Met Lorraine...sound familiar?

treeduck

This post is your best so far. It allows the reader freedom to interpret. To me, the period represents how much can simultaneously happen at one moment.

It certainly is. And yet it has more substance and credibility than entries about meeting Neil Peart. :P

With one difference: I met Neil.

But you didn't!

Except for the time I did. :)

Didn't happen, end off!

I met Geddy, Alex, and John after a bar gig in Toronto back in ‘71. At the time I didn’t even know who they were as I was just at the establishment for the beer and the poutine. And even though I was born in ‘72, I’m positive I met them at that bar in ‘71 because I just know.

And I met all their mothers, and you can guess the rest... :smoke:

So Geddy, Alex, and John are half brothers and you’re their father?!

I knew it!

• Like 1

This post is your best so far. It allows the reader freedom to interpret. To me, the period represents how much can simultaneously happen at one moment.

It certainly is. And yet it has more substance and credibility than entries about meeting Neil Peart. :P

But you didn't!

Didn't happen, end off!

I met Geddy, Alex, and John after a bar gig in Toronto back in ‘71. At the time I didn’t even know who they were as I was just at the establishment for the beer and the poutine. And even though I was born in ‘72, I’m positive I met them at that bar in ‘71 because I just know.

And I met all their mothers, and you can guess the rest... :smoke:

So Geddy, Alex, and John are half brothers and you’re their father?!

I knew it!

Aye!

But you didn't!

Didn't happen, end off!

mmmmmmmmmmm, poutine

• Like 1

But you didn't!

Didn't happen, end off!

mmmmmmmmmmm, poutine

You’re missing the poutine...err, point. And the point is that I met the original trio in a Toronto bar ‘71 no matter what my birthdate says.

Messy food!

Likely a french canadian, perhaps has photos of the drummer's snow shoe travels - by way of long distance zoom lenses and trail cams?

Please share!!

• Like 1

And you didn't have to spend a few decades playing drums and writing books :)

You might have caught on to a secret? Be open, honest, have a long history of sharing and respecting personal experiences with fellow forum members...be admired by peers.

Reading so much back story, I dearly wish I had joined many years ago. But even my short introduction to these great TRF, you stood out to me as well respected and helpful :)

And Treeduck...

I met him? This one time?

I thought I could engage him with my life stories. First he drew on the bottom of a milkshake so thoroughly I could hardly hear my own voice.

Then, I began with my opinions about everything to do with life. I actually saw him pull out a Neil book and start reading. I was that inspiring!

Ok, I embellished a little. The bit about Lorraine, I don't really know her that well :chickendance:

• Like 2

And you didn't have to spend a few decades playing drums and writing books :)

You might have caught on to a secret? Be open, honest, have a long history of sharing and respecting personal experiences with fellow forum members...be admired by peers.

Reading so much back story, I dearly wish I had joined many years ago. But even my short introduction to these great TRF, you stood out to me as well respected and helpful :)

And Treeduck...

I met him? This one time?

I thought I could engage him with my life stories. First he drew on the bottom of a milkshake so thoroughly I could hardly hear my own voice.

Then, I began with my opinions about everything to do with life. I actually saw him pull out a Neil book and start reading. I was that inspiring!

Ok, I embellished a little. The bit about Lorraine, I don't really know her that well :chickendance:

That was very kind of you to say. Thank you.

I wish I had joined TRF sooner myself. I missed the Golden Years of the forum. By the time I got here, they were already gone, but we still had many, oh so many, good times. I used to spend all day here and laugh and laugh and laugh. We used to really have a good time. But people leave and others move on. I'm just grateful that the place is still up and running and that we still have a core group here of really wonderful human beings.

There's only one TRF.

• Like 1

No need to respond, but I know the feeling of "forums of yesteryear". A gaming site I participated in for over ten years was an evening activity. Doesn't matter how much, but how often? Yes, it was a tonne of fun!

I am not so much interested in the starts about "which song did you...", "what time were you...". I gravitate to the personal stories of fans. We have all invested so much time in these three super guys.

These forums are a great place, just to just be.

I don't have the guts, yet, to share anything personal about myself - but nothing has shocked me yet, in everything I have read so far.

Oh, yeah...So...Met Lorraine...sound familiar?

I just finished reading an amazing book, will post on a Neil forum if I find the right one.

Elspeth Beard is my new hero (sorry Lorraine :) )

Since this topic feels a bit arbitrary as it is...I am adding new subjects!

After reading about Neil's motorbike travels over the years, I started reading other people's similar travels.

Ted Simon, then her. Look her up, very good reading to distract one from these "Uncertain Times".

• Like 1