Rate "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses

• ★☆☆☆☆
    • ★★☆☆☆
    • ★★★☆☆
    • ★★★★☆
    • ★★★★★

I typed in “Justin Bieber” on YouTube and the first tune I found of his had 2.2B views. The next, 2.1B. The third, 1.5B.

That's sad. I know music is mostly subjective but those Justin Bieber songs are objectively crap. No one has a single reasonable argument to call those songs "good" or quality.

It's entirely subjective. Someone who likes Bieber can tell you why his songs are good. If you don't like Axl's voice, or Slash's playing, you're probably not going to like November Rain, or Patience, or Sweet Child O' Mine for that matter. I've always liked it. Record sales, or YouTube views, don't make something good, because that's entirely subjective. But if you find yourself saying something to the effect of, "I don't know how s/he sold so many records, I don't know anyone who likes him/her," you might want to think about whether that has more to do with the music or with your circle of acquaintances.

With Bieber (or Drake or Cardi B), which comes first?

I typed in “Justin Bieber” on YouTube and the first tune I found of his had 2.2B views. The next, 2.1B. The third, 1.5B.

That's sad. I know music is mostly subjective but those Justin Bieber songs are objectively crap. No one has a single reasonable argument to call those songs "good" or quality.

It's entirely subjective. Someone who likes Bieber can tell you why his songs are good. If you don't like Axl's voice, or Slash's playing, you're probably not going to like November Rain, or Patience, or Sweet Child O' Mine for that matter. I've always liked it. Record sales, or YouTube views, don't make something good, because that's entirely subjective. But if you find yourself saying something to the effect of, "I don't know how s/he sold so many records, I don't know anyone who likes him/her," you might want to think about whether that has more to do with the music or with your circle of acquaintances.

I dislike all of those but it’s not hard to understand how they sell records. Looks and familiarity (musically) go a long way for many people.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

They're pretty much the same thing. My kids (teenagers) like Drake and Cardi B.'s music as near as I can tell, but none of my friends do, to the best of my knowledge. My kids would say the music is good.

They're pretty much the same thing. My kids (teenagers) like Drake and Cardi B.'s music as near as I can tell, but none of my friends do, to the best of my knowledge. My kids would say the music is good.

My son's the same age (or pretty close) as Bieber but always found that stuff garbage. As far as I know, his friends are in the same camp.

I don't turn it off if it comes on. Thankfully I don't own the album or listen to passive radio (ie - random streaming channel 2243C), so I won't have to find out if I actually would.
  • Like 1

My son's the same age (or pretty close) as Bieber but always found that stuff garbage. As far as I know, his friends are in the same camp.

That's good.

• Like 1

Awful. The band of Appetite for Destruction was no more.

November Rain is a bloated mess with really bad singing.

sounds like a Spinal Tap record review .. "Shit Sandwich" lol

Hahaha! I was just talking to a buddy of mine and we were half jokingly talking about starting a Spinal Tap tribute band. Shark Sandwich sounded like a good name to us!

I’ll add that I really like GnR, but they got too big too fast. Firing Steven Adler - as necessary as that might’ve been - lost them that perfect greasy touch. As soon as Rose started hiring these technicians - the magic was lost.

• Like 1

I dislike all of those but it’s not hard to understand how they sell records. Looks and familiarity (musically) go a long way for many people.

Pop music is very listenable. I lack the requisite musical knowledge to explain why pop music is pleasing to the ears of many. It just sounds good.

Hahaha! I was just talking to a buddy of mine and we were half jokingly talking about starting a Spinal Tap tribute band. Shark Sandwich sounded like a good name to us!

I’ll add that I really like GnR, but they got too big too fast. Firing Steven Adler - as necessary as that might’ve been - lost them that perfect greasy touch. As soon as Rose started hiring these technicians - the magic was lost.

Already been taken.

• Like 2

Pop music is very listenable. I lack the requisite musical knowledge to explain why pop music is pleasing to the ears of many. It just sounds good.

Bieber's hits don't sound good.

None of that shit does.

None of that shit does.

wrong yet again! Just not your day.

Already been taken.

DAMMIT

Guns N Roses is a band you either love 'em or you despise them

I’m guessing if there were like a 5 or 6 option poll ranging from “Love ‘em” at the top and “I despise them” down at the bottom, you’d find quite a few TRFers choosing the middle answers

roasted

Though not by much, Drake and Cardi B actually have enough of a better reputation than Justin Bieber to warrant putting Bieber in his own category of most hated pop musicians. Drake has a couple critically acclaimed albums under his belt (albeit from years ago) and can rightfully call himself one of the more influential musicians of the past ten years. Cardi B at least when she was first coming up was seen as the long awaited alternative to Nicki Minaj's monopoly in the world of popular female rappers.

Bieber started out as a tween pop pretty boy with a mildly annoying air about him, got into his teens and 20s while getting into a lot of trouble with the law (for reasons I don't remember and don't care to look up) ruining his innocent image, had a decent commercial resurgence with a couple pretty big hits around 2015 that actually garnered him a dash of critical positivity (the only positivity the critics have ever given him), then made money doing features on other artists tracks until this past year when he tried to top the charts with an album which has been called almost shockingly derivative and an annoying lead single which the remnants of his entire fanbase couldn't (or wouldn't) get to number one over the groundswell movement behind an up and coming trap rapper named Roddy Rich. My point in giving that rundown being that Beiber had but one brief flirt with gaining some critical respect (not just from professional critics, but from general non-Bieber fan music fans) in the mid 2010's and subsequently dashed them with more content as bland and annoying as his early teeny bop songs. He has incredibly little respect from many music fans for a reason.

Already been taken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaTHtMmPDJo

LOL .. I like the Name "The Cucumbers" for a ST tribute band hahahaha .. "they run screaming!"

• Like 2

Already been taken.

LOL .. I like the Name "The Cucumbers" for a ST tribute band

"Nunn-Moreblack and the Covers"
  • Like 3

Already been taken.

LOL .. I like the Name "The Cucumbers" for a ST tribute band

"Nunn-Moreblack and the Covers"

"Dust for Vomit"