of mine worked at a pricy steakhouse in Caesar’s - always saw Vince there. Said he was very nice. Kevin Dubrow would come in too- coked outta his noggin.

• Like 2

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

She did.

A good buddy of mine worked at a pricy steakhouse in Caesar’s - always saw Vince there. Said he was very nice. Kevin Dubrow would come in too- coked outta his noggin.

Coke and fine steaks - a true rock star’s life! :P

((Joking aside, it was pretty sad how Dubrow died and how he was found))

• Like 2

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

Try this Earl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCjF5QIalPs

• Like 1

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

Wait Pat! What? I love the production of "Feelgood!" Dude! Of course!! "Too Fast For Love" "Shout At The Devil" and "Theatre Of Pain" are KILLER!!! I love "Dr. Feelgood." I get that it was more of an MTV polished sound, but I love that record!!

Yes! After that it's hit or miss. I can't stand that CRUE record with Corabi. Yuck!! I can't stand "Generation Swine." Horrific album. The St. Anger Crue album.

Now I did like "New Tattoo." Randy Castillo on drums! I believe the drummer from HOLE played in Crue during that tour. She did a great job!

Nah Earl they ran out of good songs by the late 80's. It was over mate, over and out. I prefer Vince Neil's solo album Exposed to any Crue stuff after Shout at the Devil.

• Like 2

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

You misread what I wrote, Earl. I was agreeing with Fridge in that they were terrible - - when they were on their A-game! :LOL:

UGH! Killing me Smalls.

• Like 1

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

She did.

Wow 1973! Good stories! I met Kevin after Quiet Riot played at a small club by my house. This was probably 16 years ago. Everybody in the band was nice.

Kevin and I had a connection. At the time we were both using Terrible Ted's Records in Goldmine Magazine. Kevin and I both have/had the Japanese CD Addiction so he was very nice and down to earth with me. He was not on drugs that night. So sad that he is gone. Now Frankie too.

• Like 3

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

Nah Earl they ran out of good songs by the late 80's. It was over mate, over and out. I prefer Vince Neil's solo album Exposed to any Crue stuff after Shout at the Devil.

I understand you point of view. However I love every record through FEELGOOD.

"Exposed" is EXCELLENT! I LOVE THAT RECORD!!!!!!! STEVE STEVENS BABY!!!!! Vince's next record sucked ass.

I love Steve's Atomic Playboys too.

• Like 2

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

Try this Earl:

Damnit! Unavailable.

• Like 1

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

I understand you point of view. However I love every record through FEELGOOD.

"Exposed" is EXCELLENT! I LOVE THAT RECORD!!!!!!! STEVE STEVENS BABY!!!!! Vince's next record sucked ass.

I love Steve's Atomic Playboys too.

Steve Stevens blew Mick Mars...to MARS! Now you know why he's really called Mick Mars!

• Like 1

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

Try this Earl:

Damnit! Unavailable.

It's an interview with Neil about how he came up with the drum parts to Freewill and they show a couple drumming sections from the song, the guitar solo section is cool. You may have seen this already, there's quite a few videos, pretty much all the songs they played on the Time Machine tour.

• Like 1

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

UGH! Killing me Smalls.

This is as bad as you can get:

http://youtu.be/gyyDDAiz-a4

• Like 1

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

UGH! Killing me Smalls.

There's not much to cover up how terrible those vocals sound on their own in that video. Is there any hope the audience might not have noticed how bad it is? I mean...I get that Vince doesn't want to call it quits, but his voice is not in shape at all. He needs to get his breath support back and try to get at least a couple legible syllables in each verse.

• Like 1

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

UGH! Killing me Smalls.

There's not much to cover up how terrible those vocals sound on their own in that video. Is there any hope the audience might not have noticed how bad it is? I mean...I get that Vince doesn't want to call it quits, but his voice is not in shape at all. He needs to get his breath support back and try to get at least a couple legible syllables in each verse.

That's the club singer version.

• Like 2

Only in my dreams

"In My Dreams"

DOKKEN

Scars of pleasure

scars of pain

RUSHHEAD Ramer stalking

Bliss.

That's all I need!

Signed,

MOTLEY CRUE

"She Goes Down"

"Sticky Sweet"

"Rattlesnake Shake"

"She Goes Down"

All true.

"Dr. Feelgood"

UGH! Killing me Smalls.

I didn’t like his voice 30-35 years ago but at least then I didn’t think it was embarrassing.

I’d gladly walk out of that gig no matter how much money I paid as a fan.

• Like 2