ORFIE PASSED AWAY... (for real)

Laurabw

Heard about this on Facebook a few minutes ago. Very sad to hear about this. I'm sorry to say that I never got round to reply to a very kind personal message that he sent me here in March, really annoyed with myself for that.
  • Like 3

How our video conversations happened was by accident - I think he was playing around with the messenging part and got the video camera bit instead. Next thing was, my phone was ringing; ironically enough, I didn't realise that at the time, and missed it, but when he tried again a while later, I managed to answer him, and there he was, and it was a bit like Skype. I remember one conversation was only about 15 minutes, and another was well over an hour, like an hour and a half, and we talked about our cats, and showed off our cats - his two and my one, movies, TV shows, and had a look at each other's model aircrafts and tanks (Mr Babycat is a modelmaker) and we talked and laughed. He even saw Mr Babycat, and there was a three-way conversation going on; both of them talked about their models, and ORFie said Mr Babycat's models were beautiful. Afterwards, Mr Babycat said ORFie seemed like a very fine fella, nice and approachable, and said how nice it was to have a friend like him. The last conversation was a bit shorter, probably about 20 minutes. ORFie didn't say if he was going to call again, but I always thought he might one day.

I sent him a birthday message, but like everyone else, didn't receive a reply, he may have been busy at the time, and no one thought anything different or unusual as he sometimes took a little while in responding, but then I noticed his responses were getting intermittent on the You Must Respond thread, but when he did, he'd say something like "It's okay, Kitty, I'm here".

The final part was on Tuesday the 11th, I'd sent him a PM, saying that I hoped he was okay and to come back soon as everyone missed him, but I didn't get a reply...

• Like 6

Hi all - I am ORF's niece who posted the notification on Facebook. I am blown away by the response. I knew he was heavily involved in this group and others, but didn't realize what a positive effect he had on those he interacted with. Thank you all.
  • Like 23

Hi all - I am ORF's niece who posted the notification on Facebook. I am blown away by the response. I knew he was heavily involved in this group and others, but didn't realize what a positive effect he had on those he interacted with. Thank you all.

He was such an amazing dude, absolutely adored him. :heart:
  • Like 5

Hugs to you and your family, Jules- I'm so sorry for your loss.I loved hearing about his cats, his model making and his dvd and music collection but more than that, he was always a supportive friend. :heart: He will be missed! I'm glad you got to see this side of him.

• Like 7

Oh Jules, we loved him!!!! Speaking for myself, I am still having a hard time adjusting to the fact that he won't ever come back here and that he is dead. He was very kind to me and a real friend.

Would you be so kind as to let us know what he died from and where we can send something if you are having any type of a service for him? I know his name is Gary, but he will always be ORFie to me.

Thanks for registering and posting. It means a lot to us.

• Like 6

Oh Jules, we loved him!!!! Speaking for myself, I am still having a hard time adjusting to the fact that he won't ever come back here and that he is dead. He was very kind to me and a real friend.

Would you be so kind as to let us know what he died from and where we can send something if you are having any type of a service for him? I know his name is Gary, but he will always be ORFie to me.

Thanks for registering and posting. It means a lot to us.

We still don't know what he died from. Hopefully the autopsy results will come in soon. There's not even an obituary yet, let alone a service. But as soon as I have that info I'll post it here.

• Like 7

Dear Jules,

I am so sorry for your loss and am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Gary was one of a kind and really admired here.

Thank you so very much for checking in here with all of us.

~Peace and grace,

TC3 :hug2:

• Like 9

Wow so sad. I always wonder what happens to members who go quiet or disappear. You always hope for the best. RIP ORF

We ought to have some type of register here that is kept by either the Boss or another mod with our real names and locations. When a long-time member who regularly posted suddenly disappears for no apparent reason, at least someone can check and see if they kicked the bucket or not.

• Like 1

Dear ORFie: I am so sorry to hear that you are gone. Hugs to your family and all who knew you :hug2: Rest In Peace. :rose: Edited by librarian
  • Like 5

Wow so sad. I always wonder what happens to members who go quiet or disappear. You always hope for the best. RIP ORF

We ought to have some type of register here that is kept by either the Boss or another mod with our real names and locations. When a long-time member who regularly posted suddenly disappears for no apparent reason, at least someone can check and see if they kicked the bucket or not.

I get what you're saying but that just seems like unnecessary work for the mods to do. It's not really their job to keep tabs on people outside of the forum.

People come and go from internet forums all the time. I've done it myself in the past. A lot of the time, people just don't get anything out of posting anymore and move on.

I now think lots of members are gonna leave the forum because of ORF's passing

probs the same thing for Neil's passing :(

Members left long before Neil died. After it became evident that R40 was it, a lot of people slowly started leaving the forum. Neil's death actually got many old members to return even though a lot of them didn't end up sticking around.

Not sure why you think Orfie's death would get people to stop posting here? He hadn't been posting for a bit before he died and nobody left. Plus, I'm sure he wouldn't want anyone to stop posting just because he's not around anymore.

• Like 7

I don't think people will leave. To be honest reading about OldRushFan's passing has probably spurred a lot of members to log back on if only to pay their condolences, the same as it was with Neil's passing. As with any tragedy, there is the slim silver lining that it brings more of us together if only for a brief moment, even though it must be a sad one.

• Like 8

I don't think people will leave. To be honest reading about OldRushFan's passing has probably spurred a lot of members to log back on if only to pay their condolences, the same as it was with Neil's passing. As with any tragedy, there is the slim silver lining that it brings more of us together if only for a brief moment, even though it must be a sad one.

I am glad to see so many checking in to share their thoughts and celebrate the memories we have of him.

tenor.gif

• Like 10

I am glad to see so many checking in to share their thoughts and celebrate the memories we have of him.

tenor.gif

same

it's a shame we are losing great members

• Like 3

not a bad point
  • Like 1