I finally heard Geddy's "My Favorite Headache"

New_World_Man

I was able to procure a used copy of this for a little over 9 dollars on amazon. The disc is clean looking and plays well. It's a little rough around the edges but not a big deal to me.

Anyway, I'm almost done with my first listen of this. It's no hemispheres or moving pictures but it's really not bad either. Matt Cameron does a good job on drums(he's no Neil but who was?)and Ben Mink seems to provide some good guitar. Geddy's bass sounds really good too.

• Like 1

I was able to procure a used copy of this for a little over 9 dollars on amazon. The disc is clean looking and plays well. It's a little rough around the edges but not a big deal to me.

Anyway, I'm almost done with my first listen of this. It's no hemispheres or moving pictures but it's really not bad either. Matt Cameron does a good job on drums(he's no Neil but who was?)and Ben Mink seems to provide some good guitar. Geddy's bass sounds really good too.

http://youtu.be/ruQCYerg2E4

• Like 3

Ben Mink was playing guitar before he took up violin as a teenager in the 60's.

In the late 60's, Ben was playing guitar in a house band at The Rock Pile venue in Toronto, who opened for Led Zeppelin, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, and even backed up Chuck Berry.

The thing is Ben plays for the song. He's not a virtuoso, but can tear it up if needed.

• Like 2

An excellent album, much better than Victor, although to be fair Geddy stayed right in the 'Rush' comfort zone and Alex tried a million different things. So credit to Alex for having fun and trying everything, and credit to Ged for writing a good album.
  • Like 6

An excellent album, much better than Victor, although to be fair Geddy stayed right in the 'Rush' comfort zone and Alex tried a million different things. So credit to Alex for having fun and trying everything, and credit to Ged for writing a good album.

They mirror their respective personalities.....

• Like 2

I like alot of the songs but man, the lyrics and not good.

I think the most of the lyrics are right up there with Neil's.

Its IMO of course, and Neils could get clunky but, "I watch the sea, what do you want from me?"

Not even close to a literary masterpiece but that line does have its own charm.

• Like 1

Not sure if I'll ever listen to MFH again. Pedestrian is the word that comes to mind. Not horrible but boring. I liked Victor much better and Victor would have been even better had Alex used Lisa Dalbello as the vocalist instead of the boring voice of Edwin.