petrucci and portnoy reunite

tangy

i read earlier in the week, john would be be playing a 6 string for his solo record but was working on a new 8 string guitar which he hope to play on the next DT record.

i still love petrucci and portnoy and liquid tension experiment. stopped listening to dt when portnoy left the band though

That’s a shame because the last DT album is the best thing they’ve ever done.

No it really isn't lol

• Like 2

i read earlier in the week, john would be be playing a 6 string for his solo record but was working on a new 8 string guitar which he hope to play on the next DT record.

i still love petrucci and portnoy and liquid tension experiment. stopped listening to dt when portnoy left the band though

No it really isn't lol

it's the epitome of meh for this fan.

Mick

No it really isn't lol

it's the epitome of meh for this fan.

Mick

I think it's great, but not there best

I'm going to interview Petrucci next Tuesday... he's the Moby Dick of my interviewing career. I can't wait!!!!

Holy cow that's amazing!

• Like 1

John is definitely one my fave players. i kinda keep up with him but not to the extent i used. i dont recall him guesting on others material but could easily be wrong. Also i dont remember him bringing other guests in to play on his solo works? in particular other guitarists??
  • Like 1

John is definitely one my fave players. i kinda keep up with him but not to the extent i used. i dont recall him guesting on others material but could easily be wrong. Also i dont remember him bringing other guests in to play on his solo works? in particular other guitarists??

He only did another solo album, also with Dave LaRue on bass and two drummers who I don't really know. And here's a short list of his guest spots:

Digital Pinball: Necronomicon soundtrack (1996)

(1998)

Group – Wicked (1998)

(2001)

(Played on track "Czar Of Steel") (2006)

(Special guest guitarist on "Black Orchid") (2006)

(Guest solo on track "Erised") (2012)

Sterling Ball, John Ferraro and Jim Cox – The Mutual Admiration Society (2018)

– Wired for Madness (2019)

– Scenes from the Flood (Solo on "World Class") (2019)

I can't recommend Bryan Beller's album enough. It's simply amazing!

• Like 1

He only did another solo album, also with Dave LaRue on bass and two drummers who I don't really know. And here's a short list of his guest spots:

(1998)

Group – Wicked (1998)

(2001)

holy shit, thanks for the education. a lot of those i have been meaning to check out.

bryan beller is amazing. i cant remember if he was playing with vai the last time i saw him. i used to listen to beer for dolphins with beller and the incredible mike keneally.

you obviously know the material so i hope you have a great interview! :cheers:

• Like 1

(1998)

Group – Wicked (1998)

(2001)

He played guitar on Dorothy Wallace's 45 Autonomo Joe (A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix) from either 1994 or 1995.