The Unexplained

JohnnyBlaze

The Unexplained  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones do you believe are real?

• ghosts / spirits
    • alien abduction
    • UFOs (specifically alien craft)
    • demons / possession
    • evil spots / places
    • Nessie
    • Bigfoot / Yeti
    • magic / curses / witchcraft
    • Bermuda Triangle phenomenon
    • supernatural powers
    • prophecies
    • hidden civilizations
    • vampires
    • werewolves & shapeshifters
    • ghost towns
    • mythical animals
    • angels
    • other dimensions
    • ESP
    • fortune telling
    • leprechauns / goblins / fairies
    • giants
    • dreams that come true / deja vu
    • urban legends
    • teleportation
    • mysterious objects
    • (I don’t believe any of these are real.)
  2. 2. Would you like to experience (perhaps again) any of the items listed in question 1?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Bigfoot/ Yeti. I'm fascinated by this subject. There's so much credible scientific evidence. Yet that conclusive 'body' of evidence continues to evade. Dermal ridges on hands and feet, unidentifiable hair. Also reminded of species recently discovered. Billy Ape; 6 feet tall. The biggest Primate, only found in 2011. And the Silver Back..only discovered the past 70/80 yrs. Prof Jeffrey Meldrum makes a convincing case.

Those stats are a bit off...

- Bili apes are between 5-5.5 feet tall

- Silverbacks were “discovered” about 120 years ago (1902)

- the eastern gorillas are the biggest primates

A certain TRFer in the past has posted a couple of experiences he’s had with Bigfoot (or something unexplainable). He never outright called it Bigfoot but he implied that there was something.

Yeah I'm going by memory :codger: , rather than research on net : ) But you get the point. Point being there are species of considerable size, that have only just recently been found. Tied in with evidence of Bigfoot Yeti and the Yowie, it makes for a compelling case.

• Like 2

Bigfoot/ Yeti. I'm fascinated by this subject. There's so much credible scientific evidence. Yet that conclusive 'body' of evidence continues to evade. Dermal ridges on hands and feet, unidentifiable hair. Also reminded of species recently discovered. Billy Ape; 6 feet tall. The biggest Primate, only found in 2011. And the Silver Back..only discovered the past 70/80 yrs. Prof Jeffrey Meldrum makes a convincing case.

A certain TRFer in the past has posted a couple of experiences he’s had with Bigfoot (or something unexplainable). He never outright called it Bigfoot but he implied that there was something.

Yeah I'm going by memory :codger: , rather than research on net : ) But you get the point. Point being there are species of considerable size, that have only just recently been found. Tied in with evidence of Bigfoot Yeti and the Yowie, it makes for a compelling case.

You’re right - I did search on the net because I was pretty sure the stats were off :yes: But yeah I got the point and wasn’t really trying to show you up (if that’s what you thought) or trying to look knowledgeable (I’m not, I just like this topic including Bigfoot)

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJqCsPccRpk

You’re right - I did search on the net because I was pretty sure the stats were off :yes: But yeah I got the point and wasn’t really trying to show you up (if that’s what you thought) or trying to look knowledgeable (I’m not, I just like this topic including Bigfoot)

No worries, good to chat. I'm fascinated with the fringe science on anything like this. Looking in to the Bigfoot mystery for many years. Like to be accurate with figures if I can. :D .

The other mystery that fascinates me is the Star Child Skull. Have you you heard about it? It's been debunked as a child having a medical condition, explaining the strange deformed head. If the physiological qualities are looked at with this skull, there are some very anomalous attributes. Hard to find info on the Star Child Skull. Think the skull is missing now. Interesting stuff.

• Like 1

Since I believe in God .... angels, demons, possession come along with that.

I like to believe in romantic notions like nessie and bigfoot also!

How about ghosts or aliens?

I think I voted yes to both - ghosts on account of the whole God thing, and aliens for the same reason as nessie & bigfoot.

Would you be willing to spend the night in a supposed haunted house?

I have, but quite inadvertently.

...and nope, won't do it again, no sir.

:D

• Like 3

I think I voted yes to both - ghosts on account of the whole God thing, and aliens for the same reason as nessie & bigfoot.

You have to share what happened now :D

• Like 2

No worries, good to chat. I'm fascinated with the fringe science on anything like this. Looking in to the Bigfoot mystery for many years. Like to be accurate with figures if I can. :D .

The other mystery that fascinates me is the Star Child Skull. Have you you heard about it? It's been debunked as a child having a medical condition, explaining the strange deformed head. If the physiological qualities are looked at with this skull, there are some very anomalous attributes. Hard to find info on the Star Child Skull. Think the skull is missing now. Interesting stuff.

