Rate "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses

• ★☆☆☆☆
    • ★★☆☆☆
    • ★★★☆☆
    • ★★★★☆
    • ★★★★★

Listening to Axl’s vocals is what I imagine testicular pain feels like.

You dislike Axl's voice so much, but you don't mind Brian Johnson's voice?

Bingo. Axl’s bullshit doesn’t help.

Bon Scott easily over both if you’re curious.

(Edited to add this prime example of why I think Axl is shit):

http://youtu.be/_9W2nckrum0

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I typed in “Justin Bieber” on YouTube and the first tune I found of his had 2.2B views. The next, 2.1B. The third, 1.5B.

That's sad. I know music is mostly subjective but those Justin Bieber songs are objectively crap. No one has a single reasonable argument to call those songs "good" or quality.

Edited by Texas King

I typed in “Justin Bieber” on YouTube and the first tune I found of his had 2.2B views. The next, 2.1B. The third, 1.5B.

That's sad. I know music is mostly subjective but those Justin Bieber songs are objectively crap. No one has a single reasonable argument to call those songs "good" or quality.

:laughing guy:

It's what I call a "self-conscious" song - uncomfortably conscious of itself as an object of the observation of others.

It hits all the cliche marks of a "classic rock song" with a bonus - Axl Roses' sandpaper irritant vocals.

I don't think it's a bad song. It's just not as great as Axl wants us to think it is. Get those bic lighters out...

3 stars.

• Like 1

It's what I call a "self-conscious" song - uncomfortably conscious of itself as an object of the observation of others.

It hits all the cliche marks of a "classic rock song" with a bonus - Axl Roses' sandpaper irritant vocals.

I don't think it's a bad song. It's just not as great as Axl wants us to think it is. Get those bic lighters out...

3 stars.

Funny you mention his vocals. they are EXTRA rough on November Rain. i mean even more rough than normal, lol

Mick

It's entirely subjective. Someone who likes Bieber can tell you why his songs are good. If you don't like Axl's voice, or Slash's playing, you're probably not going to like November Rain, or Patience, or Sweet Child O' Mine for that matter. I've always liked it. Record sales, or YouTube views, don't make something good, because that's entirely subjective. But if you find yourself saying something to the effect of, "I don't know how s/he sold so many records, I don't know anyone who likes him/her," you might want to think about whether that has more to do with the music or with your circle of acquaintances.

• Like 2

November Rain is the most popular classic rock video on YouTube (over 1.4 B views).

That and You Could Be Mine were the number one videos of their years on MTV truth be told. I remember NR being at number 1 for four weeks on MTV Top 20 in Summer 92.

i was little but i remember November Rain played All. The. TIME.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

It's entirely subjective. Someone who likes Bieber can tell you why his songs are good. If you don't like Axl's voice, or Slash's playing, you're probably not going to like November Rain, or Patience, or Sweet Child O' Mine for that matter. I've always liked it. Record sales, or YouTube views, don't make something good, because that's entirely subjective. But if you find yourself saying something to the effect of, "I don't know how s/he sold so many records, I don't know anyone who likes him/her," you might want to think about whether that has more to do with the music or with your circle of acquaintances.

Exactly

November Rain is the most popular classic rock video on YouTube (over 1.4 B views).

That and You Could Be Mine were the number one videos of their years on MTV truth be told. I remember NR being at number 1 for four weeks on MTV Top 20 in Summer 92.

Mick

You were "little" in '92? I turned 36 that year.

SIGH

• Like 1

Mick

SIGH

i was 7, lol

I turn 36 next year.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Guns N Roses is a band you either love 'em or you despise them

I’m guessing if there were like a 5 or 6 option poll ranging from “Love ‘em” at the top and “I despise them” down at the bottom, you’d find quite a few TRFers choosing the middle answers

• Like 1

Mick

SIGH

i was 7, lol

I turn 36 next year.

Mick

Fukk I'm getting old

I’m guessing if there were like a 5 or 6 option poll ranging from “Love ‘em” at the top and “I despise them” down at the bottom, you’d find quite a few TRFers choosing the middle answers

Read between the lines, He meant that you either love 'em, despise 'em, or fall somewhere in between. :P
  • Like 1

Awful. The band of Appetite for Destruction was no more.

November Rain is a bloated mess with really bad singing.

sounds like a Spinal Tap record review .. "Shit Sandwich" lol

• Like 3

Read between the lines, He meant that you either love 'em, despise 'em, or fall somewhere in between. :P

Right! I always forget the third option with either/or! :LOL: