ORFIE PASSED AWAY... (for real)

Laurabw

Hi all - I am ORF's niece who posted the notification on Facebook. I am blown away by the response. I knew he was heavily involved in this group and others, but didn't realize what a positive effect he had on those he interacted with. Thank you all.

Jules, if you are reading this, you are welcome, and thank you. My thoughts, and prayers go out to you, and the family, too.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

RIP

been on this board 13 years. Why doesn't Orfie ring a bell?

That was kind of his nickname; his forum name was Old Rush Fan. His avatar was a photo of Clint Eastwood from Gran Torino as he empathized with that character! He was on the Counterparts board for a long time and came here about 5 yrs ago? He lived in central Michigan, was retired from working in a Ford plant and had awesome musical and artist knowledge. :)

ah OK I am familiar with him. DIdn't interact much. Sad.

• Like 2

wow what a dark year for TheRushForum

I gave this a watch tonight, and it raised my spirits.

220px-Rushdoc.jpg

Blessed to be a part of the RUSH family. :dweez:

every time I see someone part of the Rush community or a Rush member dies, I watch this to bring back good thoughts
  • Like 5

I just found out the news!

"Suddenly you were gone..."

He was a lovely chap. I will miss seeing the banana pictures, gifs and emojis.

Rest In Peace Orfie. :rose:

• Like 8

We at least have a cause of death now. Cardiovascular disease. Still waiting for a more exact date of death and info on an obituary and service (if any).
  • Like 3

We at least have a cause of death now. Cardiovascular disease. Still waiting for a more exact date of death and info on an obituary and service (if any).

Thank you, Jules. It's all so sad. I've been thinking about him often.

• Like 4

Poor ORFie...... Thank you for posting this.

• Like 3

I rather suspected it might fall to me to write the obituary, and sure enough. Not sure what minor edits the funeral home might make, but here it is as I wrote it. Thought you guys should be the first to see it.

Gary Wayne Morningstar, 62, of Saline, Michigan, passed away August 12, 2020 at his home from complications of diabetes and heart disease. Gary was born May 15, 1958 in Ypsilanti, Michigan, to the late Robert and Velda (Alexander) Morningstar. He was a 1976 graduate of Saline High School, where he was a proud member of the marching band. A lifelong Boy Scout, he attained the rank of Eagle Scout. Gary was retired from Ford Motor Company, where he worked for many years. He was a gifted drummer and had an unrivaled depth of knowledge about music, particularly his favorite band Rush. He is survived by daughter Krystal, son Michael, brother Ronald (Shirley), sister Carol (John) Raymond, nieces Wendy (Pat) Michels, Julayne (Keith) Hughes, Brenda Morningstar, and Gail (Terry) Kruger. He is also survived by many cousins, several great-nieces and -nephews, two cats, and many friends around the world. In addition to his parents, Gary was preceded in death by a brother, Robert Lee. The family will hold a private graveside ceremony. Gifts in Gary’s memory may be directed to the American Diabetes Association at diabetes.org. Please visit rbhfsaline.com to send condolences to the family or post memories you have of Gary.

• Like 19

I rather suspected it might fall to me to write the obituary, and sure enough. Not sure what minor edits the funeral home might make, but here it is as I wrote it. Thought you guys should be the first to see it.

Gary Wayne Morningstar, 62, of Saline, Michigan, passed away August 12, 2020 at his home from complications of diabetes and heart disease. Gary was born May 15, 1958 in Ypsilanti, Michigan, to the late Robert and Velda (Alexander) Morningstar. He was a 1976 graduate of Saline High School, where he was a proud member of the marching band. A lifelong Boy Scout, he attained the rank of Eagle Scout. Gary was retired from Ford Motor Company, where he worked for many years. He was a gifted drummer and had an unrivaled depth of knowledge about music, particularly his favorite band Rush. He is survived by daughter Krystal, son Michael, brother Ronald (Shirley), sister Carol (John) Raymond, nieces Wendy (Pat) Michels, Julayne (Keith) Hughes, Brenda Morningstar, and Gail (Terry) Kruger. He is also survived by many cousins, several great-nieces and -nephews, two cats, and many friends around the world. In addition to his parents, Gary was preceded in death by a brother, Robert Lee. The family will hold a private graveside ceremony. Gifts in Gary’s memory may be directed to the American Diabetes Association at diabetes.org. Please visit rbhfsaline.com to send condolences to the family or post memories you have of Gary.

Jules, that's an obit Orfie would have liked. You did a fine job.

Thank you for registering on TRF and for being so thoughtful and kind to us.

I will miss him. :rose:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 9

Jules, that's an obit Orfie would have liked. You did a fine job.

Thank you for registering on TRF and for being so thoughtful and kind to us.

I will miss him. :rose:

what Lorraine said.

• Like 5

:rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose:

13529078_10154331964088556_2966825625020988059_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=dbb9e7&_nc_ohc=t9Ibbp_5aeYAX-UV22k&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=ea41f61471a7e8b93f3a4a3d1fab1238&oe=5F5E0164

Very sad news, indeed, rest in peace Gary.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/MyStuff-TheKit.jpg

I look at this picture and can't help but smile.

:yes:

:rose:

Sad to hear. We’d engage on cars, models and music. We also had a fun back and forth routine. With that said, may ORF be in the warm, loving embrace of Zelix on an eternal plane of solid gold awesomeness.

ORF the Anti-Zelix

GlpljMM.gif

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 9

:rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose:

13529078_10154331964088556_2966825625020988059_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=dbb9e7&_nc_ohc=t9Ibbp_5aeYAX-UV22k&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=ea41f61471a7e8b93f3a4a3d1fab1238&oe=5F5E0164

Very sad news, indeed, rest in peace Gary.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/MyStuff-TheKit.jpg

I look at this picture and can't help but smile.

:yes:

:rose:

Sad to hear. We’d engage on cars, models and music. We also had a fun back and forth routine. With that said, may ORF be in the warm, loving embrace of Zelix on an eternal plane of solid gold awesomeness.

ORF the Anti-Zelix

GlpljMM.gif

ORFie would love that post!
  • Like 5

That is a lovely tribute, Jules. Thank you for sharing it with us! I mostly saw the Rush and car side of Orf and it is lovely to read about the rest.

• Like 6

He often found nice things to say, and rarely had anything bad to say about anyone or anything. Even for bands that didn't deserve anything more than disdain. Edited by stoopid
  • Like 6

He often found nice things to say, and rarely had anything bad to say about anyone or anything. Even for bands that didn't deserve anything more than disdain.

Pretty much if a band had an album, it was in his collection.

• Like 4

Thank you for the update and the information Jules...

...hoping your family can find comfort during this difficult time.

Sending good thoughts, prayers and hugs to you, your family and to Orfie's friends.

:hug2:

• Like 5

Jules, when I copy and paste your link, this is what I get:

Lactated Ringer's solution is commonly used as an IV treatment for dehydration or acid-base imbalances.

• Like 1