No, never heard of that. Will look into that now though :cheers:

It did remind me of crystal skulls though. This is a fun little watch with Dan Ackroyd of all people:

http://youtu.be/X2utCTvqlVI

That’s not the whole thing of course, and I just did a quick search. But if it’s interesting or, at least amusing, there’s more to be watched in that particular Joe Rogan episode.

• Like 1

You have to share what happened now :D

:yes:

• Like 1

^^^^

well, kinda of a long story.... :)

While in high school my friend and I would regularly stay at his grandfather's old 2-story house to look after him and keep him company (the upstairs was empty and unused). My friend always said the house was haunted, and he and his family would have weird experiences in general (think poltergeist). I'd known him and his family for years and never saw/heard anything so I was always thinking BS (“yeah right”). Well, anyway one night we're sleeping in the guest bedroom, and the grand father is asleep in the next bedroom...

Then from upstairs, across the ceiling, the sound of…..

“running…running…running…running…running…running…running…running…running…running…”

…back and forth, right above my head…

…it sounded like a little kid on crack chasing a ball.

Wow, I ask “what the “wtf is that?” My friend said “well I told you the place was haunted”….the sound went on all night, I didn’t sleep a wink…more happened, voices, then the oven door crashed opened/closed, or it sounded like it anyway. Yikes. To be honest I wasn’t afraid, but it was a really, really weird experience.

But never went back…nope. :)

• Like 4

It would depend on the nature of the haunting for me. If it's the spirit of a little kid who just wants to play and roll a ball on the ground back and forth then sure. If the place is inhabited by the spirit of the kindly grandmother who used to live there then fine. But if it's one of those demon infested, portal to hell houses then you can f**k right off with that.

• Like 3

In recent years I have gone back and forth on whether I believe that Bigfoot still exists. For many years I believed one hundred percent that it existed. But as I have gotten older I'm starting to think more about why there hasn't been a body found yet? Surely, some experienced hunters must have shot and killed one by now, right? And if they have they would no doubt want to show it off. That's the main thing that puts doubt in my full on belief in it. I just think a body should have turned up by now.

But the evidence that Bigfoot exists is still quite strong with the mysterious footprints and unidentifiable hairs. There's also the many accounts of experienced outdoorsman who have had encounters and can't explain what the hell they saw. There's also the chilling Yeti calls in the night that can't be connected to the sounds any known animal makes.

I still lean towards Bigfoot being real because the evidence speaks volumes. I guess I'm just more disappointed that a body hasn't been found yet so we can have our definitive proof.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

It would depend on the nature of the haunting for me. If it's the spirit of a little kid who just wants to play and roll a ball on the ground back and forth then sure. If the place is inhabited by the spirit of the kindly grandmother who used to live there then fine. But if it's one of those demon infested, portal to hell houses then you can f**k right off with that.

:LOL:

You wouldn't find it disturbing if you heard a little toddler ghost crying in the closet of that haunted house?

Or how about a Civil War soldier ghost standing in the hallway all bloodied up and just staring at you?

What if you had no information about the house other than that some eyewitnesses saying they'd never go back?

• Like 1

^^^^

While in high school my friend and I would regularly stay at his grandfather's old 2-story house to look after him and keep him company (the upstairs was empty and unused). My friend always said the house was haunted, and he and his family would have weird experiences in general (think poltergeist). I'd known him and his family for years and never saw/heard anything so I was always thinking BS (“yeah right”). Well, anyway one night we're sleeping in the guest bedroom, and the grand father is asleep in the next bedroom...

“running…running…running…running…running…running…running…running…running…running…”

Wow, I ask “what the “wtf is that?” My friend said “well I told you the place was haunted”….the sound went on all night, I didn’t sleep a wink…more happened, voices, then the oven door crashed opened/closed, or it sounded like it anyway. Yikes. To be honest I wasn’t afraid, but it was a really, really weird experience.

Do you think it could've been something other than a ghost? [And i don't mean someone going to great lengths trying to scare you.]

• Like 2

You wouldn't find it disturbing if you heard a little toddler ghost crying in the closet of that haunted house?

Or how about a Civil War soldier ghost standing in the hallway all bloodied up and just staring at you?

What if you had no information about the house other than that some eyewitnesses saying they'd never go back?

Yeah, that would be disturbing to hear but if I'm going in with the knowledge of what it is then it would be easier to deal with.

I would like to think I would be my usual wise ass self if I saw that civil war ghost and say something like "hey, it looks like you might need some medical attention there buddy" but I'm guessing I would probably be a bit too startled to say anything like that.

My curiosity about the house would be peaked if I heard some people say they would never go back there. But I probably wouldn't stay since whatever is there was strong enough to drive people away for good.

