ORFIE PASSED AWAY... (for real)

Laurabw

Diet

Diet

Diet

No sugar.

Veggies.

I'm saying this to myself.

That's not the answer either. Not to say it doesn't help, but I've known people who scrupulously watched their diet and exercised religiously and still got either cancer or had a stroke/heart attack. It's all in the genes.

• Like 3

Diet

Diet

Diet

No sugar.

Veggies.

I'm saying this to myself.

That's not the answer either. Not to say it doesn't help, but I've known people who scrupulously watched their diet and exercised religiously and still got either cancer or had a stroke/heart attack. It's all in the genes.

This is true -though if anything, it helps with understanding symptoms. It's easier to know if something for sure is wrong if you are healthy. Think of all the symptoms being overweight causes: back pain, headaches, breathing problems - it goes on forever.

It's more difficult to determine if something is really wrong with you.

Genes are absolutely a major factor - but there are other environmental causes.

Edited by chemistry1973
  • Like 3

I find it hard to even think about him. Still having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that he's never coming back.

I know. There are times just thinking about him brings tears to my eyes... :(

Same here.

I think he knew there was something wrong with him for a while. He mustn't have felt well.

To be honest, I think he knew he was going to die.

I didn't... it was such a shock.. :(

His behavior changed suddenly. It wasn't like him to stay away from here like that.

I remember about eight or so months ago he said he was lonely and was on the lookout to meet someone. It was shortly after that he would start staying away from here for weeks. I remember it because I wrote him asking if he finally met someone.

Anyway, I do think he knew something serious was wrong with him. Look, it's easy to kid yourself when you know you might have a serious condition. No one likes to face difficult things. I'm someone that brushes things off too until I can no longer avoid the obvious. ORFie might have been like that too. When it comes to the heart and blood pressure though, it's not wise to do that. Many people (my father among them) have died from massive heart attacks. Almost two years ago I lost a good friend out here the same way. She was never sick and only went for her yearly checkup at the doctor. She was in her early 70s.

Ironically, I too noticed he'd be away for a few stretches at a time, but I put that down to him being busy; he'd post at odd times, saying: "It's alright, kitty, I'm here", and now I come to think about it, I remember him saying something about having to take his medication, but I never knew what for. I had no idea anything was wrong because he never opened up to me, particularly when we spoke via video chat those three times, and maybe he didn't want to worry me.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned before on here that he was diabetic. That comes with many issues including an increase in heart disease, kidney function and circulation problems. He could have been suffering from diabetic issues which caused him to step away from time to time.

I'm sure you're right (I think I might have missed a post or two about it).

• Like 2

Jules, I know Orfie was an atheist, but today I requested a Mass to be said for him.

Just in case. ;)

That's awesome. He never claimed any one religion, but considered himself to be spiritual. I'm sure he would have appreciated that very much Requiescat in pace.

• Like 2