You can either listen to your favorite album by your favorite artist, or all their other albums but not your favorite.

Entre_Perpetuo

Your favorite or the rest of them?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you choose?

• Keep my favorite, ditch the rest.
    • Ditch my favorite, keep the rest.

Gun to your head, you have to choose to only listen to either your favorite album by your favorite artist or all of their other albums but not your favorite for the rest of your life. This is not excluding you from listening to other artists entire discographies. Would you keep your favorite and chuck the catalogue, or keep the rest of the catalogue and say goodbye to your favorite?

well it was gun to head so...

Well, if that's the choice, gun to head w accompanying shot is the clear choice over a life with repetitive listens to "The Royal Scam" by Steely Dan.

Ditch the favorite over ditch the rest is the clear choice in the actual poll though.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

Gun to your head, you have to choose to only listen to either your favorite album by your favorite artist or all of their other albums but not your favorite for the rest of your life. This is not excluding you from listening to other artists entire discographies. Would you keep your favorite and chuck the catalogue, or keep the rest of the catalogue and say goodbye to your favorite?

I would easily ditch Permanent Waves to keep all the rest.

• Like 2

I think if I had to choose between A Farewell To Kings vs. the rest of Rush's catalogue I would have a really hard time.

• Like 1

I don`t need to have a copy of VH`s Fair Warning to listen to it from Mean Street thru One Foot Out The Door, and I could easily spend 31 minutes doing just that in my head. I know the cover and everything perfectly too, so yeah, I could ditch it and then I`d have everything I don`t comprehensively know as well too.
  • Like 2

Well, if that's the choice, gun to head w accompanying shot is the clear choice over a life with repetitive listens to "The Royal Scam" by Steely Dan.

Ditch the favorite over ditch the rest is the clear choice in the actual poll though.

oh you wound me, lol

more for me.

Mick

• Like 3

Rush has so many great albums, if AFTK went away, eventually I'd forget how awesome "Xanadu" was . . .

I'd still rather have I, III, IV, TSRTS, and Presence than PG, but it'd hurt.

If I lost Animals, I'd still have ObC, Meddle, WYWH, usw.

No Somewhere in Time? Eh, that might actually be hard.

Lose Master of Puppets, still have the rest

Foxtrot vs. the Field? Yikes; that, too, might be tough.

I would probably take Aqualung over the rest . . . maybe?

I'm trying to think if any of my "favorite" bands are sort of one-album wonders, and I don't think so.

• Like 2

see the glory

of the royal blam........ :smoke:

• Like 2

Pretty easy if you're favorite has a large catalog of good albums i.e Rush, Zep, Sabbath, Floyd et.al. Drop your favorite and you're still listening to a bunch of good shit with plenty of variety.
  • Like 1

Blind Faith, Derek And The Dominos, Boston, Guns n Roses, Hendrix (possibly) would be the bands that I listen to to which I would chose the favorite album as to opposed to the remainder of the catalogue. Should be an easy decision for most.

I love Caress Of Steel but no chance I would chose that over every other album. Plus I can always pick up my guitar and play most of it anyway if need be.

This would be very easy for Moving Pictures fans as you could always listen to the Time Machine CD instead

• Like 1

Blind Faith, Derek And The Dominos, Boston, Guns n Roses, Hendrix (possibly) would be the bands that I listen to to which I would chose the favorite album as to opposed to the remainder of the catalogue. Should be an easy decision for most.

I love Caress Of Steel but no chance I would chose that over every other album. Plus I can always pick up my guitar and play most of it anyway if need be.

This would be very easy for Moving Pictures fans as you could always listen to the Time Machine CD instead

Didn't both Blind Faith and Derek and The Dominos have only one album?

• Like 1

I think if I had to choose between A Farewell To Kings vs. the rest of Rush's catalogue I would have a really hard time.

Yeah, but there is always all the live versions of Xanadu, Cygnus etc. so I would ditch AFTK and still have all the others to console me!

Yeah, but there is always all the live versions of Xanadu, Cygnus etc. so I would ditch AFTK and still have all the others to console me!

I assumed for the sake of the exercise that there wouldn't be any live albums or greatest hits, etc. If that were the case, then yeah, I'm taking "the rest" every time.

• Like 2

I assumed for the sake of the exercise that there wouldn't be any live albums or greatest hits, etc. If that were the case, then yeah, I'm taking "the rest" every time.

I hadn't thought of that! With that restriction it is much more difficult .... not sure that i could do without A Farewell To Kings in that scenario!!

Didn't both Blind Faith and Derek and The Dominos have only one album?

Correct (D&D do have a live album though). Thats why it would be tough