• Like 2

Yeah, that would be disturbing to hear but if I'm going in with the knowledge of what it is then it would be easier to deal with.

I would like to think I would be my usual wise ass self if I saw that civil war ghost and say something like "hey, it looks like you might need some medical attention there buddy" but I'm guessing I would probably be a bit too startled to say anything like that.

My curiosity about the house would be peaked if I heard some people say they would never go back there. But I probably wouldn't stay since whatever is there was strong enough to drive people away for good.

So I guess attending an exorcism would be out of the question (even if you could have one foot out the door)? :LOL:

• Like 2

So I guess attending an exorcism would be out of the question (even if you could have one foot out the door)? :LOL:

the_exorcist_still.jpg
  • Like 2

the_exorcist_still.jpg

This is what RUSHHEAD saw the morning after taking home what he thought was some babe at the bar from the night before.

"YOU ROCK MY WORLD, EARL!!!!"

• Like 3

I think it's possible to believe in angels and demons without believing in God or being religious. Angels can simply be the spirits of people who were good and kind when they were on Earth. While demons are ghosts of those people who were rotten to the core in their earthly form. I don't think angels and demons need to be exclusively tied to God and religion.

I don't know if that sounds weird to anyone else but this is something I have thought for a long time now.

• Like 2

the_exorcist_still.jpg

This is what RUSHHEAD saw the morning after taking home what he thought was some babe at the bar from the night before.

"YOU ROCK MY WORLD, EARL!!!!"

:LMAO: I'm afraid in the past I have had nights like that!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :drool: :facepalm:

I think it's possible to believe in angels and demons without believing in God or being religious. Angels can simply be the spirits of people who were good and kind when they were on Earth. While demons are ghosts of those people who were rotten to the core in their earthly form. I don't think angels and demons need to be exclusively tied to God and religion.

I don't know if that sounds weird to anyone else but this is something I have thought for a long time now.

It sounds like a reasonable opinion to have.
  • Like 1

No, never heard of that. Will look into that now though :cheers:

It did remind me of crystal skulls though. This is a fun little watch with Dan Ackroyd of all people:

http://youtu.be/X2utCTvqlVI

That’s not the whole thing of course, and I just did a quick search. But if it’s interesting or, at least amusing, there’s more to be watched in that particular Joe Rogan episode.

Yeah Rogan has some crazy interesting shit. Smokes some too. :D :smoke: . The Star Child skull is probably the closest thing to alien evidence. It's chemical content and DNA is different, unexplained. Its more tooth like than bone. Forgot a lot of the pertinent details but it's fascinating...as Spock would say :D

• Like 1

^^^^

Hey I had a similar experience.That kid gets around. :LOL:

Really. Did a house share way back.In the attic a few of us kept seeing something the size of a 7 year old - dark shape. Running around, moving quickly. Saw it independently of each other. Didn't feel threatened.

In the same town I was with my girlfriend in a pub; The Bell. Sitting there looking up I swear I saw this strange smoke, but it was like cotton (dense looking not clear) not moving. It really didn't dissipate or move like smoke. I kept saying to my Mrs over and over 'can you see that strange smoke?' She could not see it.... at all.

No I hadn't indulged :smoke:

Later, about 10 years later, found out this Pub is very haunted. It was on a ghost hunter TV show.

• Like 2

^^^^

Hey I had a similar experience.That kid gets around. :LOL:

Really. Did a house share way back.In the attic a few of us kept seeing something the size of a 7 year old - dark shape. Running around, moving quickly. Saw it independently of each other. Didn't feel threatened.

In the same town I was with my girlfriend in a pub; The Bell. Sitting there looking up I swear I saw this strange smoke, but it was like cotton (dense looking not clear) not moving. It really didn't dissipate or move like smoke. I kept saying to my Mrs over and over 'can you see that strange smoke?' She could not see it.... at all.

No I hadn't indulged :smoke:

Later, about 10 years later, found out this Pub is very haunted. It was on a ghost hunter TV show.

Big Raccoon(s)

• Like 3

I believe there's more questions that answers, especially extraterrestrials. We must be incredibly arrogant and stupid to think we're the only intelligent lifeforms in the universe. Other items on the list are man-made hocus pocus.

How about ghosts, angels, and demons?

naa

Do you believe some areas in the world are regularly visited by UFOs?

Do you believe people have ever recovered alien craft?

Sure it's possible on both questions. But all we really have for proof is conspiracy theorists and Billy Bobs that got beamed up from their truck. I just go on my theory that the universe is huge beyond our imagination and the odds that we're the only intelligent (debatable) life forms is pretty slim.

But I don't trust religion to explain any of this with any measure of scientific analysis or reasoning. Religions can't get beyond their simplistic 'boogieman in the closet' propaganda.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2