Have You Ever Met Neil Peart In Person?

_hi_water._

51 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever met Neil Peart in person?

No.

But reading Neil's books, many times, I feel as if I have. Does that count?

I would add that reading his books, I have always wished there was a summary of the strangers who met him. How shallow is that? But I still wish there was.

I have read many motorcycle travel stories, old and new. He put out as many miles as some "around the world bikers" did, in a single concert tour. He was a distance-gobbler.

...I checked "What kind of poll is this? LOL".

It just doesn't feel very lol :(

• Like 1

No.

I would add that reading his books, I have always wished there was a summary of the strangers who met him. How shallow is that? But I still wish there was.

I have read many motorcycle travel stories, old and new. He put out as many miles as some "around the world bikers" did, in a single concert tour. He was a distance-gobbler.

uh...

um..

yeah I guess it isn't a lol

No.

uh...

um..

time to remove the "LOL"

No.

uh...

um..

time to remove the "LOL"

The LOL should have stayed.

lol

• Like 1

41 Minutes? Not a math wizz...
  • Like 2

Neil Peart was a talented drummer, lyricist, author, and philanthropist.

I've also learned a lot of things about specific educational subjects from interviews he's done.

However even if I had the opportunity to meet him before he passed on, I'd turn it down.

He wouldn't be the type of individual that I would hit it off with.

There was character flaws about him in a way, but then again no one is perfect.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 4

Anyone care to take bets on how long before Earl shows up?

Hahaha! You are hilarious! I didn't even see your post when I so briskly typed my cliche comment. lol

That moment in time meeting Neil by his bus on the "Vapor Trails" Tour in Concord California will live with me forever....................

I prefer "61 Seconds."

Signed,

The Outfield

Play Deep Dude

Not only did I meet Neil on the Vapor Trails Tour, I also followed his tour bus down Treat Blvd in Walnut Creek Ca into Concord Ca. I can't remember the tour but I had my daughter Zoe in the backseat. I think it was "Snakes And Arrows" Tour. I followed his bus all the way to the Pavilion. I was on the fuckking cell phone with NOBODY'S HERO! It was Cindy from Colorado!!!

I called her while following Neil's bus! She was typing everything I said onto this very forum as I was right behind the bus and motorcycle trailer. For all I know Neil probably wasn't even on the fuckking bus.

But there I was in all of my "Everyday Glory!" High speeding it behind Neil. My license plate at the time was YY2112Z.

I was that fuckking maniac JB. I remember speeding up Ygancio Vally Road to the Concord Pavilion. Talking to Cindy Nobody's Hero! I miss her by the way! Poor little Zoe was in the backseat keeping cool.

I drove up past Neil's bus. I moved over into the fast lane and passed the bus. I honked and cut the bus off hoping the driver would see my license plate.

In a few minutes the driver made a hard right into the Pavilion parking lot and drove up the hill to the backstage parking lot.

Not sure if I ever told anyone on here this story. Yep!! Another incredible memory. You can judge me all you want.

I am fuckking lucky mother truckers.

RUSH FOREVER!

• Like 1

Very lucky human. You put a ton of your energy, passion and even money into something you truly love and I know it comes back to you in a positive way.

You just can't take in life. You have to give!!

I've met Neil once.

Alex of course a few times on the Wine Train Tour with my amazing friends on here.

I've met Geddy twice.

On the train and then a year later at a Blue Jay game in Toronto sitting in the diamond seats.

I was right next to Geddy, his son and grandson.

Geddy and I made eye contact and of course I was wearing all of my Oakland A's gear. Rickey Henderson Jersey.

Geddy smiled and nodded at me.

Geddy and I had a few wonderful conversations about our passion and love for baseball.

See you Rush fans?

If you have another connection with someone who you admire in a rock band they will gravitate to you and actually talk to you.

Fuckking idiot Rush fans who meet the boys just slobber and hero worship them for their music?

Nope!

That's not the way to truly meet one of your music heroes.

All I wanted to to tell Neil when I met him by his bus was.... "Thank you Neil, I've been playing the drums for 30 years thanks to you." Then I would have walked away.

But for the first time in my life I was starstruck. So stupid of me.

I've met so many rock stars, pro athletes, actors and actresses in my life and was always open and cool.

Neil as my mentor made me lose my tongue.

Yet I will always cherish that moment. Gazing into his black coal eyes and red bloated face. Slick, oily back hair. Dressed in black from head to toe.

He looked like Johnny Fuckkin Cash. "The Big Money" baby.

For the first time in my life I was intimidated.

Deer in headlights.

Fuckking Mexican Standoff.

I felt like I was in a Tarantino movie. It was a hot summer dusk night. The pavement was warm.

I could see the sweat on Neil's brow.

Was it high noon in a some western movie? Howard Hawks? John Carpenter?

Whatever.

RUSH is my band. They will be for the rest of my life.

Thank God, The Universe and just Everything that I can play my drums to every Rush Record. Well not "Vapor Trails." YUCK!

Funny that was the tour I met Neil on.

Silence can be golden.

Epic!!!

No band on the planet will ever touch RUSH. Nothing even comes close.

RUSH ON!!! FOREVER!!!!!!

• Like 1

You are funny! You know my parents and all of my relatives are from Jersey!!!

Bloomfield and Clifton!

I was born in SF in 1968 but I still have Jersey Blood!!

No wonder I have no fuckking filter. LOL!

RUSH RULES!!!!!

NEIL PEART FOREVER!!!!!

I prefer "61 Seconds."

Signed,

The Outfield

Play Deep Dude

Not only did I meet Neil on the Vapor Trails Tour, I also followed his tour bus down Treat Blvd in Walnut Creek Ca into Concord Ca. I can't remember the tour but I had my daughter Zoe in the backseat. I think it was "Snakes And Arrows" Tour. I followed his bus all the way to the Pavilion. I was on the fuckking cell phone with NOBODY'S HERO! It was Cindy from Colorado!!!

I called her while following Neil's bus! She was typing everything I said onto this very forum as I was right behind the bus and motorcycle trailer. For all I know Neil probably wasn't even on the fuckking bus.

But there I was in all of my "Everyday Glory!" High speeding it behind Neil. My license plate at the time was YY2112Z.

I was that fuckking maniac JB. I remember speeding up Ygancio Vally Road to the Concord Pavilion. Talking to Cindy Nobody's Hero! I miss her by the way! Poor little Zoe was in the backseat keeping cool.

I drove up past Neil's bus. I moved over into the fast lane and passed the bus. I honked and cut the bus off hoping the driver would see my license plate.

In a few minutes the driver made a hard right into the Pavilion parking lot and drove up the hill to the backstage parking lot.

Not sure if I ever told anyone on here this story. Yep!! Another incredible memory. You can judge me all you want.

I am fuckking lucky mother truckers.

RUSH FOREVER!

Probably wasn’t on the bus as he was often known to have ridden his bike to the arenas. At least you stalked the bus driver! :P

• Like 2

You are funny! You know my parents and all of my relatives are from Jersey!!!

Bloomfield and Clifton!

I was born in SF in 1968 but I still have Jersey Blood!!

No wonder I have no fuckking filter. LOL!

RUSH RULES!!!!!

NEIL PEART FOREVER!!!!!

Earl do you talk like MAX from Hart to Hart? IT WAS MOIDER!